• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Please, in the new upcoming skullgirls app, get rid of the damn recharge bar

HotterThanHentai

Reaction score
I get it's a way to convince people to spend money in a free app to recharge their characters, but it's mostly irritating to people who know they won't spend money and have to wait for the ability to play with them again. If anything, people should be able to watch ads or something like other mobile games as an option to get a boost.

I agree. Skullgirls is a game I have been playing for a while purely because to get further in the game I have to wait. If I complete the whole story mode in two seconds why would I want to keep playing? If you complete all the stories over time, you understand the game more and like it better. No ads is also a reason I’ve kept it. Many many games have ads every two seconds and I delete them almost straight away just because they’re so annoying.

The reason they gave for the energy is that we will play more than a team of 3 characters. :3 Plus, I like it how there is an energy system. It's super rare to find a fighting game without some sort of energy system. Plus, refresh is only 10 gems :3 I feel there needs to be some sort of "cost" for fighting, otherwise, people will just keep using a team of 3 Cerebella and that is kind of sad.

Reactions: EmeraldSkirmish
The reason they gave for the energy is that we will play more than a team of 3 characters. :3 Plus, I like it how there is an energy system. It's super rare to find a fighting game without some sort of energy system. Plus, refresh is only 10 gems :3 I feel there needs to be some sort of "cost" for fighting, otherwise, people will just keep using a team of 3 Cerebella and that is kind of sad.
Nah, I'll be using a team of 3 PW Filias.

This is already a problem. When at high streak count I freak out and start exclusively using Filias to carry to not accidentally a streak. If there was no recharge bar I would not be playing any other characters even on low streak counts probably.

I'm kinda gonna lean on the other side here. I'd love love love to play without energy rules, but honestly, there does need to be a cost system in order to give forth a sense of "use what you have over time to play and enjoy the game". Mainly as in general the game isn't the original SG where the story is slightly more vague and you're just playing a fighting game.

This game is more leaning to RPG mechanics, so, you can't expect people to run willy nilly because then people can invest far more time to optimize their teams and literally lead to the meta and other properties of the game to be literally obsolete. AKA, you could have a total maxed out team in one weak for example because all someone did was grind dailies in one day, and the game didn't even release a new counter / meta to keep things balanced.

Now granted of course, from your perspective, Prize Fights are definitely something tough, we get it. But it's not something that has to do with the energy bar, if you gotta stick to your team of Filia's, that's kinda on you because you're allowed other areas to grind for exp too. And of course, on a off hand notice, I would pin that issue more to bringing back the old Arena / Action mode (I think it was? I don't recall the name as I played the beta loooong ago) so you can fight and get exp proportionate to the participating fighters.

Like @Tayla_The_Potato and @Snow have said, there does need to be some sort of balance here. I dislike the wait times myself, but that's why they instituted those energy chargers on the upgrades screen so you can recharge quicker. At this point, it's either no energy bar but ads every so often, or energy bars and HV / SG makes some small revenue over the theonite purchases aside from the relics. I for one, am fine with the energy bar because then I can always just switch fighters and maybe try fighting the lower tier (Because of course there's also more than 1 tier than just gold in Prize fights) for my lower leveled fighters. Even if it's an incentive to pay to recharge, really, it's a small price when you can just upgrade the recharge timer and have less time waiting anyway.

In the end? If you just wanna dive in to the fights and be done with it, stick to SG: 2nd encore! It's not like Mobile with stats and status effects, but it's the core SG fighting game we love.

If not? Welcome to the world of mobile gaming, the game (like many other mobile games) itself needs to stay within bounds of what customers can use in order not to fully progress faster than the Devs producing the game's meta, as well as have some sort of stable way to get revenue (I.E, rolls based on chance). Really saying, it's annoying at some points, but I'd say after building up your teams and sticking around a bit, you'll be there in no time!

yeah, I have a love/hate with energy meters, as well. but if I didn't have any energy meter, I would never have a chance at prize fights: I work 8 hours a day, and people with a gold team could grind all day. My scores would never come close without a limiting factor somewhere.

On the other hand, we ALL would love to keep fighting and levelling without the need to stop. that's not going to happen, though.

The only comprimise I can think of off the top of my head is if you lose less energy when you do better. Maybe only lose 1 of your energy bolts if you don't get hit once, for example (so reserve characters will gain XP faster, since they don't need to be changed as much as the mains)

You should max out the energy recharge rate for all your favorite units eventually, after about 5-7 units you’ll be self sustaining if you run 1 strong character with 2 carries.

I get it's a way to convince people to spend money in a free app to recharge their characters
The main goal of Energy is to encourage you to use your entire collection if you aim to play for longer periods of time.
Without Energy, there is very little incentive to not just build an unstoppable team of your three favourite golds and use those for every fight that allows it, steamrolling through content very quickly.

it's mostly irritating to people who know they won't spend money and have to wait for the ability to play with them again.
That's very understandable!
Energy is a lot more of an issue during the early game when you have a smaller collection.
Once you have a larger collection, you can spend that time you would spend waiting on leveling other variants and characters, helping them get to the power level of your main team.
(While also earning rewards and completing content like Prize Fights, Daily Events, Story Mode, Missions ... etc)

If you're really itching to complete something specific and you need to use your main team, then we try and give our players a reasonable amount of Theonite to use on Energy refreshes.
Missions alone generate ~60 Theonite a day, which comes to 12 character refreshes currently.

Perhaps not the answer you were hoping for, but I wanted to give some context for some the decision making behind the Energy system.
We really appreciate the feedback, and we always take posts like this into consideration in our never ending assessment of the games economy.

Honestly I feel like I have to play PF WAY too much to stay competitive. When I played Injustice 2, you could only play each character 3 times (or 2) per 12 hour period. Which, even that felt a lot. Honestly, I'd like to play PF a little less than more.

Plus, I don't know about you guys, but I have so many characters now, I don't have much room for more, I feel like my theonites is better spent to guarantee a gold than it is to get a ton of bronze I have zero desire for.

Honestly I feel like I have to play PF WAY too much to stay competitive. When I played Injustice 2, you could only play each character 3 times (or 2) per 12 hour period. Which, even that felt a lot. Honestly, I'd like to play PF a little less than more.

Plus, I don't know about you guys, but I have so many characters now, I don't have much room for more, I feel like my theonites is better spent to guarantee a gold than it is to get a ton of bronze I have zero desire for.
I agree that prize fights could use some additional limitations... I feel a bit compelled to tun my golds ragged for a chance to get anything.
As far as having a bunch of bronzes, you can always evolve them into silvers or use them to level up better fighters. I'm evolving quite a few.

Reactions: Gibraltor
I agree that prize fights could use some additional limitations... I feel a bit compelled to tun my golds ragged for a chance to get anything.
As far as having a bunch of bronzes, you can always evolve them into silvers or use them to level up better fighters. I'm evolving quite a few.
Ya, I definitely need to wear out my bronzes fast so I can start using them for other purposes, mwuhahahaha! Anyway, ya, I am spending too many hours at work playing this dang game to ensure that I can get a gold character. I would definitely like a little reprieve.

agree with the game to use energy currently and cosmetic micro-transactions as long as it does not interfere in gameplay that brings an income to developers bringing a range of content to us improvements and performance. more characters improvements in graphics plus monthly adjustments, new modes new scenarios and content in general. More so we have to make it a discussion we have a forum that is worthy of being the best of all the games I've played with active and dedicated ADM. There is no toxic part of the community I see that everyone here is passionate about the game and they are in harmony so we must think well in this choice so that we can all play the game and contribute with $$ when it gives.

Thanks to all who have read.

Last edited: