• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights PF Difficulty Spike

Santz9

Reaction score
I'll start off by saying that I'm not the best player in the SGM community, and I have a habit for overestimating my abilities in this game; taking on near impossible fights and getting bodied shortly afterwards. But there seems to be a pretty significant increase in difficulty once you get to a streak of 8 or more in PF. As most fights go, if you hit your opponent you can combo them. If you get hit, you get combo'd. And if you block a hit (in most cases) you will be able to counter attack. When just starting a PF streak this is definitely the case. But when after a certain of wins, my counter attacks never seem to connect. Cerebella for example has some pretty laggy moves (uppercut and last hit of jab for example). It seems at lower levels a quick hit will always come out first but higher up on a streak, the AI can seem to block it much more often. And since their FS is so high at that point, I'll immediately get knocked out by a full linked jab to aerial. Anyway else have this "problem" or is it just me?

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
I'll start off by saying that I'm not the best player in the SGM community, and I have a habit for overestimating my abilities in this game; taking on near impossible fights and getting bodied shortly afterwards. But there seems to be a pretty significant increase in difficulty once you get to a streak of 8 or more in PF. As most fights go, if you hit your opponent you can combo them. If you get hit, you get combo'd. And if you block a hit (in most cases) you will be able to counter attack. When just starting a PF streak this is definitely the case. But when after a certain of wins, my counter attacks never seem to connect. Cerebella for example has some pretty laggy moves (uppercut and last hit of jab for example). It seems at lower levels a quick hit will always come out first but higher up on a streak, the AI can seem to block it much more often. And since their FS is so high at that point, I'll immediately get knocked out by a full linked jab to aerial. Anyway else have this "problem" or is it just me?

I have this problem against parasoul and cerebella. I don't know for sure but I think your response time has to be a little bit quicker than with the rest of the cast, specially if you're playing valentine

My friend, it is not just you. The trick is that as soon as you notice your opponent blocking your attacks, you quickly block yourself. Sure, I've messed up plenty of times and gotten creamed simply because I didn't block in time-- there will always be risks. The further up the streaks you go, the faster and more efficient the AI's become. I remember once Liam called the AI's dumb (and that we players have a much more advantage over them). To this day that statement makes me chuckle a little ( just thinking back to all the times I got whipped) but he's not wrong. If you pay attention, you can follow the pattern of the AI, and the patterns differ by difficulty-- ultimately giving you an advantage over your opponent... FORESIGHT! Use it to your advantage!

Reactions: Psyche and Robokit
first off i'm also gonna make it clear that I'm a mediocre player at best even after a good few months of game time. All the combos I use are pretty basic and can be easily discovered by any other player. I'm too lazy to study advanced combos tbh. With that said thou, I don't feel AI sophistication ramping up after streak 8, which tbh is relatively low. Rather I feel that AI response time doesn't shrink to a point where they can counter you mid-combo until probably in the 30s in streak count. But I still do feel you cuz I remember in my early days feeling being countered by AI left right and center in pf and rarely getting past streak 8. So I guess you just need to get more comfortable with predicting AI moves and counter them just about the same time as they perform the last move in their set patterns.

I do strongly concur PHPP's point that cerebella and parasoul (especially bella) are skewed in favor of AI in terms of response time, particularly when preventing counter. I die far more times at the hands of bella and parasoul than any other Ai fighter. I hope the devs can look into this because the imbalance is too conspicuous.

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen