• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

New Artifact Ideas

Electrickery

Reaction score
Hey all, I got bored and decided to theory-craft some new artifacts because there's not too many of them and the artifacts either don't feel impactful or are pretty simple in terms of effects. I tried making some artifacts that would synergize well with specific artifacts/variants and play styles. Some of the artifacts in the base game can sometimes feel like they're in the wrong tier in terms of impactfulness, but I tried making sure that the power of each artifact corresponded to their rarity.

BRONZE ARTIFACTS

Your Fighters gain 25% BLOCKBUSTER METER after going 10 seconds without HITTING the opponent.

If you can't find an opening to attack the opponent, this artifact gives you a slight boost to your meter, primarily to give you access to any BB3s or Blockbusters that grab the opponent. One thing to note is that this wouldn't count blocked hits so you can still apply some pressure. Would work well on Annie, Cerebella, Beowulf, and Umbrella, and against the notorious Squigly AI.
Your first death deals damage equal to 25% of the opponent’s MAX HEALTH and inflicts permanent ARMOR BREAK.

Very similar to Immoral Fiber's SA1 but doesn't rely on any stat investment to be effective. If you make a mistake and lose a fighter, then you can still keep momentum going on your next fighter as the enemy loses health + takes extra damage, or just dies. Works fine on all, best on Squigly, Xenomorph, Immoral Fiber, and teammate Elizas.
Your Fighters deal 15% BONUS DAMAGE to opponents above 75% of their MAX HEALTH.

Simple damage increase against enemies that have high health, best for fighters who need the opponent to be under a certain health% for their SAs, such as Space Case, Buzzkill, and Windstalker.
Your Fighters deal 10% BONUS DAMAGE to opponents below 25% of their MAX HEALTH.

Similar to the one above, this one is generally more useful as it helps you secure kills on opponents. Works well with everyone.
Your Fighters gain 3% SPECIAL COOLDOWN when using a SPECIAL MOVE (cannot exceed 50%).

Very similar to the artifacts that increase your Accuracy (Ace of Spades) and your Defense & Resistance (Iron Curtain). However, instead of being a simple stat increase, you need to be using special moves often enough for the effect to stack up to 50%. Stacking this with Harlequin, or freeing a slot on your team (assuming you would have used Harlequin) is a highlight strategy. Any variants that work well with Harle works well with this.
Your Fighters gain ELEMENT PENALTY equal to 50% of their PIERCING.

Another stat increase artifact, but is reliant on your individual Fighters' piercing stat. Each Fighter only needs 40% piercing to be able to entirely negate the element penalty. Highly matchup depedent, useless with Dark/Light fighters but could be useful for a variant like Mean One to fight against Armor-stacking Water variants.
Your Fighters recover 5% HEALTH every 5 seconds while on their side of the stage.

A tricky way to regain health as you are usually on the opponent's side of the stage comboing them. Some characters don't mind sitting on their side of the stage, such as Robo-Fortune or Peacock, who can spam projectiles to keep their damage up. Also works well with fighters who already rely on being on specific parts of the stage, like Tres Chic or Rain Shadow(!)

SILVER ARTIFACTS

All healing is 25% more powerful.

Self explanatory, would make 4 seconds of REGEN give you 5% health instead of 4%. Makes REGEN variants even safer to use and works well with certain artifacts like Comfort Zone.
Your Fighters take 35% less reflected damage.

Also self-explanatory, very good against the last area of No Mercy with all the Thorns modifiers. Otherwise, only useful for Thorns and reflect damage variants.
Standard attacks reduce the cooldowns of SPECIAL MOVES by 0.5 seconds.

Similar to Specialty Dish, works especially well with multihit characters like Annie or Filia who likes to use special moves in the first place. Not as great for low hit count characters. Combining this with Specialty Dish would pretty much gives you zero cooldowns on your special moves.
Your Fighters have a 5% chance on HIT, increased by 10% for every dead body, to inflict QUIETUS for 10 seconds.

An artifact that is meant to help snowball and waste less time on resurrects and Final Stand timers. Although it's weak if there are no defeated enemies, it can be useful against revive variants and, if you're lucky, completely stopping Kill Joy or Death Wish's SAs team revives.
Your Fighters also gain ENRAGE for 10 seconds when gaining ARMOR.

Makes certain defensive variants viable on offense, and creates some unique interactions with certain variants. Some variants, like Resonant Evil, will still not benefit from gaining ENRAGE since their attack is too low and they need to be hit to gain ARMOR, but others, like Armed Forces, gains Armor in offensively orientated ways. Some variants that I think would be interesting with this artifact are Vector Protector, Heavy Metal (w/ taunt), Model Leader (as support), Armed Forces, and Idol Threat.
Taunts grant 2 extra random buffs for 10 seconds.

Characters that have good taunts like Squigly or Parasoul benefit the most from this, but since it's random it could either be very useful or not impactful. Altar Ego is the only variant that uses taunts for their SA, so it also works here.
Your Fighters deal 15% BONUS DAMAGE while facing an opponent with the same ELEMENT or CHARACTER TYPE.

Situational damage increase, and it would give 30% bonus damage if the opponent is the same element and character. Can't really think of any specific good usages outside of Splitting Image or Rough Copy, overall this is luck depedent on how useful it'll be.
Your Fighters gain 1% HEALTH and BLOCKBUSTER METER per second while in the air.

Another self-explanatory one, this triggers while you're doing your air combo or if you're off the ground for a special move or Blockbuster, like Eliza's Khepri Sun. Best used with Painwheel as you can choose whenever you want to be in the air with her CA, but works well with most characters as they all have Blockbusters where they're off the ground.
One random fighter on the enemy team starts the match with permanent CURSE.

Another luck dependent artifact that could be immensely powerful, as it ignores the halved lengths of debuffs in higher difficulties. Assuming you lose a fight with only one enemy remaining, they would be guaranteed to have Curse.

Gold Artifacts

Whenever your Fighters inflict a DEBUFF, heal 2% of their MAX HEALTH.

A very strong healing artifact (might be better than Fishbone Cleaver?), variants who like to spam debuffs will have a field day. However, you have to watch out for any immunity sources, as you won't be able to heal anymore. Popular debuff variants, like Mean One, Love Crafted, Wild Card, Final Fang, and Doubles with CHAOS regain a ton of health over the course of the match.
Your Fighters’ BASE ATTACK is increased by 3% of their MAX HEALTH.

Suddenly, your Big Bands do (a little more) damage. The attack increase would be based on their total HP, including any gained through move stats. For example, my Model Leader with 109% bonus health would have 163,482 total health, increasing her 10,004 attack by 4904. Characters that just have huge stats like Cerebella, Black Dahlia, Eliza, Beowulf, and Big Band benefit the most.
Healing you do causes you to deal 100% of that value in damage.

This is not based on health%, but instead on the actual values of health regained, so healing 10% of your health as a 100,000 health character would deal 10,000 damage. Incredibly good for high health characters who can heal, like Mummy Dearest, Blitz & Glamour, Bloodbath, and Fur Monger.
Convert 35% of your CRIT RATE and DAMAGE into BASE ATTACK.

Similar to Heavy Hitter, but removes your ability to do critical hits, which is immensely useful for fighting against Painwheels and Black Dahlias. For example, a Parasoul with 50% critical rate and 80% critical damage would gain 45.5% attack. Although this may be beneficial for some variants, it could be actively detrimental to others, such as Freaky Friday or Sheltered.
Your Fighters’ grounded standard attacks have a 7% chance on HIT to gain 7 random BUFFS for 7 seconds.

(You can't trigger this more than once if you're already benefitting from the buffs.) This one might be the most broken of these artifacts, but it sounds silly and fun so I decided to put it on here anyways. It only works for your standard ground combo so it may not be completely crazy, but some fighters like Squigly and Robo-Fortune would still have plenty of chances to roll. Evergreen and Shadow Puppet would be the dream team with this artifact.
50% chance to ignore IMMUNITY when inflicting a non-permanent DEBUFF.

This artifact is meant to enable debuffers past immunity variants and continue to be able to spam debuffs. Keeps Guilty Pleasure viable in every situation as well.
Your Fighters deal 25% less damage but 50% of the damage dealt is also suffered by the opponent’s teammates.

Sacrificing some of your direct damage for being able to damage enemies in the bench means that the first opponent will take the longest, then each subsequent fighter will be easier to to take down than the last. Tagging out the opponent so that you can fight the one with the weakest defensive SA would be recommended.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: UmComfy39
These are really well thought out, I'd love to see a few of these as official artifacts honestly!

SELF DESTRUCT - could potentially turn last ditch fodder attempts into a runs saving grace
WARM-UP ROUTINE and EXECUTIONER - I feel it'd be nice to have something like this, as aside from the elemental artifacts we don't have many bronze artifacts that directly boost damage output
COMFORT ZONE - a fair healing effect for the tier, while i imagine it wouldn't be all too reliable, being able to get something like this easily and potentially early on I imagine could help in the long run.
PADDED GLOVES - would be very appreciated to help make painwheel and other reflect variants less of a scare.
IMMOVABLE FORCE - now this looks interesting, I can imagine this could help make a few overlooked ARMOR variants more viable (from the top of my head, maybe Understudy or Vector Protector?)
PERSON OF INTEREST - I need this I would have the biggest giggle if this ever manages to roll favourably (I can imagine it would quite frequently considering the large amount BUFF heavy defenders around).
GUILTY PLEASURE - simple, yet adds a great advantage to DEBUFF heavy variants
HEAVY HITTER - this is another interesting one, not only could this be potent for Big Band and Cerebella variants, but I can imagine it could help the likes of Squiggly or Marie make up for their generally low attack stats.
CHAIN LIGHTNING - being able to widdle down opponents while they're in the bench sounds like it could be a game changer, I can see this coming in handy when dealing with some variants (I.E Immoral Fiber, TAF, Model Leader).

also heads up, I can't read the end of some of these from my device, could you maybe place the artifact descriptions in the spoiler box or somewhere else?
Screenshot_20231205-023946_Firefox.jpg

These are really well thought out, I'd love to see a few of these as official artifacts honestly!

SELF DESTRUCT - could potentially turn last ditch fodder attempts into a runs saving grace
WARM-UP ROUTINE and EXECUTIONER - I feel it'd be nice to have something like this, as aside from the elemental artifacts we don't have many bronze artifacts that directly boost damage output
COMFORT ZONE - a fair healing effect for the tier, while i imagine it wouldn't be all too reliable, being able to get something like this easily and potentially early on I imagine could help in the long run.
PADDED GLOVES - would be very appreciated to help make painwheel and other reflect variants less of a scare.
IMMOVABLE FORCE - now this looks interesting, I can imagine this could help make a few overlooked ARMOR variants more viable (from the top of my head, maybe Understudy or Vector Protector?)
PERSON OF INTEREST - I need this I would have the biggest giggle if this ever manages to roll favourably (I can imagine it would quite frequently considering the large amount BUFF heavy defenders around).
GUILTY PLEASURE - simple, yet adds a great advantage to DEBUFF heavy variants
HEAVY HITTER - this is another interesting one, not only could this be potent for Big Band and Cerebella variants, but I can imagine it could help the likes of Squiggly or Marie make up for their generally low attack stats.
CHAIN LIGHTNING - being able to widdle down opponents while they're in the bench sounds like it could be a game changer, I can see this coming in handy when dealing with some variants (I.E Immoral Fiber, TAF, Model Leader).

also heads up, I can't read the end of some of these from my device, could you maybe place the artifact descriptions in the spoiler box or somewhere else?
View attachment 21381
Oh! I didn't realize it would get cut off at the end there, I have moved the descriptions into the spoiler box like you suggested. 👍

Reactions: UmComfy39