• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Personal thoughts on tendency and standards of reference sources

Aoskull

Reaction score
Most of fighter’s color has its references, but what is the standard and tendency for it? Well, I summarized it.

⚠️Please note that this is all based on my own thought, and there are no true answer for that. criticisms are always welcome.

• Usually, the tendency of references are the characters of anime, movie, manga, games or other franchises that known worldwide. Often follows the latest trends.

• It's highly unlikely that adding the references that famous in certain countries but not well known in others.
- For example, Puzzle & Dragons, Monster Strike, Puyo Puyo etc. (really popular in Japan but not in others). I hope devs will add the reference from P&D Z in the future. It’s my childhood memories…

• In-game reference is of course existing (like Wild child, Bloodbath etc.) but there has been a low tendency for adding. please add more!

•The standards for choosing character for reference is…
- Protagonist (really often)
- Main characters (often)
- Side characters (rare)
- Villains (sometimes)

• The characters of LOL cannot be used as references. Most of us know what the reason is. (Btw it shows that devs is apparently didn’t receive permission from the right holder of referenced characters...)

•Using real person for reference is quite rare (Currently only Thrill Shrieker and Epic Sax)

• Original colors are rarely added these days. The latest original color variant is Golden Gunner.

In conclusion, It's fine to refer to the characters of famous works, but in my opinion, I'd like to see more references of miner works. This will provide an opportunity to learn about the works and lead to new discoveries.
Also, I’d like to see more original colors as well. To do this, it’s hoped that the originality of the game will increase and can discover the colors that go well in each fighters that we would not have been able to find by referencing.

Last edited: