• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Multiplayer stuck on “Found potential opponent…”

mocha

Reaction score
Hey!
First, thanks for the great game! Especially the mobile competitive has a surprisingly in depth meta.

I’ve been playing Skullgirls mobile for a few years now, including mobile competitive. But a few months ago, I stopped being able to connect to other devices for competitive multiplayer (pvp). The screen says “Waiting for opponent”, then “Found potential opponent” like it should. But then it gets stuck there. I’ve tried this many times, the game doesn’t begin the match, and we wait until my opponent leaves. This issue started shortly before Black Dahlia came out (but not in that exact update, it definitely started before her update). Maybe when Daily Events tickets were introduced? I forget if that was before or after Black Dahlia.

Nothing has changed on my phone to cause this, same phone and settings. I am using an iPhone 12 mini. I *did* use a VPN, however I also used this exact VPN with no problem before this bug. Disabling the VPN entirely does not resolve the issue. I am on iOS 16.0.2.

There are no other connectivity issues in the game for me. Community chat works fine, gifts, events, etc. All as they should. And I can see that I’m connected to an opponent, the match just won’t start, and I can see when they leave when “Found potential opponent” goes back to “Waiting for opponent”.

I’ve checked my network settings, should all be good. I’ve tried disabling the VPN, different Wi-Fi, and even mobile connection to no avail. I’ve tried changing all of the pvp settings in the app, none make a difference.

Please let me know if anyone knows what’s wrong. And feel free to ask for more details. Thanks!

I've also experienced this issue and it's something we'll be looking into soon. Seems sporadic at least for me, I just checked the other day if I was still having this happen and suddenly I wasn't having any issues.

If you have the time, will you just let it run for a few minutes and see if it ever connects?

Another thing to try is going into the security settings of the iPhone and look for 'local network' and check if that option is turned on or off for Skullgirls. Technically that should be checked for Versus mode to work, but try unchecking it

Disabling "Local Network" in my iOS settings for the Skullgirls app fixed it! Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Bones