• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Painwheel Combos and Tips

CryGutted

Reaction score
Welcome to the future home of the best and most min/maxed combos for Painwheel! Well, that is what I would say... but... I am fairly new, and only recently beat the story mode. That being said, I love the character and would like to take her to the next level. This is kinda a new frontier though since the teir lists all say that PW is hit-or-miss.
Any and all tips, suggestions, or combos are appreciated!

Starting the match off, I usually do the following combo:

full ground combo, launch, aerial combo, then Cruel Lily (SM), then immediately after Hatred Install (BB1)

A note for this one^ is that after Cruel Lily, you then will have your Hatred Install ready, so use it before they hit the ground.

If you do not have Cruel Lily off-CD when you need it, use Death Crawl, as it does more damage on its own.

A tip for PWs BB3: you CANNOT miss. Even is the enemy is in I-frames, the start-up is so long that the I-frames will have worn off before you hit your opponent.

As I said, I want this to be the Ultimate Painwheel guide, so if anyone can add anything at all, reply below!

Last edited:
Personally there are very few SMs I like to use with Painwheel. Gae Bolga Stinger is one. The other ones leave you way too open if you miss them or screw the timing.

Since I don't use Snapdragon either, I usually start off with a ground combo into dashing out into Smile, then finish off with a full ground + aerial combo. That almost always K.O.s any character without them tagging out. The only characters that escape this are Epic Sax Big Band for his health, and Random Forces Cerebella with her unflinching and armor, that actually screws me over big time.

Aside from that my favourite BBs are Hatred Install and Fracture Reaper since they do a ton of damage and both serve as combo extenders, but I don't know why I feel them weaker after this patch. Maybe just me.

Buer Overdrive's pretty good as it can 1-shot some characters given certain circumstances, and I bet that if there was another BB3 it would be weaker, as Buer occupies 8 slots, but I still would like to see it, for variety's sake.

Makes sense. Damn. They should point those out in the patch notes. I was actually struggling to find the Theonite changes in PFs too, and they actually matter a lot.

Anyone find Flight Risk to actually be useful? Aside from evading a Georgie's Day Out from decent distance away, I find it to be a move that rarely has utility in either defense or offense.

Anyone find Flight Risk to actually be useful? Aside from evading a Georgie's Day Out from decent distance away, I find it to be a move that rarely has utility in either defense or offense.
it's like Peacocks hole idea, just worse. :/

You can still be hit and if you want to use it's attack you are still vulnerable.

with peacock you can't be attacked (not counting BB3s) and if you use it's attack you travel instantly in front of the enemy

I find hatred install to be pretty useless on BD Painwheel, I just use death crawl to add more bleed stacks on top of the heavy bleed the enemy has