• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Resolved Why are the maintenance times always listed in UTC?

moisterrific

Reaction score
IMG_4041.PNG
IMG_4040.PNG

Does anyone know how to convert UTC+9 to EST (New York/Toronto)? Looked it up on Google and still couldn't figure it out, I've always been terrible with understanding time zones.

UTC+9 is Japan Time. Very convenient for me :)
It's probably listed that way because LINE is a Japanese company, and they're a big part of Skullgirls Mobile.

UTC is a little annoying to convert to American and most European times because America switches between EST and EDT.

During the Summer, New York is UTC-4, so it's 13 hours earlier than in Japan (UTC+9)
I did a long distance relationship to someone in NY for two years, so I got used to doing it in my head. Take whatever time it is now in New York (2pm) and flip the am/pm (2am), then add 1 (3am)
So if it's 2pm in New York, it's 3am in Japan.

Also a handy tip: Install FoxClocks on your browser. It lets you add a bunch of different clocks to the bottom of your browser. I have East Coast, West Coast and UK listed down there for easy checking!

UTC+9 is Japan Time. Very convenient for me :)
It's probably listed that way because LINE is a Japanese company, and they're a big part of Skullgirls Mobile.

Correct! We'll hopefully be able to provide more region-specific pop-ups that use more familiar time formatting in the future.

Also, thanks for the FoxClocks suggestion - handy!

Reactions: moisterrific
Was there another maintenance planned on May 24th?

Can't seem to enter game today because of maintenance again, but it doesn't show when it ends? Or is it maintenance until 25th May for hard launch I guess?