• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Story Removal of experience gain penalty

Randomperson11

Reaction score
Website
en.m.wikipedia.org
I feel that the experience gain penalty on completed stages should be removed, I have mostly bronze fighters and a single silver fighter, I'm stuck on the story mode on BASIC and I cannot progress, my characters are just too under-levelled, and I can't level them up from fighting at all! I can't even beat the daily events because the fighters I need are too under-levelled!

Please remove the experience gain penalty, it's not too beneficial for moderately levelled characters anyways, my Peacock has been stuck at level 20 for several days now, and I've been playing quite frequently, but this lack of progress, both with character growth and with story progression is seriously putting me off...

Edit: I actually made an account specifically for the purpose of posting this thread, I absolutely love Skullgirls, the aesthetic, the tight gameplay, all of it! I just don't want to see a potentially good game turn out worse because of some bad descisions and little community feedback on particular issues...

Last edited:
Play Prize Event for exp gain... not story mode.

Just a tip. But yes, I do feel exp gain penalty should also be removed on repeating quests... in story mode.

I also feel they should put back Quick Fight.

Tbh, I think you should get (reduced) experience for losing fights.

Like, 1) the mechanical metaphor of EXP=fighting experience? You often learn more from a loss than an overwhelming win.

2) Losing due to being underleveled is common.

But yeah, they either need to give full EXP for Story events or make modes SPECIFICALLY for grinding, like Quick Play.

Reactions: Randomperson11
Play Prize Event for exp gain... not story mode.

Just a tip. But yes, I do feel exp gain penalty should also be removed on repeating quests... in story mode.

I also feel they should put back Quick Fight.
I did look up threads before posting this, and I did end up trying prize fights to get experience, but it's impossible to win because my fighter's levels are too low.

The only reason I'm actually able to use my Filia(one of the characters I've been levelling) is because daily fights are a thing, but I feel that you shouldn't have to rely on events to level up your fighters, and I'm not gonna go and toss my weak fighters into a brawl just to win a single fight after using all my stamina...

Let's be honest, there was NO reason for them to add the penalty in the first place...

Also yeah, quick play would be awesome!

Reactions: DarkaiXeno
I agree with those here. The exp reductions don't add anything and if they're suppose to prevent something I have a hard time seeing what that thing is. If the devs don't want to remove it, then I think introducing an EXP event or prize fight (perhaps alongside the Medici's event) would be beneficial. (Perhaps it can be something with Mrs.Victoria)

Edit - Spelling and grammar since engrish is hard.

Reactions: Randomperson11
In prize fights you will get matched against similarly leveled teams unless you are on a win streak. It's great for leveling up new fighters for this reason. It does take awhile to get levels from this once you are at lvl 20 (your Peacock) though since it costs 4 blue energy to enter a prize fight. I've been using a combination of story mode and prize fights to get exp but am stuck toward the end of the basic story as well.

From my experience in soft launch, repeatable story mode matches will full XP was extremely abuseable.
The AI is generally low enough in Story that once your team has even slightly outleveled the opponent you can turn on auto fight to harvest XP. I used to just leave my phone beside my desk at work and autogrind a lot of my team all day long.

...so I guess sorry because I was one of the ones that ruined it for everyone?

From my experience in soft launch, repeatable story mode matches will full XP was extremely abuseable.
The AI is generally low enough in Story that once your team has even slightly outleveled the opponent you can turn on auto fight to harvest XP. I used to just leave my phone beside my desk at work and autogrind a lot of my team all day long.

...so I guess sorry because I was one of the ones that ruined it for everyone?

In all fairness though, the abuse involved pre-1.2.0 AI.

Reactions: DarkaiXeno