• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other 12h Double XP

Do you feel 12h is an appropriate value for the Double XP item?

• No i want them to last longer

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Yes its good enough

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No please shorten the duration

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

qlimax

Reaction score
Hello forum

So I have a rather small request that I hope wouldnt take too much effort and time to put into the game.
Now I do actually enjoy having something like the double XP item in the game. Its a very useful tool for newer players to upper their characters and get going and its also a cool thing to have for rather seasoned players, like myself, to grind through those very meaty levels one gets to on those high diamond characters.

My issue (and why I actually havent used any double XP item yet is however that it lasts 12h.
12h is a long time. Which is nice but I'm the type of guy that wants to optimize everything he can. So if I'd use that item I'd basicly have to play the game for 12h straight. Which is too much for me to spend on anything really in one sitting. Yes I could take breaks and so on but when I use that item, its on and I cant stop it and therefore I have to play. I dont want to waste such a 'rare' item when I'm not gonna play the full 12h.

Therefore I would really really reeeeaaaallly appreciate to have the same item but for a like 1h double XP with adjusted price. (Say 1h ≈ 50 Theonite?)
Like a power hour where I go all out and give it my all to get as much value as possible.
If that was the item I probably wouldnt even stop playing after it ended. I would feel like I accomplished my mission on grinding as hard as I can for an hour and can now take it abit easier ingame. With the other item I doubt there would be the same effect (as I said I cant get myself to actually use it yet) and I'd probably be thankful after 12h that the effect ends and I can stop playing. I dont think that is what the devs intend for that item. It should feel rewarding and now draining is my point.

There could be a system that converts all a 12h double XP into 12 1h long ones. Maybe even just 10 since I honestly don't see any reason for anyone not to pick that option and one would get alot more value for their item.

Sorry for the rather long explanation I just wanted to get my feelings across on that.
I'd really appreciate any kind of feedback. :)

tl:dr:
12h double xp is too long for anyone to spend on their phone in one session. A shorter version of it would make the item and ultimately the game feel alot better.

Reactions: clex55 and Krazete
Too much grinding does drain your soul. I did 5 days (3 days of Val PF and 2 days of Eliza) and am just so burnt out.

I wouldn’t mind having 1hr versions, but to be honest the price is so fair at 300 theonites that if I only use it for 3 hours of the 12 it’s already given me the value of the item.

A strategy that works for me is to activate it 3 hours before bed, grind, and wake up to grind another hour in the morning before it expires.

Reactions: MatDestruction
What I´m gonna do is to activate it in sundays, when I woke up, and play as if nothing else cares at all!!
-But dad... I´m Hungry!...
-LIKEIFNOTHINGELSECARESATALLISAID!!!

yea i see your point. However, wouldnt it be better if we didnt have to find ways to not play the game and instead just enjoyed playing it?

yea i see your point. However, wouldnt it be better if we didnt have to find ways to not play the game and instead just enjoyed playing it?
It would indeed be better.

But...but...it’s made like that on purpose...so people will want to grind longer...

But 12h is unreasonably long imo.
However I do see that most people seem to be okay with the length. Not exactly sure why but I'll accept it.

I think it would be nice if the double xp was applied per fight and not in a certain time, for example "double xp for the next 20 fights" or something like that.

What do you all think?

XP Boosters of different lengths is something we've seen tossed around a bunch in various places, so it's on our radar. (I know I personally find it hard to commit to the 12 hours window too, so I understand the sentiment.)
It's not impossible that XP Boosters with different time limiters will be released.

If y'all had to pick just one other length of XP Booster, what would be your ideal? 1 hour? 3 Hours? 6 hours?

EDIT: (And just to clarify, this isn't to say we will release boosters of that length - I just want to get a feel for the room!)

Last edited:
XP Boosters of different lengths is something we've seen tossed around a bunch in various places, so it's on our radar. (I know I personally find it hard to commit to the 12 hours window too, so I understand the sentiment.)
It's not impossible that XP Boosters with different time limiters will be released.

If y'all had to pick just one other length of XP Booster, what would be your ideal? 1 hour? 3 Hours? 6 hours?

I think i'd be comfortable with 3 hours boosters.

Or, of course, as i said previously, having XP boost for a certain number of fights instead of in a period of time.

Or, of course, as i said previously, having XP boost for a certain number of fights instead of in a period of time.
I'm not sure I'm a fan of that idea. It'd feel really awful if you popped a 'next ten fights are double XP booster', then you lose your streak on the first fight. The rest of the booster is basically wasted unless you sink more theonite to repair your streak.

Last edited:
'next ten fights are double XP booster', then you lose your streak on the first fight. The rest of the booster is basically wasted unless you sink more theonite to repair your streak.

I had thought of that too, perhaps the boost could be turned on and off? But then maybe it would feel like having multiple one-fight xp boosts..

3 hours would be perfect for me. Set up 2 PFs (easy to do on weekends) at 20 win streaks and alternate until you lose on both.

EDIT: (And just to clarify, this isn't to say we will release boosters of that length - I just want to get a feel for the room!)

Hey cell, instead of activating one booster at a time, how bout a different system where multiple boosters can be activated at the same time at will.
Each booster length will be 1 hour and maximum twelve boosters can be activated at the same time. Those who want 1 hour booster can activate one. For 3 hours, activate three. 6 hours boost, activate 6 etcetera. This way, everyone can customize how much hours of boost they want.
And for game's economy, maybe make it a booster pack where you buy 1 pack and get 12 boosters. And they can't be bought separately. ( this is optional.)

Edit : only time will stack, not multipliers.

Last edited:
Hey cell, instead of activating one booster at a time, how bout a different system where multiple boosters can be activated at the same time.
Each booster length will be 1 hour and maximum twelve boosters can be activated at the same time. Those who want 1 hour booster can activate one. For 3 hours, activate three etcetera.
And for game's economy, maybe make it a booster pack where you buy 1 pack and get 12 boosters. And they can't be bought separately. ( this is optional.)

That seems like it would be a waste to activate multiple boosters that won't stack or something (i know what you said was basically that the length stacked), because people would be losing time when not playing, time they could've saved for later, so hardly noone would prefer stacking multiple boosters if that would just extend a length you could make more profit from by activating one each time you log in to play

That seems like it would be a waste to activate multiple boosters that won't stack or something (i know what you said was basically that the length stacked), because people would be losing time when not playing, time they could've saved for later, so hardly noone would prefer stacking multiple boosters if that would just extend a length you could make more profit from by activating one each time you log in to play
Think i'm missing your point. Zeow plays 1 hour maximum at a time, they can activate one booster that has 1 hour length. Jaz00 on the other hand plays 3 hours, they can activate 3 boosters that'll give 3 hours of boost ( 1 x 3 = 3).
What is the issue with that?

Think i'm missing your point. Zeow plays 1 hour maximum at a time, they can activate one booster that has 1 hour length. Jaz00 on the other hand plays 3 hours, they can activate 3 boosters that'll give 3 hours of boost ( 1 x 3 = 3).
What is the issue with that?

What if someone activates multiple boosts but goes rest for a while or something? That time would be lost since the boost would still be active, but that person wouldn't be playing, but i guess then it comes down to each person being able to manage their playtime so that they won't waste boost xp time and also be able to plan ahead for how much they'll play.

What if someone activates multiple boosts but goes rest for a while or something? That time would be lost since the boost would still be active, but that person wouldn't be playing, but i guess then it comes down to each person being able to manage their playtime so that they won't waste boost xp time and also be able to plan ahead for how much they'll play.
That's completely upto that person? In that case, don't activate multiple boosts at once and do one by one? Having the option to active several boosts isn't eliminating activating one boost at a time.
Pardon, i'm trying yet still not seeing your point with the issue of having option to active several boost simultaneously. And if you are talking about your idea of boost per match instead of time, i wasn't talking about that. Nor do i oppose it. I was talking about time based boost, a response to cellsai's given options.
Try to think about it this way, with multiple boost, if someone wants to play 1 hour, they can do it. If someone wants to play 2 hours, they can. Those who wants 3 hours, they are also getting their 3 hours boost. Want 6 hours? You have it. 12 hours, there's an option for that as well.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'm a fan of that idea. It'd feel really awful if you popped a 'next ten fights are double XP booster', then you lose your streak on the first fight. The rest of the booster is basically wasted unless you sink more theonite to repair your streak.

I'd probably do 3 hours. 1 hour would make me tense the whole time that I'm not getting enough fights in, while 3 is about as long as I'm likely to play if I have a good chunk of time to waste. 12 hours I feel like I should set aside a good chunk of the day, which has kept me hoarding most of the xp boosts I have.

Edit:
12 hours I'm saving up for the rare sort of day where I don't feel like doing anything and also don't have obligations. Like the day where I managed to take my prize fight streak to 108 :confused: