• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Thoughts on new bonus relic system

Reshiram18

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1070873058594873344
Earlier today the official SGM Twitter announced that in version 3.0 the bonus relic in any 10+1 pull will always be at least a silver fighter, with a chance for gold or diamond. What do you all think about this change? I personally think that it its a great addition for newer players as they will now always have a chance to get a roster defining fighter whenever they spend 1,000 Theonite on a 10+1 Premier Relic pull. I also think that it makes buying relics with coins pointless.

Reactions: Veeko
Excellent change imo! Now even if every other pull is bronze that last one will be at least a little less disappointed haha
I do think it also reduces the value of buying relics with coins, but that’ll still have its place- if you’re really desperate for a certain variant and don’t want to wait for whatever relic type contains them to appear, grab a relic from the CoC and hope for the best. And that’s about it, I guess.

To be fair every other Gatcha game has as their 10+1 mechanic, so it was only a matter of time before this game did it too.

And I don't think it 'devalues' buying Premiers with coins, because you're still getting a free character. And with the coming update, that character could be a diamond.

And I don't think it 'devalues' buying Premiers with coins, because you're still getting a free character. And with the coming update, that character could be a diamond.
I have to disagree with you on that. If you buy relics with coins you miss out on the silver or higher guaranteed bonus relic that you get from a theonite bought 10+1 pull. While people can get lucky on coin bought relics they will most often end up finding bronze colored disappointment in their pull.

I have to disagree with you on that. If you buy relics with coins you miss out on the silver or higher guaranteed bonus relic that you get from a theonite bought 10+1 pull. While people can get lucky on coin bought relics they will most often end up finding bronze colored disappointment in their pull.
Ill have to disagree with you i Pulled two Wulfsbane just by Buying Two Premiere Relics with coins

I have to disagree with you on that. If you buy relics with coins you miss out on the silver or higher guaranteed bonus relic that you get from a theonite bought 10+1 pull.
I have to disagree with you on this statement. You can't "miss out" on coin pulls because you can't buy theo with coins. There's no option in the game that allows you to get bonus relics and involves coins. If you NEED relic pulls you will use both options regardless of how bonus relics work.

Reactions: Ryouhi
I have to disagree with you on that. If you buy relics with coins you miss out on the silver or higher guaranteed bonus relic that you get from a theonite bought 10+1 pull.

Okay I may have phrased that wrong.

What I'm trying to say is that the new 10+1s don't immediately invalidate the Premiers that you can buy from the Trinket Shop. You're getting a character (potentially a gold or even a diamond) without having to spend your hard-earned Theonite, and then use that saved Theonite on a proper 10+1.

Okay I may have phrased that wrong.

What I'm trying to say is that the new 10+1s don't immediately invalidate the Premiers that you can buy from the Trinket Shop. You're getting a character (potentially a gold or even a diamond) without having to spend your hard-earned Theonite, and then use that saved Theonite on a proper 10+1.
I see where you are coming from now, but even now I hardly ever buy relics with coins. I suppose my real point is that there is no point to buying coins with Theonite for specifically buying relics from Cabinet because they improved the bonus relic system enough to make spending theonite on a 10+1 pull worthwhile.

Let's be clear. The odds are the odds, and are not affected by how you acquire the relic. (Exception: the bonus relic, which I will address)
The theo::canopy exchange rate is mutable, but currently favorable for coin at the highest trade ratios. (1600 theo = 1.86 Mcc)

Now, 2000 theo = 2x 10+1 premiere relics. Your Expected Return remains E(gold fighter) ~ 0.8. Your E(silver) jumps to ~ 5.5 since the lack of Bronze drops a huge increase onto the likelihood of Silver.

If you take that 2000 theonite and buy coin, you get 1.86 million coin. Since a premiere relic costs 50,000, you can (over time) purchase 37 premiere relics. Your E(gold) ~ 1.1, and your E(silver) ~ 5.3.

Also, you get to keep 400 theonite for other things.

I'll keep getting coin, thanks.

Reactions: TehSterBarn1
I see where you are coming from now, but even now I hardly ever buy relics with coins. I suppose my real point is that there is no point to buying coins with Theonite for specifically buying relics from Cabinet because they improved the bonus relic system enough to make spending theonite on a 10+1 pull worthwhile.

Buy coins with Theo? Why would you ever do that? (Unless you're REALLY strapped for coins.)

Let's be clear. The odds are the odds, and are not affected by how you acquire the relic. (Exception: the bonus relic, which I will address)
The theo::canopy exchange rate is mutable, but currently favorable for coin at the highest trade ratios. (1600 theo = 1.86 Mcc)

Now, 2000 theo = 2x 10+1 premiere relics. Your Expected Return remains E(gold fighter) ~ 0.8. Your E(silver) jumps to ~ 5.5 since the lack of Bronze drops a huge increase onto the likelihood of Silver.

If you take that 2000 theonite and buy coin, you get 1.86 million coin. Since a premiere relic costs 50,000, you can (over time) purchase 37 premiere relics. Your E(gold) ~ 1.1, and your E(silver) ~ 5.3.

Also, you get to keep 400 theonite for other things.

I'll keep getting coin, thanks.

Yeah, I crunched those numbers too when the CoC first appeared. I was gonna make a post, but the majority mindset was that 10+ was always better value due to the increased odds in the 11th relic. So I never did. But kept thinking: "22 relics vs. 37, hmm, is that .2% odds increase better than opening more relics for less Theo? I doubt it." Other than 10+ Premiere Relics, what do we need spend Theo on? Everyone says don't spend Theo on skill tree. Streak continuation? Fighter recharge? Those are situational at best. I think Theo -> to bonus coins is max value at the moement?

I think Theo -> to bonus coins is max value at the moement?
You also have to keep in mind the chance to get a relic in the CoC. I don't know exact probabilities, but it feels like you can't get enough relics out of CoC to burn through theo->coins conversion. Especially if you hunt character relics.

You also have to keep in mind the chance to get a relic in the CoC. I don't know exact probabilities, but it feels like you can't get enough relics out of CoC to burn through theo->coins conversion. Especially if you hunt character relics.
Sure, there are other variables that influence one's perceived 'value'. But strictly concerning Premiere Relics for Theo vs Premiere Relics for CCoins, coins seems to win out. Other factors to consider, you can't hoard 10+ for future chara Variants. Even if you can't buy 37 relics from CoC quickly, 1.8M coins still have uses (skill tree, move upgrades, other purchases in CoC - including Chara/Elem Relics).