• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Resonant Evil v Private Dick v Epic Sax

PantherusNZ

Reaction score
So my first ever Gold I got quite early - Private Dick. I've been using him for a lot of content, including his Basic Origin Story, and have invested a lot of Skill Points into him.

Along the way I have levelled up a Resonant Evil a wee way but not devoted any Skill Points since PD held a monopoly on those.

Now I've pulled an Epic Sax.

Should i now refocus 100% onto Epic Sax, maybe shifting back to PD once ES has eclipsed him? How about RE?

I'm just really unsure where to devote the Skill Points, and also where the best/better Abilities/BBs should sit...

As an aside - I've got like 3 of the Bagpipes ability in Gold Tier...are they really worth using over offensive abilities?

So my first ever Gold I got quite early - Private Dick. I've been using him for a lot of content, including his Basic Origin Story, and have invested a lot of Skill Points into him.

Along the way I have levelled up a Resonant Evil a wee way but not devoted any Skill Points since PD held a monopoly on those.

Now I've pulled an Epic Sax.

Should i now refocus 100% onto Epic Sax, maybe shifting back to PD once ES has eclipsed him? How about RE?

I'm just really unsure where to devote the Skill Points, and also where the best/better Abilities/BBs should sit...

As an aside - I've got like 3 of the Bagpipes ability in Gold Tier...are they really worth using over offensive abilities?
Epic Sax is the best yeah. He ends up doing a lot more damage than either. Dick is useful for accursed and RE is good on your defense team so dont count them out.

Bagpipes isnt bad on your RE, not only is it basically 50% damage mitigation with 50% defense, it helps proc your SA. Probably just put in on your Defense team big bands though.

Yeah, all three have their uses but ES is probably the best generalist and most reliable on the player side. If you're close to maxing out PD, you might as well go all the way because he's not bad by any regard. Ultimately up to you but you can't really go wrong. The only mistake you can really make is to expect RE to be good on offence and deal massive damage, which is simply not what he was made for. Other than that, feel free to roam your options.

Private Dick is one of the more annoying defensive characters. Even with type advantage he still has natural resistance to debuffs and that can really come in handy if you have high HP/Defensive stats for a defensive team. His stun makes him solid for offense and his fire typing means he won't get punished too hard by the Harlequin Cerebellas running around.

Resonant Evil is similar to Private Dick with the exception that he is better all around unless the opponent has a lot of armor break, and even then first hit stuns are still possible. He is a great budget defensive character if you don't want to invest too much in a defensive team.

Epic Sax as mentioned above is probably the all around best character right now. His SA helps with almost every challenge and the fact he's one of the few characters that can receive "safe" regen, since you can pull heavy Regeneration or normal regeneration mid-combo, which leads to him being very self-sustainable in fights.