1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

Other SGM Chat Filtering Feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Al Qedic, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Al Qedic

Al Qedic Member

I'm sure many a Hidden Variable dev have already been notified of this by players, and I'm sure plenty of others on here have touched on this same issue by now. Maybe this will largely be patched with the next update. Regardless...the new chat feature in the game has a bit of a glaring problem. We can't even type the name of one of the game's main characters without it being censored.

Peacock is turned into ******* by a less-than-perfect profanity filter that detects those last four letters in order and does its job accordingly. This is an example of the Scunthorpe Problem, where automated filters censor perfectly innocent words because they happen to contain a word that's not so savory.

I can't blame the devs for this very much at all; it happens more than most programmers care to admit. If in some way I'm only serving to slow down the work being made to fix this, feel free to tell me as much. Let's just hope we can all come together and get these kinks ironed out in due time, eh?

For more on the Scunthorpe Problem, here's a video by a lovely British guy for your viewing pleasure. Adult language referenced, viewer discretion advised.

2. Liam

Liam Not An Actual Robot
    Hidden Variable Dev

That's the plan!

We've already fixed a lot of filtering issues that will be going out in our next update.
    Our chat is in its very early stages, so feel free to leave any filter suggestions for us here. =)

(Peacock was one of the ones fixed in the first few minutes, whoops!)

Edit: I've updated the thread title to be less confusing for other users.

#2 Liam, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Al Qedic likes this.
  3. That nub

That nub Member

I mean the game is 12+ and got some Innuendos Why curse word isnt allowed.
    Example:
    Heck

4. Liam

Liam Not An Actual Robot
    Hidden Variable Dev

Heck is allowed, is there an issue with that one?

5. That nub

That nub Member

Nah is just a meme.
    good thing this community isnt THAT protective