• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Newbie questions

PHPP

Reaction score
Hello guys, I've been playing the game since ~3 days ago and I'm not sure about what to focus on first when leveling up. Anyway, here are my questions:
1- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SPEND CRYSTALS?

2- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SPEND COINS? More specifically if it is worth it to use them in bronze or silver characters

3- WHAT CHARACTERS DO YOU RECOMMEND? I saw some posts saying cold stones and the bronze rank cerebella with light nature are nice and worth to make them gold rank, but I wanted to know good options for the other characters as well, specially Filia. And while talking about specific fighters, are red velvet, bad ms frosty and temple tyrant good? As for the bronze rank, are bad hair day, twisted mettle, icy hot, heavy reign, rerun and In Denile good options?

4- IS INVESTING IN BRONZE CHARACTERS BETTER THAN IN SILVER OR GOLD ONES? I mean, they are a lot cheaper and you could upgrade their skill tree way quicker and for a cheaper price since they're originally bronze, whereas if you're upgrading a gold or silver one they'll be more expensive even though the only difference between them is, correct me if I'm wrong, their passive skill.

You should work on the story mode first and do the easy parts for each one and work on your tree to build up your charater

1. Save them up to 1k and then buy 10 Premiere Relics.
2. Level up gold\silver moves with good stats and upgrade your most valuable fighters skill trees.
3. Bad Ms Frosty - definitely yes, Temple Tyrant and Red Velvet much less likely. Bad Hair Day is good enough as high dps character (I personally use her), Twisted Mettle good for Medici Shakedown PF, other just common bronze characters.
For bronze i'll recommend: both of Cerebella's (understudy as dmg boost support), Cold Stones Beowulf, Bad Hair Day Filia, Rusty Painwheel, Beat Box Big Band, Sheltered Parasoul (as dmg boost support), Sundae School Double (as support character).
4. No, it is not better. Gold characters are way more powerful then bronze\silver evolved to gold, plus they have more FS, which means more points in PF.

Hello guys, I've been playing the game since ~3 days ago and I'm not sure about what to focus on first when leveling up. Anyway, here are my questions:
1- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SPEND CRYSTALS?

2- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SPEND COINS? More specifically if it is worth it to use them in bronze or silver characters

3- WHAT CHARACTERS DO YOU RECOMMEND? I saw some posts saying cold stones and the bronze rank cerebella with light nature are nice and worth to make them gold rank, but I wanted to know good options for the other characters as well, specially Filia. And while talking about specific fighters, are red velvet, bad ms frosty and temple tyrant good? As for the bronze rank, are bad hair day, twisted mettle, icy hot, heavy reign, rerun and In Denile good options?

4- IS INVESTING IN BRONZE CHARACTERS BETTER THAN IN SILVER OR GOLD ONES? I mean, they are a lot cheaper and you could upgrade their skill tree way quicker and for a cheaper price since they're originally bronze, whereas if you're upgrading a gold or silver one they'll be more expensive even though the only difference between them is, correct me if I'm wrong, their passive skill.
You'll need some specific characters to get through story mode, so if you're stuck on those nodes that require x character it doesn't hurt to invest in some character relics.
Premium relics have a better bang for your buck if you're just aiming for gold fighters so that's where I'd spend my theonite as a beginner.

You'll need coins for levelling moves and powering up characters. Use them for whichever fighter you're using, its always worthwhile to go for the extra combo nodes and bronzes and silvers don't take too much gold anyways so its not too big of a loss if you invest a bit in a mediocre fighter. Whats important is that you're strong enough to chug through story mode.

What Gerhop said above rings true for your characters pretty much. Check Moist's tier list for a general guideline of who's better than who. Gold fighters will have much better stats so give some time to Red Velvet even if shes mediocre, the sheer difference in stats will help.

Unfortunately bronzes and silvers only fill niche spots at the moment. Their base stats are generally too low to make them worth fully investing, even when you upgrade them to a gold. However, if you really like a palate, there's no harm in upgrading them, move stats end up mattering a lot more in the endgame.

1- Save up and buy relics in groups of 10 for the bonus relic and bonus chance at a good character. The best way to spend crystals is on premier relics, unless there's a specific character you want/need. I'm working on a couple gold Elizas right now, so I've bought her relics a couple times to get bronzes to level up to get more points for her character to put towards upgrading the gold ones.

2- Coins can go all over the place, you'll never have enough, so just spend them on whatever character you feel the need to work on right then. Probably don't spend it on upgrading a move past level 3 or so unless it's a gold and you really like the stats it gives.

2.5- You didn't ask, but Keys to unlock more nodes for a character are probably the most valuable thing in the game, since you can only likely get 5 gold keys a week after you finish story mode. So, like, maybe don't spend all your gold keys on characters you hate. It's worthwhile to spend them on the first Gold character you get usually, since that really starts the engine of getting more gold characters and keys in Prize Fights. After that though, just because you have a gold character does not at all make them worthwhile to invest your time and resources to improve them.

3- There's too many characters that I like in this game to list, and it's also something of a personal choice. Moist, who has the most detailed character list clearly really loves Big Band. I... am not such a fan. I'm an Eliza kinda ghoul. I enjoy every Eliza. Filia is also good, Bad Ms. Frosty in particular, and Parasite Weave is even better.

I found Cerebella, particularly Understudy, to be a really nice starting out character, because she's a little slower, but not in a way that actually makes you lose. Also her Diamond Drop does a ton of damage and can't be blocked, which is also nice when you're still working on the timing for blocking and retaliation.

If I had to go back in time, I might also have worked on my Heavy Reign earlier. She's pretty capable as both a bronze and a silver at taking out people with way higher stats than she has, because she can pull out so many blockbusters so quickly, particularly her unblockable one. Beatbox is similar, but just doesn't work as well in my opinion.

4- I think I probably benefited from upgrading a couple of my bronzes to silvers early on, because they were easier to upgrade with the rewards I had access to, and so helped me clear through things I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. I can't say the same thing about the one character I've upgraded from silver to gold though. It's just way more work to do, and the power differential is just too large between natural gold and upgraded silver. Also, in my opinion, there's a lot of bronzes with great abilities, and a lot of golds with great abilities, but the silver tier does not have as many stars there.

Another thing guys, if I evolve a bronze character will the keys type change or will it stay the same (bronze keys) like the upgrade prices?

They'll stay all the same. "Fighter Skill Tree costs never changes - so don't hold back yourself!" (c) game loading tip.

Thanks for the help!

It's probably one of the best uses for evolving fighters: Their max power is lower, but you can get them to that max for less than half the cost in points and coins!