"OH MAI" - Strategy and Discussion

Discussion in 'Valentine' started by Liam, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Liam

Liam Not An Actual Robot
    Hidden Variable Dev

OH MAI.png

This thread is for discussing Valentine's silver variant: "OH MAI"
    General strategy, team position, character role, etc.
    It all goes here!

* Please note that the fighter score shown in this image may not reflect the actual fighter score of the variant in game.

#1 Liam, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Psyche likes this.
  2. Oh my Ned!

Oh my Ned! New Member

hey guys, why valentine oh Mai it's no longer in the game, i really like it

3. Cellsai

Cellsai Doubly Adorable

It was originally released as part of a Welcome Pack, but was removed from the store rather quickly before virtually anyone could get it. I imagine Oh Mai will return eventually once they've settled on a distribution method.

Her SAs aren't great anyway, so you're not missing much :p

4. Checkmate

Checkmate Member

So much anger, so much hurt, so much Oh Mai.

This variation can be incredibly useful and totally versatile. Use her as a first? K.O. the enemy and get a double stack of enrage, use that to melt through the second enemy like a hot knife through butter. (For fifteen seconds--) Or, Plan B. First fighter goes down? Don't retreat. >Attack harder. I like her look too! The red is real nice on the eyes.

5. Fel

Fel Active Member

Val with 2 enrage stacks is more like a lukewarm chopstick than a hot knife tbh

6. Elak99

Elak99 New Member

OMG I finally got oh mai! Valentine, does anybody know any good team comps or if she’s worth evolving to gold?

Psyche and Liam like this.
  7. Fel

Fel Active Member

One of the better valentines, but that really isn't saying much. She's provides enrage upon teammates dying so its good on any team. If you have a surgeon general just use her, but otherwise Oh Mai is probably the only other damage oriented valentine.

JarlBeimar likes this.
  8. Psyche

Psyche Active Member

I personally wouldn't evolve her because she doesn't quite stand up to the highest tier of gold fighters and when you play gold prize fights you shouldn't really ever be letting your fighters die so half of her signature ability would be useless.
    As for composition on a silver/bronze team, she should work quite well as a support to two other average fighters or, if you invest in her enough, she could be your primary fighter that gives allies a little damage boost if she goes down. The problem is that her signature ability is all about giving effects as a consequence of death, so while fighting a living player she doesn't really have a gimmick apart from +40% damage for a short little while.

#8 Psyche, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018