1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL: Skullgirls Mobile Community Tier List!

Discussion in 'Official News & Announcements' started by Liam, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Beldr447

Beldr447 Active Member

Unless you pair her with surgeon general, then she can heal enough hp to keep the final stand all match

#21 Beldr447, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  2. Psyche

Psyche Not An Actual Corgi

Now, what I’m about to say is speculative so don’t quote me, but to anyone wondering "how in the heck is [one variant of one character] in the same tier as [a variant of a different character]?" I believe the answer is that the tiers were done on a per-character basis. The way I see it, it’s as though the tiers were decided relative to other variants of the same character, rather than absolutely everything being considered at once. Some characters don’t have SS tier fighters in one category or another, but this might be because they were generally seen to be less-than-outstanding in that role.
    I'm not against some kind of modifications being made to these variants at some point in the future, but I don't think that them being 'bad' is the entire reason for their tier placements. On the contrary, I believe it's more to do with the fact that most of them are support variants that are kind of awful at holding their own in a high streak situation but go a long way in making an ally more powerful, while the tier list seems to primarily focus on individual prowess. For example, Sheltered really has close to nothing going for her when she's up front, but if she's on the bench supporting No Egrets, Bad Ms Frosty, Parasite Weave, or any Double with MA, she can almost be considered the MVP. Now this obviously doesn't apply for all five but I hope it's a suitable hypothesis for why those variants ended up placed where they are.

3. fanghoul

fanghoul Active Member

I'm afraid I'd have to agree with this. It's possible she starts being more powerful when maxed out and at really high streaks, but everything I've seen so far would place her as like a B if not a C on defense, since it's entirely possible to almost completely negate her SA by just hitting her a bunch, then letting her tag out.

4. Scorialimit

Scorialimit Member

I know you're just making a point about how not amazing in practice she is, but B and C tier defense are reserved for characters that don't even have the stats or SA to be a threat (Either large deficiency in Attack or HP with SAs that either hinder or don't help at all).

Looking at S tier, it's all fighters you can play around quite easily. Just launch Grim Fan as her SA activates, use Grabs and BBs on UT, don't use too many BBs and don't use bleed on Bloodbath. However, playing around all of these incorrectly can cost your streak. Meow and Furrever fits this description: you can play around her easily, but not doing so carries a heavy risk / punishment. She'll likely see S tier on Defense, A tier at worst (head taking unblockable full damage can be a liability imo making her HP easy to reduce)

Wumbo_Wings likes this.
  5. fanghoul

fanghoul Active Member

I'd still stand by a B or C. You don't need strategy to bypass her SA because the strategy, such as it is, is to just pummel her like you would any other character. If you never read the SA's description, and all the little buff icons never showed up to hint to you what was up, you would still have like a 95% chance of completely negating it by accident.

And if she in effect has no SA on defense except on a few edge cases where she can't tag out, then she's worse than just about any other option. Even an offensive character on defense will at least deal more damage.

It might be possible to argue that if you take her to Diamond, her HP will finally get high enough to make her SA finally work. In my experience, having just beaten a Diamond Meow and Furever, it still was like she effectively had no SA.

Edit:
    I will admit that I'm a lot more grouchy than normal today because of things unrelated to the game, so even if my analysis seems correct to me, it's definitely being done with the whatever the opposite of rose colored glasses are.

#25 fanghoul, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  6. Brian Ford

Brian Ford Member

I agree on all, but Eliza - Scarlet Viper she has to be SS ranking in silver league? Its effect of her special ability, if the bleed doesn't hit them, the attack will, when using "enrage" which are both are gifted when using Sekhmet. It can really seem like a massacre using her, and a maxed silver (4k+) has the ability to knockout a gold at 10k+.

I've tried and won!!

Like says I agree on all, but in the mind their is per league as well (diamond, gold, silver, and bronze) which some are better.

Guess on a all league view this is pretty correct?

7. Gylfie

Gylfie Member

Scarlet viper is unexpectedly useful in Peacock silver PF. You block, get armor break, which only lasts five seconds, and get an enrage that is twice as long. I had 3 stacks of enrage going at once one time.

Psyche likes this.