• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Parasite Weave rework suggestion

Stone

Reaction score
in light of Aoskull's idea for a rework of parasite weave, I wanted to make my own suggestion.

Parasite weave
Signature ability 1: inflict SLIME for 3/5/7 on CRITICAL HIT.

Signature ability 2: when the opponent reaches 5 stacks of SLIME, remove all BUFFS and DEBUFFS from the oppponent and gain MIASMA for 1/1.5/2 seconds for each DEBUFF removed.

Explanation: When thinking of a parasite, the first thing that comes to mind is the act of benefitting from another's suffering. Both slime and miasma fit this description. Slime serves as a 'gauge' for her second ability to charge up for. Keeping this linked to critical hits allows the player to increase or decrease the chance to choice. when filling this gauge, she promptly removes all buffs.

I chose to also remove all DEBUFFS to enable her to trigger her ability again. While this both hurts slime as a whole and her ringlet usage (bleed also gets removed), granting miasma as reward allows her to still profit from inflicting debuffs. With 100% crit rate (and 50% accuracy against built defenses) this allows her to gain 10-20s miasma stacks from her own debuffs alone, which in my opinion is already at the edge of being too good. She won't work versus defenders that gain immunity though.

Let me know what you think and I don't know if this ever helped developers with some decisions but I hope it does.

Nice! miasma over 15 seconds by combined with Ringlet would be really fun, but at the same time, as you explained, I think it hurts to erase the all bleed caused by Ringlet. Since Ringlet is really strong main weapon for all Filia, the bleeding effect is inevitably become one of her charm. So it seems a shame that it disappears when slime reaches 5 stacks (It would be easy to make it bleeding with First cut, but the chance is not stable and permanent bleed is not effective for miasma duration)

Well, I've posted a lot of rework ideas so far, but coming up with an idea for Weave was much more difficult than for the other characters (so I used AI for a little help but it didn’t go so well...). As the JP community says, maybe it’s because her original abilities are hopeless…🫠

Last edited:
Reactions: Stone
The idea is good but this version doesn’t seem to have much of a fire variant’s identity which is typically gaining more power (precision, enrage, death mark, dead eye) and inflicting debuffs around power (wither, power surge, heal block).

Staying on the theme of a parasite, I think you got it right with miasma but instead of slime and buff removal I’d like to also see gaining deadeye to bypass some defense. Inflicting death mark also goes well with the original theme of a crit build. A crazy idea here is maybe a somewhat difficult condition to trigger permanent heal block! Lastly, I’d like to see this as a variant that encourages a moveset that’s NOT just ringlets… we want to encourage a more diverse build and play style.

Here’s my rework:

SA1 - Inflict a stack of power surge for 5/7/10s when landing a critical hit. When the opponent reaches 5 stacks of power surge, remove all buffs and inflict Permanent heal block and permanent death mark. Heal block and death mark are removed when either character tags out.

SA2 - Gain miasma and deadeye for 5/10/15s when the opponent bounces off the wall.

Wall bounces will encourage use of moves that aren’t ringlet. You will also need a high crit build to more easily meet the requirement to inflict Perma heal block. Again, using ringlet will not help satisfy those requirements since it doesn’t do that many hits quickly.

An alternative SA2 that fits more from parasites growing stronger is to gain permanent stack of miasma and Deadeye after defeating an opponent suffering from deathmark or heal block. She gets stronger over time!

The idea is good but this version doesn’t seem to have much of a fire variant’s identity which is typically gaining more power (precision, enrage, death mark, dead eye) and inflicting debuffs around power (wither, power surge, heal block).

Staying on the theme of a parasite, I think you got it right with miasma but instead of slime and buff removal I’d like to also see gaining deadeye to bypass some defense. Inflicting death mark also goes well with the original theme of a crit build. A crazy idea here is maybe a somewhat difficult condition to trigger permanent heal block! Lastly, I’d like to see this as a variant that encourages a moveset that’s NOT just ringlets… we want to encourage a more diverse build and play style.

Here’s my rework:

SA1 - Inflict a stack of power surge for 5/7/10s when landing a critical hit. When the opponent reaches 5 stacks of power surge, remove all buffs and inflict Permanent heal block and permanent death mark. Heal block and death mark are removed when either character tags out.

SA2 - Gain miasma and deadeye for 5/10/15s when the opponent bounces off the wall.

Wall bounces will encourage use of moves that aren’t ringlet. You will also need a high crit build to more easily meet the requirement to inflict Perma heal block. Again, using ringlet will not help satisfy those requirements since it doesn’t do that many hits quickly.

An alternative SA2 that fits more from parasites growing stronger is to gain permanent stack of miasma and Deadeye after defeating an opponent suffering from deathmark or heal block. She gets stronger over time!
Nice, but I still don’t understand about “fire variant’s identity” because the buff and debuff that you mentioned can be used by many non-fire variants, and there are also many high power variants other than fire ( like Creature of habit, Fly trap, Wetwork etc.) .

I can’t agree with the opinion that each variant have to use only certain buffs and debuffs just because of configured elements… but I think your idea is a good one.

Really nice! I think the Miasma should be stronger. Like, have it be a consistent 5, and gain a stack of Miasma for each debuff removed. Also have each newly applied SLIME while the opponent is at 5 stacks, to also refresh the duration of all Miasma stacks.

I feel like sticking too much to the identity of an element can lead to the detriment of a variant. Here the SLIME and MIASMA offer a nice homage to Parasite Eve's kit, which is cell modification.

I'm positively surprised by the many responses in such a short time!
Since Ringlet is really strong main weapon for all Filia, the bleeding effect is inevitably become one of her charm.
Precisely. This is why I tried to make ringlet still good usage for her for extending each miasma stack by 10s (5 bleeds), but of course it's always risky to hurt the player's normal gameplan
Wall bounces will encourage use of moves that aren’t ringlet.
I genuinely love your ideas aswell, while taking a mostly different path from mine. You make a point about fire's archtype which I have to agree on, but exceptions always exist. However, I'm pretty sure the only move that wallbounces on filia is her bb3 (and her second dash attack). I find this a bit too limiting. Your second idea on this part sounds better!

Really nice! I think the Miasma should be stronger. Like, have it be a consistent 5, and gain a stack of Miasma for each debuff removed. Also have each newly applied SLIME while the opponent is at 5 stacks, to also refresh the duration of all Miasma stacks
I was debating this myself too yes. Though with high crit rate you essentially gain 10-20s miasma every 5(!) hits which sounded strong enough.

Reactions: Dusty00