• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Time to start bulking up your defense teams!

Cellsai

Oh Sai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
cellsai.deviantart.com
https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1024104888266092544?s=19

In our 2.5 update, your Defense Team will gain a Defense Bonus multiplier every time that they are seen but not chosen. Defense Teams with large bonuses will grant a ton of extra points to whomever wins the fight!

IMG_20180731_091755.jpg

Now everyone has a reason to actually try to take down those scary defense teams! That looks like some juicy extra points.

What kind of teams do you guys usually avoid? Dreadlocks is generally my NOPE of the day.

I'm dreading the increase of RE Teams. :c It's gonna be a nightmare to see 3 options of RE, RE and RE. AF and UT are also usual avoids but tolerable.

Reactions: Renn and Tao
Dreadlocks never really bothered me but now, i get pretty annoyed because of the damage i take when using poltergust. Though that doesnt stop me from avoiding dreadlocks. : ^)

Reactions: Zuzuska
I just overall hate AF and RE, they sometimes stall long enough due to armor to time me out. Doesn’t help I don’t have Ultraviolent.

I'm curious to see how this will affect all those Painwheels with MAs now. They're another character I've started avoiding.

RE, AF, Dreadlocks obvs. Another character I find as annoying as UT but never hear about is Big Top. Have you tried fighting her at high streak? She simply refuses to die. Overtime guaranteed :(
Squigly I try to avoid as well. Instead of coming at me like the others she keeps charging her dragon moves; again, overtime.

I'm just hoping this thread doesn't serve as an actual guide to build defense teams.

lol, so many mysterious initialisms in this thread. MA, RE, AF, UT? I can guess RE is Resonant Evil Big Band since I have one of those (my first silver). The rest I'm too unfamiliar with to instantly know what they are.

AF is probably Armed Forces Cerebella. Her knack for suddenly turning unflinching and instantly doing a fatal blockbuster grab mid-combo is enough for me to avoid her. Untouchable Peacock's unflinching is more pesky than scary, but also something I regularly dodge.

Some Bloodbath Elizas can be outright terrifying with her ceaseless heals.

Reactions: Zuzuska
MA is Marquee Ability. One of Painwheel's MAs lets her reflect damage back when she gets hit. It can be super annoying on high streaks!

I just overall hate AF and RE, they sometimes stall long enough due to armor to time me out. Doesn’t help I don’t have Ultraviolent.

Armed Forces is one of the characters I actually prefer to fight. In general she's a nightmare on defense, but I find my Parasite Weave with that Drill Kick blockbuster I'm not going to look up the name of seems to take her down really easily. It doesn't matter if you're unflinching if you're stunned! And the drill kick helps get rid of the unflinching and armor stacks if it does become a problem.

Dreadlocks is pretty easily countered by Bloodbath. Yay having 5 stacks of regen all the time!

The worst for me right now is any Valentine with ICU. She's immune to bleeds, and almost any other character that applies debuffs or has moves that do is going to have a hard time.

Bioexorcist has also handed me my butt a couple times. An enemy having Heavy Regen while inflicting unblockable Heavy Bleed can be a real problem at high streaks.

Time to bust out the doublicous and peashooters, maybe the red velvet if I ever got one to beat those dreadlocks. In general I mostly avoid painwheels with MA because I’ve had some bad experiences and armed forces like everyone else, I don’t really find most of the avoided people like resident evil or dreadlocks that bad. In general I hate fighting G.I Jazz because I always caccidentally keep hitting him so he doesn’t tag out so his buffs actually work. Bloodbath is pretty annoying as well because I tend to use blockbuster combos. Squiglys AI in general is an absolute nightmare, seriously that sweep/launcher after she attacks me when I block always gets me, bio and dead of wonder have to be the most annoying.

Last edited:
Armed Forces is one of the characters I actually prefer to fight. In general she's a nightmare on defense, but I find my Parasite Weave with that Drill Kick blockbuster I'm not going to look up the name of seems to take her down really easily. It doesn't matter if you're unflinching if you're stunned! And the drill kick helps get rid of the unflinching and armor stacks if it does become a problem.

Dreadlocks is pretty easily countered by Bloodbath. Yay having 5 stacks of regen all the time!

The worst for me right now is any Valentine with ICU. She's immune to bleeds, and almost any other character that applies debuffs or has moves that do is going to have a hard time.

Bioexorcist has also handed me my butt a couple times. An enemy having Heavy Regen while inflicting unblockable Heavy Bleed can be a real problem at high streaks.
I counter ICU Val with Double's Bogus Buzzard's Heal Block so if you have Xenomorph at late streaks she can deal with that

For some reason I just can't read Squigly's moves very well, haha!

Armed Forces Cerebella? No problem. Untouchable Peacock? Yep, cool. Buzzkill Painwheel? Bring it.

But anything Squigly I just seem to screw it all up XD

Of course there are also the teams with beefed up diamond cards that are pretty intimidating too.