• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Thoughts on current Valentine.

Chocostix

Reaction score
I don't even know why I'm posting this so please don't hate me if I get some stuff wrong.

I honestly hope that Valentine gets a buff in 2.5. She seems to be the least impactful Fighter out of the entire cast right now. Her combo game is possibly the worst, her role as assisting is pretty puzzling and her Special Moves really need a buff in hot diddly dog RNG and in general, usefulness. More specifically, her vials... which are in fact a pain in the kokoro to even use with the refill crap (which are also the only ones that can actually combo lol). Basically, you're left with one of the only good options which is the triple-syringe-up-your-butt BB combo and Forbidden Proceedure for good measure. In a nutshell, actually using Special Moves is really rare for most of her variants. I really hope they can review Valentine again to see if they can remake and add some oomph to her to at least have a slight offensive change. No kidding. I would FREAKING love you guys if you could add and remake moves from console like the bonesaw move where she moves it foward and back multiple times. Overall, I really hope you can help do Valentine a bit more justice, even if it's a little. Thanks for actually reading that brick wall holy crap.

P.S: If you're going to keep her air-combo the same, pretty please increase chances of her saying BODYBAG. Don't know why, feels pretty satisfying to me.

P.P.S: add cellsai or riot

Last edited:
I don't even know why I'm posting this so please don't hate me if I get some stuff wrong.

I honestly hope that Valentine gets a buff in 2.5. She seems to be the least impactful Fighter out of the entire cast right now. Her combo game is possibly the worst, her role as assisting is pretty puzzling and her Special Moves really need a buff in hot diddly dog RNG and in general, usefulness. More specifically, her vials (which is only the ones that can actually combo lol). Basically, you're left with one of the only good options which is the triple-syringe-up-your-butt BB combo, and in a nutshell, makes actually using Special Moves really rare for most of her variants. I really hope they can review Valentine again to see if they can remake and add some oomph her to at least have a slight offensive change. No kidding. I would FREAKING love you guys if you could add and remake moves from console like the bonesaw move where she moves it foward and back multiple times. Overall, I really hope you can help do Valentine a bit more justice, even if it's a little. Thanks for actually read that brick wall holy crap.

P.S: If you're going to keep her air-combo the same, pretty please increase chances of her saying BODYBAG. Don't know why, feels pretty satisfying to me.

P.P.S: add cellsai or riot

i totally agree! Valentine really needs some reworking. i love using her, but no matter what it feels underwhelming in terms of her damage output and ability to combo with her. the only special i have for her is her taunt. i don’t use any other special. i would love to see Aquisitive Prescription make it in, even though it wouldn’t be all that helpful...
(also is that bonesaw move you’re talking about EKG Flatliner? because that’s in mobile as a BB3)

i totally agree! Valentine really needs some reworking. i love using her, but no matter what it feels underwhelming in terms of her damage output and ability to combo with her. the only special i have for her is her taunt. i don’t use any other special. i would love to see Aquisitive Prescription make it in, even though it wouldn’t be all that helpful...
(also is that bonesaw move you’re talking about EKG Flatliner? because that’s in mobile as a BB3)

I think Aquisitive Prescription could be an awesome move AND be the first to be a counter type move in SGM history. However, I think doing that might also mean 'Countervenom' would also need to be actually be looked at as an actual counter. I really want to know how they will handle AP and her other BBs if they do indeed put it in the game.
(Also, the bonesaw move I was referring to is MP on console. Hope that clears some stuff up!)

I think Aquisitive Prescription could be an awesome move AND be the first to be a counter type move in SGM history. However, I think doing that might also mean 'Countervenom' would also need to be actually be looked at as an actual counter. I really want to know how they will handle AP and her other BBs if they do indeed put it in the game.
(Also, the bonesaw move I was referring to is MP on console. Hope that clears some stuff up!)

yeah, i remember seeing in the in-game chat people were discussing AP as being more of a special than a blockbuster, which makes sense. it’s like burst in a way if you think about it.
(oh! that makes sense! i do hope for that move to make it to mobile too, since i use MP in my standard Val combo on pc Skullgirls and it’s just a kinda fun move.)

Reactions: Chocostix
yeah, i remember seeing in the in-game chat people were discussing AP as being more of a special than a blockbuster, which makes sense. it’s like burst in a way if you think about it.
(oh! that makes sense! i do hope for that move to make it to mobile too, since i use MP in my standard Val combo on pc Skullgirls and it’s just a kinda fun move.)

Ah, there's so much they can do with Val it's crazy. She has unironically the most potential if the devs let her be. Here's hoping they can handle her way more better in the future.
(You gotta play the Switch port?)

Reactions: Inked
Noise Cancel is a "counter-type move" that's already in SGM.
I have to agree that Val's special moves are all pretty weak, though I do enjoy using vials myself as they extend ground combos. Outside of that though I think Val is mostly limited by her support oriented SAs. Countervenom is an amazing move but Val has trouble killing with her low base attack and generally non-offensive SAs.

Noise Cancel is a "counter-type move" that's already in SGM.
I have to agree that Val's special moves are all pretty weak, though I do enjoy using vials myself as they extend ground combos. Outside of that though I think Val is mostly limited by her support oriented SAs. Countervenom is an amazing move but Val has trouble killing with her low base attack and generally non-offensive SAs.

Oh yeah right. Noise Cancel.
I really hope that they can make the next Val a bit more offensive orientated with SA and ATK stats. Maybe something like... her damage will scale higher each time a debuff is applied to her opponent and there's a small chance that her attacks will apply a random debuff? Which will then also entice players to actually use her vials more often. They can use something like this instead of the usual 'Valentine is support-based' model. Pyro is... pretty underwhelming if you're not a gambler. I think she and the other 4 Elemental Fighters definitely need a rework the next time an update comes around.
...Hoo boy, I'm pretty annoying aren't I?

New update here and is the other way around actually, Valentine is even lesser (thanks to those 6 frame startup they added to the countervenoms, i guess); the countervenoms don’t chain as good anymore.

New update here and is the other way around actually, Valentine is even lesser (thanks to those 6 frame startup they added to the countervenoms, i guess); the countervenoms don’t chain as good anymore.

...Really? The frame start-ups don't feel like they changed anything at all. Same goes with Cerebella and her 'Diamonds are Forever'. I thought it would be like console but it didn't change at all. Not one bit.

...Really? The frame start-ups don't feel like they changed anything at all. Same goes with Cerebella and her 'Diamonds are Forever'. I thought it would be like console but it didn't change at all. Not one bit.

the startups for CounterVenom do seem different to me. i haven’t tested chaining them, so i can’t really say anything there but i do agree the startup feels different. can’t put my finger on how though.

the startups for CounterVenom do seem different to me. i haven’t tested chaining them, so i can’t really say anything there but i do agree the startup feels different. can’t put my finger on how though.

Hmm... I don't know if my current game is defective or not. I'll probably try out Val and Bella tomorrow to see if they really have major changes.

Reactions: Inked
Why do you guys think Valentine is bad atm? Imho, she's one of the best fighters with a decent Character Ability. Coming from a relatively new player though. :)

Why do you guys think Valentine is bad atm? Imho, she's one of the best fighters with a decent Character Ability. Coming from a relatively new player though. :)

To keep it short and simple, Valentine is relatively the worst character from an offensive perspective. She's basically that one support focused charcter in the game and trades it off with the lack of ATK and combo game. She's underwhelming in terms of damage and carrying can be more annoying compared to the other characters. Sure, she has the 'Surgeon General' and 'Pyrotechnique' variant, but those two variants are pulled down by her lack of ATK stat and moves if you don't build her properly. Also, SG can be killed off easily if you don't have enough survival related stats for her and PT's signature ability is just one big gamble, she might as well don't have one. She has great potential if the devs at HV are willing to take a look at her again.

Last edited:
Hmm... I don't know if my current game is defective or not. I'll probably try out Val and Bella tomorrow to see if they really have major changes.

Try doing the full combo and juggle then the 2 countervenoms in a row as finishers to see what i mean; the second one won’t connect unless you quickly close the gap with a dash.

Try doing the full combo and juggle then the 2 countervenoms in a row as finishers to see what i mean; the second one won’t connect unless you quickly close the gap with a dash.

I think I see where you are getting at. The usual ground to air to vials combo aren't connecting as easily as I thought in 2.4. There are some fighters that bounce off way too far for Val to connect her second vial and overall just drop the whole combo with the first vial.
...Is that where I'm getting at?

I think I see where you are getting at. The usual ground to air to vials combo aren't connecting as easily as I thought in 2.4. There are some fighters that bounce off way too far for Val to connect her second vial and overall just drop the whole combo with the first vial.
...Is that where I'm getting at?

Yes, the countervenom bb’s don’t chain like they used to, now you have to dash attack after the first one to close the gap before using the second one or it’ll miss.