• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Love vs Meta

Do you use the characters you love? Or the best characters at the time?

• Total voters

Painbae

Reaction score
Do you prefer to use characters and recolors because you love them, or because the meta defines them as "top tier"

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
I usually play with the Character I like te most, but the better variation

Reactions: Painbae
i mean my usual strategy is using my weakest fighters first to build a streak and just continue like that until no fighter has energy left.

If Prize fights were less about building streaks however i'd definitely prefer playing the characters i like from a character and gameplay standpoint over what's the strongest - my favs being Peacock, Painwheel and Squigly making up my waifu team

love. i evolve all the default bronzes to gold.
however i do use the best fighters according to some of moist’s tier lists, so i’m actually a mix of both.

I actually level up my most loved fighters to be the strongest so all the time I always use fighters that are both the strongest in my team and the one I love the most

Hey I use a red velvet and a harlequin so... yeah I guess both meta and favs

I especially love my Heavy Reign Parasoul because of the play style. She is a bit weak... So if she received a buff to her atk and hp, I'd use her all the time. I mainly like the SAs that change how you fight enemies. For me, it's more about the feeling of playing the character that then makes me enjoy the palette more.

Never got into the SkullGirls franchise until SGM, but I will say I’m more on the love side. My favorite favorite is painwheel, she was the first character I went up against and thought to myself ‘me want’ so even though I haven’t pulled any gold painwheels I cherish my blood drive like a pair of bathing apes.

Also according to the list that Moist (pause) posted, valentine isn’t a top performer, but she’s bae. And although harlequin is a top tier, I just don’t really love cerebella’s play style. Or big band. So yeah not a meta kind of player.

Never got into the SkullGirls franchise until SGM, but I will say I’m more on the love side. My favorite favorite is painwheel, she was the first character I went up against and thought to myself ‘me want’ so even though I haven’t pulled any gold painwheels I cherish my blood drive like a pair of bathing apes.

Also according to the list that Moist (pause) posted, valentine isn’t a top performer, but she’s bae. And although harlequin is a top tier, I just don’t really love cerebella’s play style. Or big band. So yeah not a meta kind of player.
Bruh i feel you, rage appropriate main here

On another note, I used to play Heavenstrike Rivals, and bcuz the pvp was real time, you had no choice but to follow the meta. I had heroes that I absolutely loved for their art but they were outshined by other heroes who you only really end up liking because they kick your bum and you end up wanting to do some OP punishing yourself. SGM resides in a very healthy space regarding their combat system, art style and no obligation kind of feeling. At some point so many pvp games become cash grabs and the players often fall victim to the power creep. I love skull girls mobile. This **** is fun

Does it count that my faves are also meta???
Probably the only character I love playing but don't have all to high leveled yet is my Primed Parasoul. Something about the mix of her SA's is just so much fun! I also love wrecking the battlefield with Buzzkill♡

Does it count that my faves are also meta???
Probably the only character I love playing but don't have all to high leveled yet is my Primed Parasoul. Something about the mix of her SA's is just so much fun! I also love wrecking the battlefield with Buzzkill♡
Primed is official. My highest leveled one is around 35 and she almost eclipses my gold level 40ish fighters.

Kinda nooby but I've never paid attention to signature abilites until recently. Probably that's why I prefer characters with their default colour palettes.

Evolving bronzies to gold is such a pain in the neck though.

Reactions: Painbae and Zuzuska
Wait im the only one who mains big band unironically?

Love big band, and big band is meta
yes