• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Robocopy Changes

SavgPanda

Reaction score
Robocopy Changes

When I talk about the defensive side of Robocopy it is without the help of any catalyst or modifiers active. That is the best way to tell if a variant is capable of using their SA’ to stay alive or deal damage. And the old robocopy was a mix of bot offense and defense.

So before Robocopy was changed his SA’s were as follows
SA1 (Old): Once per match when suffering a HIT that would be fatal, gain 1/2/3 stacks of ARMOR and BARRIER. ARMOR lasts for 10 seconds.
SA2 (Old): When defeating an opponent, gain 2 stacks of ENRAGE for 30 seconds and 25/35/50% BLOCKBUSTER METER.

Offensively I liked this variant primarily for his SA2. Robocopy could work his way to five stacks of enrage if he knocks out more then three characters. Also the 50% Blockbuster Meter gained after defeating an enemy allowed for the player to use multiple level three blockbusters within a full three minute fight. And his SA1 would act as a safety net in case the player gets punished. Now defensively his SA1 could be dealt with using a chaos banish, curse, precision, or hex. This makes it very easy to bypass and he kind of becomes a punching bag on defense. With the new changes implemented in the new update, Robo copy even more of a punching bag. His abilities are just less offensive than they were before. His new SA’s are as follows.

SA1 (New): When Big Band or his opponent TAGS IN, inflict DISABLE BLOCKBUSTERS for 10/15/20 seconds. DISABLE BLOCKBUSTERS is removed when the opponent uses a SPECIAL MOVE.
SA2 (New): Gain ENRAGE and BARRIER for 5/7/10 seconds each every 3 seconds while the opponent's BLOCKBUSTERS are DISABLED.

I think these new changes pose in interesting play style but they are not better than his previous signature abilities on defense or offense. If big band tags in the player only has to use a special move and he will not receive any barrier or enrage stacks. This makes both of his SA’s easy to bypass and he could go the entire match without receiving any buffs. On offense before I would not use a tag out and now I have to. Although you lock down the meter of the opponent you only can make it to 3 barely 4 enrage and barrier stacks. And you may have to tag out the opponent again just to keep gaining buffs. This new SA change boosts his starting offensive capability unlike his old SA2 which boosts his offensive strength after you defeat an opponent. I propose that the changes made to Robocopy be reverted. Or maybe changed to something else. Some ideas for his changes are below:

SA1 (1st): use his SA2
SA2 (1st): upon death inflict a certain number of debuffs on the opponent or grant incoming ally a number of buffs

As far as what buff or debuffs he should apply I don’t know what would be more appealing for the player base so he could get some usage.

SA1 (2nd): Every 10-20 combo hits suffered or achieved inflict 1 stack of power surge or wither and gain 1 enrage stack
SA2 (2nd) when reaching a certain number of enrage stacks, something can happen to you when the opponent has certain number of power surge or wither stacks something could happen. I don’t know what the negative or positive could be.

I can’t really think of anything else but his new signature abilities are worse than what they were before. So if anyone has any other ideas for a signature ability please let me know.