• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Maybe un censor the game? please? dont' be anti consumer and anti art. i've filed reports with the FTC and the AG

PedoffConsumer

Reaction score
I protested.

i feel like offing myself with how bad the censorship is. i've got the marks to prove it.

Regarding the censorship of games like Skullgirls and others,

I want to express my frustration with the negative impact censorship has had on me for many years. The decades of censorship have worn me down, especially when sensitivity is used as a false pretext for censoring LGBT books and films like Gone with the Wind. It's disheartening to be labeled as a creep or a fascist simply for voicing my concerns.

There are individuals out there, driven by political motives, who try to impose their sensibilities on others by demanding changes to things they find offensive. This pattern is observed among both progressives and conservatives, with one major figure, whom I won't name, being widely discussed despite her abusive behavior and dubious claims of being a video game enthusiast. She even had the opportunity to speak at the UN about online harassment, despite engaging in similar behavior towards others like Liana Kresner.

For some inexplicable reason, someone within these studios (which aren't even the original creators) decided that the game must be changed under the pretense of harm, inconvenience, or misguided sensibilities. However, it doesn't make sense because these changes are only happening now. There are a few possibilities:

1. They genuinely didn't know what they were doing was "wrong" and allowed it to persist without checking, finally deciding to make changes.
2. They knew it was wrong but continued making the objectionable content until now, disregarding the fact that people purchased and enjoyed the game in its original form.
3. There's another motive that doesn't make any sense, except perhaps to anger your customers and chase more profit on a product you didn't even create.

Somewhere, somehow, someone felt shame in enjoying this video game. They believed that the character designs were too revealing or that certain themes were too controversial. They played the role of self-righteous gatekeepers on behalf of others and demanded changes. They believed that playing the game would corrupt individuals, as if a parody of a totalitarian regime or a character receiving comeuppance is equivalent to supporting those real-life atrocities.

I don't understand the audience you're trying to reach now, but it seems you don't hold them in high regard. Let's take Fillia's intro and removal as an example. Those who argue that it's just the removal of a certain depiction seem to have a history of assaulting people themselves, including Peter Bright, the former head of Ars Technica who was caught soliciting minors. It's worth noting that Lab Zero, the original developers of Skullgirls, had an employee who was allegedly engaged in misconduct.

It's perplexing that you removed harmless fictional depictions of certain elements while engaging in those very elements in real life. EVO and their "core values" stopped a stream featuring two women when they referenced their own breasts, yet they have no problem showcasing explicit violence in games like Mortal Kombat. But apparently, skimpy outfits are a no-go because sponsors won't provide funding. However, I recall Skullgirls being uncensored during its previous appearances at EVO, so that can't be the reason.

Regardless, you're selling a product that has undergone significant changes, and customers aren't receiving what they were promised. While you listed the changes, the reasons behind them seem unclear, except for internalized shame or external pressures from storefronts that were previously fine with the content. We've witnessed game restrictions in countries like Australia and China, as well as book bans on LGBT literature. Now, this dangerous form of censorship, which has been ongoing for decades, is affecting American companies and consumers.

Even if it's legally allowed, it's morally wrong and reflects a significant failure. The game, in its original form, was never obscene and never endorsed real-life hate groups. It satirized and mocked them. The game and

its fiction never caused harm or advocated for harm.

I stand against this censorship because decades of censoring books and games is too much. This type of censorship may be "new" in the sense that it has gained traction in the past decade due to individuals with the initials A.S. or C.V. making dubious claims about media. However, it's no different from the removal of demons and satanic imagery driven by right-wing influences, or the covering up of women.

Simply put, fiction does not cause real-world harm, and sponsors and storefronts should understand this. They certainly allow for "worse" content on their platforms. The question of taste cannot be disputed because, from my perspective, it seems dishonest or driven by greed.

I'm uncertain how this will impact your sales, but we have already seen people attacking others in self-righteousness when they call out censorship. With all this evidence, it's hard to believe that you're not censoring the game. The pretexts provided are suspicious at best and unbelievable at worst.

Some people may not care, seeing it as just a game. If that's the case, then why make these changes? Why not direct your anger towards those who want to use excuses to "correct" art and label anyone who opposes them as sexist, xenophobic, transphobic, homophobic, or racist bigots?

Why do all of you actively look for problems where there are none? Whatever the excuse, it's simply not good enough.

I protested.

i feel like offing myself with how bad the censorship is. i've got the marks to prove it.

Regarding the censorship of games like Skullgirls and others,

I want to express my frustration with the negative impact censorship has had on me for many years. The decades of censorship have worn me down, especially when sensitivity is used as a false pretext for censoring LGBT books and films like Gone with the Wind. It's disheartening to be labeled as a creep or a fascist simply for voicing my concerns.

There are individuals out there, driven by political motives, who try to impose their sensibilities on others by demanding changes to things they find offensive. This pattern is observed among both progressives and conservatives, with one major figure, whom I won't name, being widely discussed despite her abusive behavior and dubious claims of being a video game enthusiast. She even had the opportunity to speak at the UN about online harassment, despite engaging in similar behavior towards others like Liana Kresner.

For some inexplicable reason, someone within these studios (which aren't even the original creators) decided that the game must be changed under the pretense of harm, inconvenience, or misguided sensibilities. However, it doesn't make sense because these changes are only happening now. There are a few possibilities:

1. They genuinely didn't know what they were doing was "wrong" and allowed it to persist without checking, finally deciding to make changes.
2. They knew it was wrong but continued making the objectionable content until now, disregarding the fact that people purchased and enjoyed the game in its original form.
3. There's another motive that doesn't make any sense, except perhaps to anger your customers and chase more profit on a product you didn't even create.

Somewhere, somehow, someone felt shame in enjoying this video game. They believed that the character designs were too revealing or that certain themes were too controversial. They played the role of self-righteous gatekeepers on behalf of others and demanded changes. They believed that playing the game would corrupt individuals, as if a parody of a totalitarian regime or a character receiving comeuppance is equivalent to supporting those real-life atrocities.

I don't understand the audience you're trying to reach now, but it seems you don't hold them in high regard. Let's take Fillia's intro and removal as an example. Those who argue that it's just the removal of a certain depiction seem to have a history of assaulting people themselves, including Peter Bright, the former head of Ars Technica who was caught soliciting minors. It's worth noting that Lab Zero, the original developers of Skullgirls, had an employee who was allegedly engaged in misconduct.

It's perplexing that you removed harmless fictional depictions of certain elements while engaging in those very elements in real life. EVO and their "core values" stopped a stream featuring two women when they referenced their own breasts, yet they have no problem showcasing explicit violence in games like Mortal Kombat. But apparently, skimpy outfits are a no-go because sponsors won't provide funding. However, I recall Skullgirls being uncensored during its previous appearances at EVO, so that can't be the reason.

Regardless, you're selling a product that has undergone significant changes, and customers aren't receiving what they were promised. While you listed the changes, the reasons behind them seem unclear, except for internalized shame or external pressures from storefronts that were previously fine with the content. We've witnessed game restrictions in countries like Australia and China, as well as book bans on LGBT literature. Now, this dangerous form of censorship, which has been ongoing for decades, is affecting American companies and consumers.

Even if it's legally allowed, it's morally wrong and reflects a significant failure. The game, in its original form, was never obscene and never endorsed real-life hate groups. It satirized and mocked them. The game and

its fiction never caused harm or advocated for harm.

I stand against this censorship because decades of censoring books and games is too much. This type of censorship may be "new" in the sense that it has gained traction in the past decade due to individuals with the initials A.S. or C.V. making dubious claims about media. However, it's no different from the removal of demons and satanic imagery driven by right-wing influences, or the covering up of women.

Simply put, fiction does not cause real-world harm, and sponsors and storefronts should understand this. They certainly allow for "worse" content on their platforms. The question of taste cannot be disputed because, from my perspective, it seems dishonest or driven by greed.

I'm uncertain how this will impact your sales, but we have already seen people attacking others in self-righteousness when they call out censorship. With all this evidence, it's hard to believe that you're not censoring the game. The pretexts provided are suspicious at best and unbelievable at worst.

Some people may not care, seeing it as just a game. If that's the case, then why make these changes? Why not direct your anger towards those who want to use excuses to "correct" art and label anyone who opposes them as sexist, xenophobic, transphobic, homophobic, or racist bigots?

Why do all of you actively look for problems where there are none? Whatever the excuse, it's simply not good enough.
twitter is abuzz of rational people opposing the censorship and then those in support are just calling everyone else horrible things.

just what are you doing over there? i called.

Now this one is a doozy. the game was orignally made by Lab Zero, that studio is now defunkt. the game is now run by Autmn Games, Hidden Varriable Studios and Future pop. none of the original devs are on the game.

for the better part of a decade, not even youtube, nor the apple store, nor any other app store had a problem with it... until an announcment made on the 26th of june of 2023. about nine years after the game is released and after many many many people enjoyed it.

so I cannot believe or anyone of a reasonable mind think that this censorship is in good faith. i strongly suspect Apple's policies and the seeking of more money to be a factor in all of this.

now, many many many people are very upset at the rediculous censorship and they're all being ignored. Even feed back is being purged from their forums. the changes are said as such. and one of them is in your wheel house.

ALLUSIONS TO REAL-WORLD HATE GROUPS
While the Renoir family and the Black Egrets were always intended to evoke imagery from an oppressive militant regime, we felt that the way that manifested (most notably via red armbands, flags, and symbolism) was too close for comfort - especially given the unfortunate reality that some of these hate groups are still active in various respects to this day.

As such, you will notice that Egret soldiers no longer feature armbands and that the heraldry of the Black Egrets organization has also been adjusted. This is a holistic pass that applies to in-game frames, concept art, story mode art, and more.

CHARACTER SEXUALIZATION & AGENCY
While Skullgirls is no stranger to characters that confidently express their sexuality, there are instances in the game where characters are fetishized and/or have sexualization imposed upon them. This includes a few depictions of unwanted predatory behavior, particularly towards younger characters.

While alluding to some of this can be narratively meaningful, we have made a number of small adjustments throughout the game to ensure that this content is less exploitative (e.g. the opening of Filia's Story Mode).

RACIAL SENSITIVITY
While there are numerous playful references to pulpy themes that we feel respectfully allude to certain stereotypes (e.g. the Saxploitation VO pack), we have made adjustments to some content that we believed to be in poor taste (e.g. references to racial violence in Big Band’s Story Mode).

the most awful bit is this as said by Mark Kern, the Head of the original of World of Warcraft :"Skullgirls fired their original devs, then promptly started deleting content from the art book you paid for.
An ART BOOK.
All your digital media will be censored and taken away from you at a whim.
This is profoundly anti-consumer and should be fought at ever turn. A digital copy is not enough. Get physical [versions of the game]."

i've sent my letters to the now owners of the game... who seem to have profited from it JUST fine until now before the changes, no response. i've reported this to the ftc and my AG, the fire and the like. this is thefire case 111584005,
FTC Report Number
and Report number: 160061743

someone or something is imposing a censorial whim on to the game and the consumers are all very upset at the censorship. and now they're being outright ignored.

the problems and the reasons for the censorship were not heeded at the time of making the game despite being relevant when the game was made.
all of it stinks