• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Server error caused a loss on a Rift node

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
iPhone 11
iOS 16.3.1
Game version 6.0.1

I was playing a rift node and after selecting my team and pressing the Fight button, I experienced an unusually long amount of time on losing screen before it said there was a communication error and took me back to match lobby. Once back in match lobby, everything was the same, so I pressed Fight again. Again I had another long stretch of losing screens and then an error screen popped up saying a communication error occurred and no fighter energy was used. However once I got back to match lobby, my fighters were labeled as “used” in the rift and the node had registered a loss for me. I was connected through 4G LTE, not Wi-Fi, but at no time did my internet connection go away nor did I purposefully disconnect.

Attachments

• 2F0C18DF-E758-4EF4-8CF4-75EBDADD6F0D.png
    2F0C18DF-E758-4EF4-8CF4-75EBDADD6F0D.png
    788.1 KB · Views: 2
We've had some recurring issues with our servers during the daily reset at 10AM pacific time. We're actively working on it and last I checked we pushed a fix to hopefully resolve an instability around that time. I'm guessing that's what you ran into unfortunately based on the timing of your post.

We've had some recurring issues with our servers during the daily reset at 10AM pacific time. We're actively working on it and last I checked we pushed a fix to hopefully resolve an instability around that time. I'm guessing that's what you ran into unfortunately based on the timing of your post.
Hi Bones.
The same issue happened again, today (Oct 15, 2023). It happened shortly after reset. I got a long loading screen, a message saying there was a server error/couldn’t connect, and then it took me back to the rift match lobby. At first it didn’t register that a fight charge had been consumed, but after I navigated back to the rift a few minutes later, I noticed it had registered a lost fight and the character I had tried to use had lost their fight charge.

This just happened to me today (10/28/23), it’s not a good way to lose your rift streak. It’d be nice if there was a “retry connection” button so you have another chance to avoid taking the loss.

This just happened to me today (10/28/23), it’s not a good way to lose your rift streak. It’d be nice if there was a “retry connection” button so you have another chance to avoid taking the loss.
We've discussed internally other ways we can alleve this particular disconnect when it happens. We've implement fixes so that it happens much less frequently, but on some occasions it can still happen, likely due to some random network error.