• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 2.4 Update Notes (LIVE!)

How I feel about update 2.4:
I always appreciate more ways to play, so the master events and new PFs sound like a fine addition. However, one of the things I've really enjoyed about SGM is how different it felt from other mobile games. Not too many currencies, energy recharge is relatively fast, etc. I can't help but notice that update 2.4 is bringing in additional currencies and along with it. I liked how Shard To Get was presented in percentages instead of the customary "shards" that is so prevalent with popular mobile games these days. But now we're getting a bunch of Elemental Shard currencies that combine to another currency that is spent to upgrade fighters to Diamond. It just feels like SGM is becoming more like other mobile games, and that kind of disappoints me because I enjoy it because of how different it is from other mobile games. But maybe that's just me.

I am excited again for the planned end-game content on the way. Here's hoping for a Marie boss battle.
As a response to the shards thing, I think its a good opportunity to reward/compensate players in a better way. Instead of getting Premium Relics or theonite for any sort of extended maintenance that may have resulted in a lost Gold from PFs, you could get x amount of gold shards. Its a pretty specific example but I'm just trying to highlight the benefits of switching from % to physical shards.

I do agree with you to a degree about the extra currency thing though, although I wouldn't call the elemental shards currency, they're more akin to materials from other games. Skullgirls Mobile was a really simple game to get into, the UI was easy to navigate and everything was well explained. As features increase the game may turn away new players due to being too complex. I don't think this new feature will contribute too much as its strictly late game, but its an issue to keep an eye out for.

As a response to the shards thing, I think its a good opportunity to reward/compensate players in a better way. Instead of getting Premium Relics or theonite for any sort of extended maintenance that may have resulted in a lost Gold from PFs, you could get x amount of gold shards. Its a pretty specific example but I'm just trying to highlight the benefits of switching from % to physical shards.

I do agree with you to a degree about the extra currency thing though, although I wouldn't call the elemental shards currency, they're more akin to materials from other games. Skullgirls Mobile was a really simple game to get into, the UI was easy to navigate and everything was well explained. As features increase the game may turn away new players due to being too complex. I don't think this new feature will contribute too much as its strictly late game, but its an issue to keep an eye out for.
Currency, materials, it's all the same thing to me. All part of the psychological tools mobile games use to keep players invested. I understand why mobile games use these tools but it's not something I like seeing, and as I said Skullgirls was nice because it was light on the "mobile games tactics".
As for the benefit you specifically mentioned, it's all about how the UI presents the info. For all we know, the current Shard To Get relic fills up based on "shards", but the UI presents it in percentage format, which I like. I'm not too concerned with the compensation thing; I feel SGM has been good about compensating when problems arise. Ideally, there would never be a problem to compensate players for in the first place, but the world isn't perfect. I think Theonite is a perfectly fine compensation package.

One more issue to complete my personal challenge, btw this gone be a EPIC UPDATE

Reactions: JazzWasHere
Have you given any thoughts on having higher level caps? Also, are there new ways to get more bronze keys?

Reactions: jeremyhall2727
Omg omg you nail it. I see only greatness in this update

This is an awesome update. More exp & all new battle animations. Go to love it; you need to fine time to play more. I bought a extra battery just to play this game.

Have you given any thoughts on having higher level caps? Also, are there new ways to get more bronze keys?
I need a lot of these too

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Luxerion
Holy ****!! that's a lot of new content now in waiting for this update this is gonna make me play again but need more main story

Here’s another generic new update! Awesome I can’t wait! comment from long time fan who got nothing else to say.

This update is gonna be tight, i can't Wait,
I gotta start opening big band relics so i can get diamond epic sax!

Looking forward to the update. Not sure if it is pointed out yet but you got the silver key icon shown twice in the "Stash" section. Not sure if one of those is suppose to be gold keys or not.

Reactions: Al Qedic
Also, will we be able to use Diamond Fighters in the Gold Prize Fights? Or will they have their own exclusive Diamond Prize Fight category?

And i thought i reached late game.

I wasnt, i was FAAAAR from it

Following on what some people said I'm out. I loved this game and still think the gameplay is amazing. The latest updates have all seemed to center on higher monetization and endless grinding. 5 gold's? Plus 3 things you have to grind for, for a diamond character? Nope. Done. Another case of poor management ruining amazing game play. Just my opinion. Great forum and fan base, I'll check in from time to time to see if anything changes. Though at that point reinstalling the game might remove all my characters :)

I'm kinda hard to keep up with this update, i'm still had a hard time for collecting GF and evolving SF, and hoping in the next update getting a SF for gold shard will be easier to earn GF, cant wait.

I get that diamond fighters is something u got only from evolving gold fighter, maybe its too early to ask this but i wonder in the nextnext update is possible to get DF exclusively? Like a new skin diamond only? Or maybe there is diamond shard?

Also skullmama is hot.

Following on what some people said I'm out. I loved this game and still think the gameplay is amazing. The latest updates have all seemed to center on higher monetization and endless grinding. 5 gold's? Plus 3 things you have to grind for, for a diamond character? Nope. Done. Another case of poor management ruining amazing game play. Just my opinion. Great forum and fan base, I'll check in from time to time to see if anything changes. Though at that point reinstalling the game might remove all my characters :)

Only if you define poor managent as 'putting time and effort into creating material for end game players'. I honestly fail to see how this update will have negative impact on early to mid game players (like me).

Does it mean we can't get Rainbow Blight from any elemental relic?

Does it mean we can't get Rainbow Blight from any elemental relic?
Maybe she can drop from fire, water and air element relics. Those are the essences you need to evolve her.

My question is, is aquiring gold characters giving us any kind of rewards? for bronze you get silver shards and for silver you get gold shards. What do you get for a gold(outside of just getting a gold)

If there isn't really set anything in place right now, they could give shards of their respective element. It doesn't have to be as much as the lower tier fighters but it could be something to consider.

I think you should at least decrease the amount of fighters required to evolve lower tier fighters now. It's hard to obtain 5 golds, tho.

Reactions: jeremyhall2727