• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

What modifiers / abilities would you like to see?

Saint2th

Reaction score
There's a ton of modifiers in this game, so occasionally in the Skullgirls Discord's mobile channel we discuss potential modifiers / abilities that can be useful.

So I'm making this thread so players can come up with their own hypothetical modifiers and abilities for fun.

Posts aren't limited to 'realistic' modifiers/abilities; you can be as crazy as you'd like. Though that being said: it's always best to suggest some balanced ones.

I'll start:
Personally I'd like to see a 'null' modifier where debuffs / buffs / character abilities are completely negated; would make for some interesting character choices. (Painwheel would be pretty limited in this case.)

A character with an ability for 15% chance of 5% lifesteal would be nice! It'd pair up well with an ability that does full damage, instead of leaving scratch or recoverable damage.

Reactions: moisterrific
As I was reading these ideas popped out of nowhere.

Tardy Student Filia
Signature: Saved by the Bell
Damage increases up to 100% depending on how low the match timer is. Also increases move and attack speed up to 50%.

Move and attack speed modifiers would actually be pretty interesting to play with. I think Valentine already has debuff versions of that with her vials.

Freak Accident Peacock
Signature: Watch Your Head!
Blocking attacks has a 10% chance to cause a random projectile to fall from the sky. Evading attacks with The Hole Idea has a 100% chance to drop a projectile.

I think it'd be interesting to have Diablo-esque procs being implemented into signatures although I'd imagine it'd interfere with combos if done incorrectly.

Reactions: Saint2th
Clotted Scream Eliza
Thrombophillia: 50% of the time you enter Sekhet Mode, instead heal all scratch damage and gain Defense Up for 10 seconds.

Last edited:
There is just so much potential with so many different possible effects and mechanics. I'll keep this updated as I think of more, but here are some of the ones that come to mind right now.

Signature abilities:
  • Double the duration of buffs on all teammates and double the duration of debuffs inflicted by teammates on enemies.
  • Turn the enemy's damage inflicted in the next few seconds into health.
  • Reduce the enemy's damage gradually as they hit you with more combos
  • A percentage of the difference between your current health and max health will be added to your attacks.
  • All teammates tag in with invincibility for a few seconds.
  • A percentage of damage done by you in the next few seconds will be returned as HP.
Combat effects:
  • A debuff that prevents all buffs from being applied, sort of like an anti-immune
  • A buff that grants a decent amount of bonus HP for a few seconds, the barrier will disappear after the duration ends and/or when the amount of damage taken depletes the barrier
  • A buff that significantly increases special move cooldown for a short amount of time

Everyone knows BS BB's ability deals more damage per combo hit? Maybe a BB that does the opposite, with the REDUCTION of damage per hit, up to 50%. This way, he's not just stupidly broken. Or maybe an ability for Big Band called percussion, which reflects a percentage of damage for each combo hit up to 25%. Catch for that is you'd have to not be blocking for it to work.

a mechanic similar to hisoutensoku/ssb where you have limited block and your shield will break if you block too much, stunning you
specials and blockbusters reversed (BBs now have an appropriate long cooldown timer that starts when the fight starts so you dont start off being able to use BB3s)
projectile reflection when you do a certain thing (blocking, trip attack, launcher, idk)
lifesteal that increases the lower your hp
specials cool down faster the lower your hp
bounce negative status effects
thorns effect (reflect non-projectile damage)

a mechanic similar to hisoutensoku/ssb where you have limited block and your shield will break if you block too much, stunning you
specials and blockbusters reversed (BBs now have an appropriate long cooldown timer that starts when the fight starts so you dont start off being able to use BB3s)
projectile reflection when you do a certain thing (blocking, trip attack, launcher, idk)
lifesteal that increases the lower your hp
specials cool down faster the lower your hp
bounce negative status effects
thorns effect (reflect non-projectile damage)
We hwve the thorns in the shape of Dread locks filia. They just need to buff her damage with it past 10 percent.

it reflects all damage, and i'm suggesting a variant that reflects melee damage only

But for bb3s, that would be a little broken, especially for ones like grab bag or Jojo reference. How much damage would it reflect?

But for bb3s, that would be a little broken, especially for ones like grab bag or Jojo reference. How much damage would it reflect?
some number between 0 and 100% of all the damage
i'm not part of a balance team here, i'm just suggesting different ideas. this would just be a passive that's stronger against certain abilities/characters/variants and worse against others.

That seems fair. I think.... Idk, maybe 45% of damage? That seems fair.

New ideas!

Bursting Bust Valentine
Signature: A Bust that's about to Burst
All teammates can use Burst at any time except for during blockbusters. All teammates' Bursts grant 5 seconds of invincible and regen.

Seems like bursts are rarely used so introducing a signature related to them could encourage people to use them. I also couldn't stop thinking about how big Valentine's bust is. Giving invincibility also gives a way to mitigate unblockables, although keep in mind many of them have animations long enough to cause damage after the invincibility. Maybe the buff duration could be shorter if this is too easily abused but it is sacrificing precious special move and blockbuster slots.

Plague Doctor Valentine
Signature: Unclean Syringes
Vials will cause an additional 3 random debuffs. All teammates will apply debuffs that are 50% longer and Outtakes (the attack that forces the enemy to tagout) refresh these debuff durations and reapplies to the newly tagged in enemy.

I think vials and outtakes are cool but I feel like they don't have enough power to be used over other moves. In general, it seems I'm just bandaiding rarely used options but this also gives an excuse to give them incredibly interesting and powerful effects to encourage use.

Nuclear War Parasoul
Signature: In War, Anything Goes
All teammate tear detonations deal 100% more damage. All teammate tear detonations have 100% larger explosions and increased hitstun.

This one is a bit simpler but I thought it'd be nice to make tears more useful for every Parasoul since they feel a bit gimmicky unless it's on Primed, Princess Pride, Ivy League or No Egrets. (No Egrets' tears have wonky mechanics since it can apply debuffs without hitting the enemy at times) I also seem to really like all teammate signatures. This game is part RPG so team building is half the fun.