• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Training Courses for Cards

Ryouhi

Reaction score
I think there should be some sort of alternative for training up fodder cards, that you only want to level up for the Skill points.
Right now it seems the best way to level them up is to take one or two of them and stick them with a high level character to level them up, while not even using them at all.

Prize fights are a good way of grinding exp, but having to carry 2 "dead" characters as you are trying to get higher scores for the rewards isn't ideal.

So instead of having to carry that dead weight i'd suggest a new mechanic - "Training Courses".
Here you can place Cards to be automatically trained.
Depending on the course selected for the card, the amount of EXP earned and how long it will take to finish will increase.
You could also give the courses a Canopy Coin Cost perhaps if it makes gathering skill points to easy.

What do you think?
Should there be some way to train fodder cards more easily?
Or should it be kept as is, where you need to manually train every fodder card?

Reactions: BambooEarpick
Being able to 'train' characters could be a good way of draining Theonite out of the economy. Make it so you can pay a certain amount of Theonite per level, then leave guys to train and come back in a day or whatever for them.
To avoid going too deep down a pay to win route there'd need to be stipulations like you'll only get half Skill Points, or you can't train level up guys past 20 or something.

Reactions: BambooEarpick
Being able to 'train' characters could be a good way of draining Theonite out of the economy. Make it so you can pay a certain amount of Theonite per level, then leave guys to train and come back in a day or whatever for them.
To avoid going too deep down a pay to win route there'd need to be stipulations like you'll only get half Skill Points, or you can't train level up guys past 20 or something.

Using Theonite would also be an option, but i didn't talk about it because it could be seen as pay to win for some people, so i left it out.
Tying this to your last reply to my other thread regarding more ways to spend theonite, this could indeed be a good option as well however, i agree.

If it's in some way limited or you have the ability to use gold instead of theonite as well, that could serve to make it seem less pay2win-y

I'm ok with P2W because really, if people want to Whale and support the devs I'm all for it.
Also, eventually you get a pretty good amount of theonite as long as you don't pull all the time.

Proposition: Training Rooms

Looks like: a shoddy, retro hotel split down the middle. Have fighters do basic combos against punching bags in each room.

Function: any card placed in a training room will gain EXP slowly over time. They can't be used for other modes while training.

Monetization: have one training room with very low EXP payouts over time for free, always open. Pay Canopy Coins or Theonite to free up more rooms. Every room you pay for past the second with canopy coins is only open for a short period of time (a week). Rooms opened with Theonite last a longer period of time (a month) and grant way more EXP over time.

Cuteness: put free, coin, and Theonite rooms on different floors. Make them look fancier as you go up.

Proposition: Training Rooms

Looks like: a shoddy, retro hotel split down the middle. Have fighters do basic combos against punching bags in each room.

Function: any card placed in a training room will gain EXP slowly over time. They can't be used for other modes while training.

Monetization: have one training room with very low EXP payouts over time for free, always open. Pay Canopy Coins or Theonite to free up more rooms. Every room you pay for past the second with canopy coins is only open for a short period of time (a week). Rooms opened with Theonite last a longer period of time (a month) and grant way more EXP over time.

Cuteness: put free, coin, and Theonite rooms on different floors. Make them look fancier as you go up.

More in-depth realization to the suggestion - nice!
This sounds like what i had in mind, a way to get all your fodder cards to level up, without having to sacrifice how many points you would get in prizefights or making fights in dailies needlessly harder.

I'd say the free Room should be limited to 3 Fighters training at once (as in one whole team worth of fighters).
Personally i'd say the premium training rooms shouldn't necessarily bought for a certain time, but perhaps for a concrete level pay-out.

Reactions: fatfursatan