1. We’ve updated our privacy policy to better describe the data we collect, and how we use it. You can find the updated version here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

If you have any questions, please contact us at skullgirls@hiddenvariable.com!
    Dismiss Notice

"POLTERGUST" - Speculation and Discussion

Discussion in 'Squigly' started by Liam, May 1, 2018.

1. Liam

Liam Not An Actual Robot
    Hidden Variable Dev

Poltergust.jpg

This thread is for discussing the upcoming Gold Squigly variant, "POLTERGUST"
    Feel free to speculate to your heart's content, and make sure to keep on eye on our social media for some clues on how her Signature Ability functions!

#1 Liam, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Tom Kulczewski likes this.
  2. Psyche

Psyche Not An Actual Corgi

My dreams have been fulfilled. We have been blessed with translucency. Shame about no Zone palette, but hey, what can ya do? There will have been a good reason for its exclusion, and if not, it might still be up in the air for the future!

#2 Psyche, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Al Qedic likes this.
  3. Al Qedic

Al Qedic Member

Indeed, friend. I like to think they'd have named that skin "Dead Zone"...sounds like the kind of awful pun they'd make. Though I do think it would have been one too many Dark elements in her set, what with Stage Fright and Bio-Exorcist existing.

Psyche likes this.
  4. Shawesome

Shawesome Active Member

It probably would’ve been a neutral, considering how pale Zone’s actual skin is.

Al Qedic likes this.
  5. Al Qedic

Al Qedic Member

Yeah, buuuuut I thought that about skin 16 and it looks like that was the basis for Dead Of Winter, according to the Skullgirls wiki, so who knows?

6. jeff

jeff New Member

I think that the SA of this character will be something with removing buffs from opponent since the Poltergust is the name of the vacuum that Luigi uses in Luigi's Mansion to suck up ghosts. The SA2 could be after you remove a certain amount of buffs you recieve a 2 stack (maybe perma) of a random buff, referring back to Luigi's Mansion, sometimes when you suck up certain ghosts you recieve rewards.

Hall☆weenQueen and Psyche like this.
  7. Hall☆weenQueen

So I could be wrong but I thought this pallet was based on BeetleJuice? But I don' really see the connection.. (plus they have a Lydia pallet which they did not use)

Al Qedic likes this.
  8. Al Qedic

Al Qedic Member

Actually, Poltergust is Dead Master from Black★Rock Shooter. The Beetlejuice skin they used is Bio-Exorcist.

Hall☆weenQueen likes this.
  9. Hall☆weenQueen

AHA thank you!!! Although that pallet doesn't really look it either, I really appreciate you clearing that up for me!

Al Qedic likes this.
  10. Dr Wang

Dr Wang New Member

Her SA could be to steal other fighters SA for 3-10 seconds. Also her second one can be move debuffs to the victim and steal buffs to put them on her self when she steals fighters SA.

11. Casual Trashbag

Casual Trashbag New Member

I suspect that rather than stealing buffs from an enemy, it takes effect when it disappears. Notice that it does that, instead of going early. In other words, I bet this ability fills squigly’s blockbusters by a certain amount once the enemy’s buff expires.

Dr Wang likes this.
  12. foussi

foussi Member

After playing polterghust in training mode.
    I can say her signature ability is destructive but also risky.
    The best blockbuster for her SA on on my eyes is battle opera since it multihits.

Hall☆weenQueen likes this.
  13. cappatacus

cappatacus New Member

this looks fun

Attached Files:

Hall☆weenQueen and foussi like this.
  14. foussi

foussi Member

Which blockbusters are recommend to use as polterghust?

15. Cartouche‼

Cartouche‼ Active Member

you got Rage of the Dragon, Daisy Pusher, & DragNDrop at your disposal. play around with them to find a suitable combo for this variant

off the bat, jab (full) → DragNBite Seria → jab (full) → DragNDrop → The Silver Chord Seria → jab (full) → Daisy Pusher should work

#15 Cartouche‼, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Gamma Ray likes this.
  16. Gamma Ray

Gamma Ray Active Member

DragNDrop I 100% agree with Cartouche!! It's easily works with her SA and it combos very well with her abilities.

Rage of the Dragon because of the SA.

After that, it's preference to me, since I run RoL and Battle Opera even if it works against her SA (If they have high disable resistances it actually helps you).

Always go with Silver Chord. That special move is mandatory on all Squigly's it helps with meter building and combos way too much to not have it.

17. Fel

Fel wuf

Just an add-on the armor break from DragnDrop synergizes well with Poltergusts SA too.

Gamma Ray and Cartouche‼ like this.