• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: Skullgirls Login / Account Migration FAQ

MightyZug

Game Director
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
www.hiddenvariable.com
As you may have heard, we’re going to be transitioning to a new Skullgirls App in 2018!

I’m sure you have a TON of questions -- that’s what this FAQ is for! Please reply to this thread with any questions that aren’t currently covered, and we’ll do our best keep this updated with new responses.

Without further ado, let’s dive in!

OMG IS SKULLGIRLS MOBILE SHUTTING DOWN?!

No!
...well, yes AND no.

The LINE version of Skullgirls IS shutting down on January 15th, 2018, but the Autumn version of Skullgirls will be launching soon afterwards, better than ever!​

BUT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

Basically, after January 15th, the current version of Skullgirls on your device(s) will no longer function, and you will need to download a new version of Skullgirls from the App Store and/or Google Play to continue playing.​

DOES THAT MEAN I’M GOING TO LOSE MY PROGRESS?

Certainly not!

However, to ensure that you data can be migrated to the new App, you are going to need to create a Skullgirls Login (you will be prompted to do so as soon as you open the 1.6 version of the App). You will need your Skullgirls Login in order to continue playing in the new version with your existing data.

If for some reason you do not login to Skullgirls and create a Skullgirls Login between now and January 15th, your data will be lost once the LINE Skullgirls version shuts down.​

BUT I’VE ALREADY LOGGED IN VIA [FACEBOOK / GOOGLE / LINE]! ISN’T THAT ENOUGH?

Unfortunately, we can’t use those existing social media accounts to authenticate your data in the new App.

Everyone MUST create a new Skullgirls Login to transfer your data over to the new App.

MAKE A NEW SKULLGIRLS LOGIN, EH? WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?

In addition to being able to keep your data? You'll also get a FREE SILVER LINING RELIC for your trouble!
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO AFTER I CREATE MY ACCOUNT? DO I NEED TO VERIFY MY EMAIL?

No, your email does not NEED to be Verified in order to transfer your data.

Once you have entered your email/password, you have technically done everything you need to do in order to transfer your data. Yay!

However, we strongly recommend Verifying your account in order to ensure that you have entered all of your Skullgirls login authentication properly in case you need to recover/create a new email later in the process.​

WHY ARE YOU LAUNCHING A NEW APP ANYWAY?

LINE and Autumn Games have decided to part ways. Up until now, LINE has been our publishing and distribution partner for Skullgirls, which also means they are responsible for publishing the app on the App Store / Google Play.

Since Autumn Games and Hidden Variable will be independently publishing the game now, we need to release a new version of the app that players will need to download in order to complete the transition.​

WHY ARE LINE AND AUTUMN PARTING WAYS?

Both LINE and Autumn mutually agreed that it was best for the future of Skullgirls mobile to end their partnership.​

DOES THIS CHANGE THE BUILD UPDATE SCHEDULE?

It does!

1.6.0 is going to be the last version of Skullgirls that we plan to release with LINE - that means there won't be any more app updates until mid-January (instead of our usual monthly update cadence).

As you might imagine, there’s a lot of “under the hood” work that needs to be done in order to facilitate this transition. As such, we need to give it our undivided attention so we can ensure that the transition is as seamless as possible.

However, once the new version goes live, you can expect us to return to a more consistent update schedule.​

IS EVERYTHING OK? ARE THINGS GOING TO BE BETTER? WORSE?

Better! As an independently operated game, we will not be restricted by corporate policies or other limiting factors that might impede our ability to rapidly implement new, exciting features.

We’re extremely hyped about what this means for Skullgirls in 2018 - we can’t wait to share more information about what we have planned!​

WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING FOR 2018?

We'll be posting our standard detailed update notes regarding our 2.0 update (due out in mid January) in mid-December. We also plan to share more details regarding what exciting features we have planned for the rest of 2018. Stay tuned!
If you have any additional questions, please share them below and we will do our best to answer them promptly and update the FAQ above as appropriate.

Thanks as always for all your patience and support! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Last edited:
I'm definitely looking forward to how the game will progress with this new direction!
Its a shame about the lack of updates but I trust HVS to bring us some amazing stuff in the new version :D
Best of luck moving forward, and here's hoping everything turns out for the best!

A quick question, does this mean all the maintenance issues will be ironed out? It seems most of it had to do with having to pass through LINE.

This is great news. I'll be migrating my data over later tonight when the server goes up. This means existing Line accounts can be transfered over without losing our data?

Does this mean we’ll no longer see that obnoxious green LINE logo screen when launching the game?

And I’m guessing they will no longer take a cut of the revenue?

Good, I don't know much about LINE, but if it was there job to test the app as we've been told, yeah.... they aren't very good.

QUESTIONS:
1. Will the new app be better optimized than the LINE app?
2. Will there be a special surprise (in the new app) for users who have already transferred their account?
3. Will they put an ad in the new app that tells users to buy the original console game to better enjoy Skullgirls?

Last edited:
QUESTIONS:
1. Will the new app be better optimized than the LINE app?
2. Will there be a special surprise for users who have already transferred their account?
3. Will they put an ad in the new app that tells users to buy the original console game to better enjoy Skullgirls?
I'm not authorized to be able to give an in-depth answer seeing as I'm not Zug or Liam (And of course I'm no dev of course), but

1.) It can be inferred so, as this means most of the app will be optimized to the dev's pace and scheduling as they won't be stuck in Line™ issued policies and need to wait on their authorization either. If anything, it's freeing them a bit further.

2.) The Silver Lining relic is given out to those who transfer their account via the Skullgirls Login email. Anything else seems tangible but far less likely until the devs really say. At this point, it's nice enough to get something out of the hassle imo.

3.) It's probably already gonna happen, and potentially ads for Eighty-Sixed (Love their T-shirts) and so on, but it probably will also be facilitated via, "Enjoy your Skull-Nanigans? Check out Skullgirls: Second Encore on PS4/Xbox/Steam today to amp up the Drama! Action!" or some lovely blurb with rotating characters and such advertising it.

As you may have heard, we’re going to be transitioning to a new Skullgirls App in 2018!

WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING FOR 2018?

We'll be posting our standard detailed update notes regarding our 2.0 update (due out in mid January) in mid-December. We also plan to share more details regarding what exciting features we have planned for the rest of 2018. Stay tuned!

YAY!

Double YAY!

More updates for 2018. Looking forward to it!

Reactions: TRON
I just love the new update double is amazing but the moves for her are really difficult to get I use all if my move relic and didn't get nothing #NoDoubleLuck
There is the Double Event tomorrow so hopefully you will get some then!

How do i make a new skullgirls login.....:confused:

Since my SGM name was imported from Facebook login does this mean we will possibly get a name change feature? Will new accounts be named based on their email?

Reactions: Yomady
Since my SGM name was imported from Facebook login does this mean we will possibly get a name change feature? Will new accounts be named based on their email?
Same thing but with twitter

my verification link does not come, I hope it comes soon:oops:

my verification link does not come, I hope it comes soon:oops:
Have you checked your spam folder and your "All Mail" folder?

It should show up very quickly.

The top left of the Options menu will also display your Skullgirls login creation status.
What does it say on this screen?
(No need to share your LINE ID present there.)

Have you checked your spam folder and your "All Mail" folder?

It should show up very quickly.

The top left of the Options menu will also display your Skullgirls login creation status.
What does it say on this screen?
(No need to share your LINE ID present there.)
I updated the Gmail app and it worked wtf