1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

Zuzuska's FIRE Diamond Evaluation

Discussion in 'New Player Guides & FAQs' started by Zuzuska, Jul 19, 2018.

?

How good is Pyro Technique?

1. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. She's Okay.

95.0%
  3. I believe she's great!

5.0%
  1. Zuzuska

Zuzuska Active Member

BURN BABY BURN!
    This list of Fire Elemental Fighters will judge what the 3 best choices for Diamond evolution are, 3 Decent ones, and the others that struggle to hold onto practicality.

Possible Fire Element Diamonds:
    Dragon Brawler, Number One, Beat Box, Private Dick, Harlequin, Immoral Fiber, Scarlet Viper, Red Velvet, Frayed Ends, Parasite Weave, Blood Drive, Firefly, Sheltered, Rerun, Dead Heat, Oh Mai and Pyro-Technique.

Best Choices:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Harlequin Cerebella is quite fantastic as a candidate for Diamond evolution. Her CA allows you to bait out throws and stagger, this protects you from BB3s. Her Marquee Ability also allows her to remove meter from enemies and prevent them from BB3ing her on a whim. Diamonds Are Forever is still capable of devastating damage, and she’s been given a generous stat spread that can only be furthered through Diamond Evolution. Her Special Move damage and Cooldown Reduction are both great; HQ will still reliably assist you in slamming potential enemies down with brute force.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

PD Big Band has risen to one of my top choices for Diamond evolution; he excels in Durability, Resistance, and the potential to Stunlock. In this current version, the chance of getting BB3ed is absolutely massive. Survivability has become a top priority; Survivability can be achieved by reducing meter gain, stunning, or simply having the bulk to survive anything that comes your way. Big Band's Marquee Abilities make him even harder to kill, so if you’re having an off-day, and mess up; PD will survive a few BBs and come out intact.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Applies 2 stacks of Wither on successful charge attack.
    Gains Enrage when attacking an enemy with a fully depleted Blockbuster

*need actual portrait & SA*

Pyro Technique’s potential is still generally unknown. On paper though, Pyro-Technique has shot up to being one of my top few picks out of the Fire Fighter List. According to the 2.5 update, BB3 management will most likely become CRUCIAL to many player's playstyles. This is all speculation though, not entirely sure how often the AI will decide to BB3 you out of the blue. As a Valentine, her regular damage is pretty low, but you can utilize Countervenoms to remedy this. Diamond Tier will certainly benefit her by granting her more ATK to play with.

Decent:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Dragon Brawler’s SA is a bit lackluster. He requires a lot of investment to be considered good, and you won’t be killing enemies with BBs often enough to take advantage of the 2nd part the SA. He’s good for mid-low streaks, but struggles in the higher ones.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Ouch, that Eliza nerf hits Scarlet's infinite/stagger capability, and now players will have to strategically plan out their Sekhmet BBs accordingly. On the bright side, she can now taunt cancel multiple stacks of bleed away with little risk. Overall, decent SA that grants quick stacks of bleed. With enough practice, you can make her a very solid carry.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Red Velvet is mediocre at gold, her attack stat is nowhere near enough damage to sustain very high streaks. However, her SA is unique in that she can take on some of the most difficult, defense savvy enemies in the game. Resonant Evil, Armed Forces, Brain Freeze and Untouchable all have incredible defensive SAs; Red Velvet’s Hex is a great way to get around it. She could definitely enjoy the stat boost from Diamond Tier.
    Sub Par: Immoral Fiber, Blood Drive, Firefly, Parasite Weave, Oh Mai, Number One, Frayed Ends, Beat Box, Dead Heat, Sheltered, Rerun

I'm currently writing a more detailed explanation on why each character is rated the way they are.
    (Check out all the detailed descriptions here!) Still a WIP.

This is an offensively biased list, focusing on continuing high streaks.

Let me know what you think! I would love to be convinced on if rankings need to be altered or mixed around.
    Hoping to make lists for every element... So hang in there! Water is next.

#1 Zuzuska, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  2. Fel

Fel wuf

A few of your top fighters don't actually benefit from an evolution outside of the boost in stats. Personally I'd rate each evolution on how valuable the boost in stats actually are. For example, Number One benefits more from the attack boost as his SA grants Enrage, or Immoral Fibre boosting her SA damage through the increase in HP. Characters like Parasite Weave do absolutely fine without an evolution, as their main damage is not based on raw stats, and her stuns don't improve on evolution.

In terms of actual strength I'd say your list is pretty similar to my own opinions, though I'd rate Red Velvet and Private Dick lower.

Zuzuska likes this.
  3. Zuzuska

Zuzuska Active Member

So you're saying that this should be a list on which fighters benefit the most from the evolution itself? Rather than the strongest Fighters becoming even stronger?

4. Fel

Fel wuf

Nah, your list is your own. I was just pointing out that Parasite Weave doesn't really gain anything from an evolution. Sure she's still strong, but I wouldn't say shes much stronger than if she was a gold.
    This only really applies to bleed-damage-only fighters like Rusty, Bad Hair Day or Parasite Weave though.

5. fanghoul

fanghoul Active Member

I see your point about Parasite Weave Fel, and would mostly agree with it, but I'd say one of the downsides to using Gold Parasite Weave at the moment is that if you mess up with her at a 30 fight streak she *will* die. She's pretty squishy like that. Adding some more HP to her seems like it's of some benefit.

I'd also agree that maybe Immortal FIber should move up, since the HP increase makes her much more dangerous.

On the other hand, Number One already feels like he'd be so outclassed at gold that I don't know I'd recommend moving him to Diamond. Scarlet Viper is a little different, since she has both bleeds the enemy and can really stack those enrages up.

Zuzuska likes this.
  6. Zuzuska

Zuzuska Active Member

Thanks for the feedback! I just thought about Immoral Fiber as being terrible due to her SA revolving around death. As a single carry this is an awful idea. However, if you pack a Valentine/reviver with her, you can spam her SA Death and obliterate most fighters. This is immensely more complicated than a carry has to be though. She'll move up a bit in standing... Though, she's still pretty sub-par.

fanghoul likes this.
  7. Fel

Fel wuf

I'd say the diamond evolution won't help with dying when messing up. You won't die in one hit maybe but you generally take a lot more hits if they connect once. It does help boost your survivability as chip damage is significant in high streaks though.

I'd say my opinion was who gets the most benefit from evolving rather than who's the strongest after evolving.

8. Small Band

Small Band Member

[citation needed]

Inked likes this.
  9. Fel

Fel wuf

Confirmed by the devs on Discord. Will edit with screenshot when I find it.

10. Zuzuska

Zuzuska Active Member

Added the quote by Psychotron to the Parasite Weave spoiler!

11. Kokonut

Kokonut Active Member

Much kudos for the comprehensive list. I got 3 fire essences from Accursed and have been wondering where to use them. I was seriously considering Immoral Fibre! (Still laughing at 'disgustingly terrible' lol who hurt you.)

I honestly haven't even considered leveling up Scarlet Viper to gold let alone diamond. I can't see her standing her own against natural golds..? Should I start investing in her?

Zuzuska likes this.
  12. Zuzuska

Zuzuska Active Member

Congrats on getting your essences! :D Immoral is mainly a hassle to enemies on defense, she's not too great on the attack... She's a very cool priority shifting character though! If you wanted to, you could throw her onto a defense team to spice things up.
    She is acceptable for Diamonding, just remember that she won't be as efficient as most other characters at high streaks.

As for Scarlet; I'd say to practice your Eliza combos, and learn how to infinite with her in Training. If you can roll some great moves for her at the same time, then totally invest in her a bit!
    (Personally I'm pretty awful at those combos, but it's amazing what you can do with her)

13. That nub

That nub Member

tfw ur collecting essences for beat box diamond and see the clear picture that Beatbox has sub par dmg

Still gonna do it tho

Zuzuska likes this.
  14. Zuzuska

Zuzuska Active Member

lol well, I wish you good luck with that! This is just a general guideline, as well as a list of all the Fire fighters and their respective abilities.

15. Kokonut

Kokonut Active Member

I must admit Eliza combos still elude me even though I've had all three gold variants from fairly early in the game. I think I'll practice first before deciding if I want to invest in Scarlet. Thanks for the tip :)

Zuzuska likes this.
  16. Zuzuska

Zuzuska Active Member

Wow... 2.5 Update contained a TON of mini bugfixes and a few alterations to certain fighters. Some notable changes are the one's done to Parasite Weave, and the BB3 usage of the AI. According to the update notes, it will become relatively common for the AI to decide to BB3 whenever it has it up. I believe that this will drastically change how all players initiate fights and maintain streaks reliably.

Point Multipliers are also pretty influential, and will urge players to fight and defeat more difficult teams. Niche Fighters will have more of a place in the meta, and countering certain defensive variants will become more important than ever. Still working on swapping around rankings and Water list is slowly but surely going to be released. Thanks for the patience and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing those social features implemented :D

17. Radelorie

Radelorie New Member

Ooh, so sad that Dragon Brawler is only considered decent.