1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

"STAR-CROSSED" - Speculation and Discussion

Discussion in 'Parasoul' started by Liam, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Liam

Liam Not An Actual Robot
    Hidden Variable Dev

starcrossed.png

Star-Crossed Parasoul is an upcoming Gold Fighter in Skullgirls 2.2
    Please note that she won't be available in any Relics for player use for 2.2, but you'll see her used by the AI.

You can use this thread to discuss and speculate her Signature Ability!

2. Inked

Inked Active Member

only allowing the AIs to have her but not the players is such a tease : (
    for one, i love her Annie design! maybe her SA will have to do with something about that reference..

3. Psyche

Psyche Not An Actual Corgi

On the basis of the stun debuff icon being a pair of stars and the term 'starstruck', I feel she might have something to do with dazzling her enemies. Hopefully it won't be yet another tear-based SA because I think we have enough of those now. Come to think of it, every Parasoul so far has been centred either around tears (deploying & detonating) or critical hits (rate & effect on hit).

Or maybe she will have an active SA where she summons a comet to hit the enemy, or it could get Adam to come in as an assist character (the closest thing to a 'star-crossed lover' I could think of for the princess).

4. vucaar

vucaar Active Member

Because the SA is all about the tears in gold Parasoul (except the water element Parasoul), I can think the SA could be based on tears too, I have this idea about this "new" variant:

SA name: Hmmm... I don't know "Tear Comet" maybe?, or "Para of the S-tears"? trying to make a match with the original character palette (bad joke).

First part of the SA: If the opponent takes damage from a tear, deal the 1.25x/1.5x/2x of the base/original damage (can be amplified with enrage).
    Second part of the SA. If the opponent blocks a tear attack, inflict cripple and armor break for 5/7/10 seconds and gain enrage and armor for the same time.

P.S.: It's only an idea, maybe the devs has the true SA for this character already, I just want to share my thought.

5. Inked

Inked Active Member

i think inevitably it will have to do with Parasoul's tears, it's a part of her. i agree on the part where it'll do with "dazzling" her enemies... maybe something like "on tear detonation, 5% chance to stun opponent for X seconds." just an idea

6. Psyche

Psyche Not An Actual Corgi

I wonder if bot teams in prize fights will be able to have her in their ranks.

7. Fel

Fel wuf

I think you could get it up to 15% and make it still balanced. you can spawn 2 tears max without the corner in a combo without SMs or BBs I think?

8. Inked

Inked Active Member

eh, yeah, i guess so. i just threw 5% out there because other SAs with a 15% chance of something can happen very often if RNG feels like it. then again, if you balanced that 15% with a short amount of time the opponent would be in stun it wouldn't be too unfair. also throwing resistances into the mix... i see your point.

9. SoapyFam

SoapyFam Member

"Starstruck"
    First part of SA
    "Landing critical hit gain enrage (5 secs and increases by each upgrade) and give meter to teammates and parasoul"
    Second part of SA
    "50% of critical hits stuns opponent by 5 secs and disable blockbusters"

Seems almost a bit of a Parasite Weave rip off, but I had no ideas for being starstrucked, because they are stunned to see their idol in action and the hero saves the day cause Annie is a hero in her own show.

10. Fel

Fel wuf

Weave is bad enough we don't need anymore infinites :(

RedRidingHoodie likes this.
  11. SoapyFam

SoapyFam Member

She isn't bad, she can stun enemies with 50% of her crits just give her atleadst 50% crit rate and you are good to go.
    Keep in mind that she is the best filia if you play her, not the AI.

12. Brawlitup99

Brawlitup99 New Member

I mean, on the bright side, infinites will be much harder to pull off with once the update launches. The patch notes stated it themselves, so hopefully they mean it.

Also. Palette for her is awesome.

13. fanghoul

fanghoul Active Member

Star-Crossed is clearly a reference to The Cross. She'll have a meter to fill up and after you activate it everyone stop fighting and has a nice bible study.

Sol, ImaiKari, Broseph97 and 2 others like this.
  14. That nub

That nub Member

I second this

15. Fel

Fel wuf

The new chat system is probably a christian one too, everything adds up.

Broseph97 and RedRidingHoodie like this.
  16. RedRidingHoodie

RedRidingHoodie New Member

i can't wait to get another perma-stun chara and abuse the hell out of the SA [:<

Inked likes this.
  17. cappatacus

cappatacus New Member

Star-Crossed's SA, for those of you who are curious and impatient like me. Although I don't know what the developers think a well timed block is, I was stunned on an unblockable charge attack

Attached Files:

luckykhanh and moisterrific like this.
  18. Fel

Fel wuf

Im sure the game doesnt check whether the hit was actually blocked or not as long as the timing is right and contact happens. That SA looks really fun to play with tho

19. Dr Wang

Dr Wang New Member

Maybe her tears are unblockable and she dentents them immediately with 3x3 area for each tear.

#19 Dr Wang, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  20. Beldr447

Beldr447 Member

Just to note that on events where you recibe no damage while blocking you can get hit by unblockable hits while blocking, but they will deal no damage

#20 Beldr447, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018