• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Game Mechanics Tweaks

Goatman302

Reaction score
First off big fan of the game, it’s well done and in taste of the real game. I do however have a few problems others may or may not share and I’d like to discuss them here.

1. Unblockables gotta go, not only are they not fun to fight against but with certain moves can easily turn fights, for example my Painwheel with unblockable charge attacks forces the target to reel back in a staffer state allowing for free full combos, and due to how easy it is to set up for it on a new player tag in or off the ground recovery can be abused heavily. I request we take out unblocks on supers and charge attacks, instead just make them have heavy armor.

2. Unfinchable buff is easily OP, as you can just hit anyone out of anything that isn’t a grab or super. Consider turning this down a bit so it just gives first hit armor maybe?

3. This is more quality of life then anything, possibly the ability to click the opponents fighter and see what they got or atleast see their signature ability.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this!

Ah so after a bit more time playing I also see a few other things I feel need a tweak so Ill just add em on here:

4. Gold earned in harder and higher tiered missions to not raise with the fights and thus are ultimately not worth it. For example I just completed a fight in story mode versus a 6.6k Team on Expert mode and only got 900 Gold, considering how much it costs to upgrade moves or fighters this is not going to cover anything. Could really use a ramp up here.

5. I've had a couple times where the game force closes during a Prize fight just after I click battle, because of how the game works I lose the four energy for each fighter, but due to the crash it counts as not only in instant lost (losing whatever streak you may have) it also takes the energy away. This doesn't happen that often (say like once every two weeks) but it is something I hope to see fixed at some point.

6. A way in collection screen to auto sell all dupes of moves you already own and are unleveled, as clicking over 300+ moves can be quite a hassle.

Thank you to anyone who is reading this! Good day to yall.

Glad you still enjoy the game and I’m glad to say that your points do have logic to them but personally I disagree with a few of them, so let me reply to each in turn.

1. Unblockables are one of the few things that come as a predictable guarantee in this game and do not depend on chance, only upgrades. While it is very frustrating to be defeated by a BB3 (Blockbuster tier 3, the strongest), part of the game experience is learning to play around that and accommodating for it in your playstyle. I find that the AI fighters are very obvious in their use of charge attacks and usually hold them for the full duration so they are not difficult to avoid, while they are very useful on the player’s side yet inefficient enough not to be too game-breaking – you won’t have any fun spamming charge attacks against an opponent built purely around HP and defence so you will have to be more creative. Also remember that fighters cannot be hit during their non-attacking tag-ins or while getting up off the floor but are still able to queue Blockbusters to activate the very moment that they are vulnerable again (unless the opponent is waiting to attack with their BB3), which is a very good way to counter charge attacks. The problem is that the AI currently is quite silly and prefers to try to block the charge attack rather than using an effective counter, so an update to its behaviour will solve this issue.

2. Many of us will empathise with you and recall the times we have struggled against Armed Forces Cerebella, Untouchable Peacock and the Immovable Object modifier, but after learning the appropriate counters we eventually recognised it as a staple of the game that requires just a little bit more thought than other buffs and debuffs. Don’t underestimate throws, and learn to make the AI tag out to remove the unflinching. I don’t know how long you have been playing but please be thankful that now at least Blockbusters are not stopped by unflinching; it used to be hell before so now it’s heaven in comparison.

3. This already exists! Unless I’ve terribly misinterpreted what you mean, you will find all of the information you are looking for in the pause menu during any match. It gives you all of the details about the state of the battlefield at the moment you paused, though it does not go to the extreme depth of telling you both sides’ statistics. This is okay in my opinion as knowing absolutely everything about your enemy ruins the fun of the encounter.

4. While 900 gold on its own does not seem like much, it stacks up quite quickly. Also, you are not meant to use single story fights as your main source of income, but rather a mixture of all available features, as well as the massive bonuses at the ends of acts/chapters in the story. Have you unlocked prize fights yet? You may find garnering finances much easier in that mode; you should also try to 100% complete any story chapters that you can because I suspect that you may have rushed through the bare minimum number of stages required to advance the plot and missed out on large payouts.

5. The Hidden Variable Studios developers are always trying to work out these bugs, especially ones that crash the game and end streaks like that. Try to keep an eye out for things that may be related to the crashes and report your findings to the bugs & issues subforum we have here. Check to see if the glitch has already had a thread made on it first, though.

6. This could seem useful to you at the moment, but when you acquire enough duplicates of moves you will start to compare the stat boosts that they have attached to them and selling these moves in bulk could become problematic; the current bulk sell feature is actually quite clever in this way (whether intentionally or not) as it may cause you to come to this realisation sooner rather than later. I appreciate your pain, though. Maybe try to develop a habit of dealing with new moves as soon as you get them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Luke
3. This is more quality of life then anything, possibly the ability to click the opponents fighter and see what they got or atleast see their signature ability.
do you mean a feature where you can click on an enemy fighter in the opponent selection screen to see their SA? because that could be extremely useful.

do you mean a feature where you can click on an enemy fighter in the opponent selection screen to see their SA? because that could be extremely useful.
Yes I mean that during the set up before the fight even starts, as it would help me set up my game plan.

Glad you still enjoy the game and I’m glad to say that your points do have logic to them but personally I disagree with a few of them, so let me reply to each in turn.

1. Unblockables are one of the few things that come as a predictable guarantee in this game and do not depend on chance, only upgrades. While it is very frustrating to be defeated by a BB3 (Blockbuster tier 3, the strongest), part of the game experience is learning to play around that and accommodating for it in your playstyle. I find that the AI fighters are very obvious in their use of charge attacks and usually hold them for the full duration so they are not difficult to avoid, while they are very useful on the player’s side yet inefficient enough not to be too game-breaking – you won’t have any fun spamming charge attacks against an opponent built purely around HP and defence so you will have to be more creative. Also remember that fighters cannot be hit during their non-attacking tag-ins or while getting up off the floor but are still able to queue Blockbusters to activate the very moment that they are vulnerable again (unless the opponent is waiting to attack with their BB3), which is a very good way to counter charge attacks. The problem is that the AI currently is quite silly and prefers to try to block the charge attack rather than using an effective counter, so an update to its behaviour will solve this issue.

2. Many of us will empathise with you and recall the times we have struggled against Armed Forces Cerebella, Untouchable Peacock and the Unstoppable Force modifier, but after learning the appropriate counters we eventually recognised it as a staple of the game that requires just a little bit more thought than other buffs and debuffs. Don’t underestimate throws, and learn to make the AI tag out to remove the unflinching. I don’t know how long you have been playing but please be thankful that now at least Blockbusters are not stopped by unflinching; it used to be hell before so now it’s heaven in comparison.

3. This already exists! Unless I’ve terribly misinterpreted what you mean, you will find all of the information you are looking for in the pause menu during any match. It gives you all of the details about the state of the battlefield at the moment you paused, though it does not go to the extreme depth of telling you both sides’ statistics. This is okay in my opinion as knowing absolutely everything about your enemy ruins the fun of the encounter.

4. While 900 gold on its own does not seem like much, it stacks up quite quickly. Also, you are not meant to use single story fights as your main source of income, but rather a mixture of all available features, as well as the massive bonuses at the ends of acts/chapters in the story. Have you unlocked prize fights yet? You may find garnering finances much easier in that mode; you should also try to 100% complete any story chapters that you can because I suspect that you may have rushed through the bare minimum number of stages required to advance the plot and missed out on large payouts.

5. The Hidden Variable Studios developers are always trying to work out these bugs, especially ones that crash the game and end streaks like that. Try to keep an eye out for things that may be related to the crashes and report your findings to the bugs & issues subforum we have here. Check to see if the glitch has already had a thread made on it first, though.

6. This could seem useful to you at the moment, but when you acquire enough duplicates of moves you will start to compare the stat boosts that they have attached to them and selling these moves in bulk could become problematic; the current bulk sell feature is actually quite clever in this way (whether intentionally or not) as it may cause you to come to this realisation sooner rather than later. I appreciate your pain, though. Maybe try to develop a habit of dealing with new moves as soon as you get them?

Hey thanks for the big post, I thank you for taking the time to look into what I’m talking about and you bring up some good points. Alright now to counter point and fix a few misunderstandings.

First things first:

I’m level 39 in game so indeed I got plenty of time invested in this game. I understand there is more ways to make gold other then story, I just wish to be rewarded a “fair” amount to toughness of fight.

On another note my whole gripe with Unflinching and Unblockable is just to the fact I’ve lost countless fights to something I have no chance to stop. The number of times I’ve lost a 15 streak in arena to a BB3 is just too high, if I’m going to lose I’d atleast want it to be because I wasn’t blocking right or mistiming, not to something I’m forced to eat and thus lose too. I do understand the counters to Unflinching, but the problem here is if it comes out to early you can’t really force a tag out on the AI, and throws are easily countered by the AI at higher levels. I’d hate to have to start using force tag moves (since really I can get better use out of most Taunts)

As for your three I’m suggesting the ability to see it on the fight screen before you even click to battle, I know about in game, I just want to be able to think up an attack plan prior hand.

As for my load of moves, I don’t see any form way to sell in bulk? Where is it? I do know about altered stats I’m just talking about selling all my bronzes quickly.

Again thank you for reading!

Reactions: Psyche
As for my load of moves, I don’t see any form way to sell in bulk? Where is it? I do know about altered stats I’m just talking about selling all my bronzes quickly.
On the My Collection page there's a big SELL button down on the bottom. Tap that and it will allow you to select up to 50 SMs/BBs that you can sell all at once.

Reactions: Psyche
What about a new status effect that is a debuff that increases the amount of knockback taken from hits or something? Anything that sounds like the opposite of unflinching. Then inflicting it would remove it, a bit like armour break used to remove invincibility. I don’t think that would work very well, though, because yellow buffs are meant not meant to have an opposite, per se. I suppose in my opinion Diamond Defence should have its duration reduced and that would be sufficient, but feel free to share your own balance ideas.
Oh, and it appears that I mentioned the wrong modifier in my original post – I meant to say Immovable Object (permanent unflinching), not Unstoppable Force (chance for invincibility when hit).

I’m just talking about selling all my bronzes quickly.
Along with what Cellsai said about how to sell up to 50 moves at once, you can also go into the filter settings using the icon at the bottom right and select bronze to be the only rarity that appears to make it even easier, or tap the ‘tier’ sorting option twice to make it sort in ascending order (bronze, silver and then gold) which is what I do whenever I get a batch of fighters or have lots of non-gold prizes from the prize fight and want to sell them.

I’m suggesting the ability to see it on the fight screen before you even click to battle, I know about in game, I just want to be able to think up an attack plan prior hand.
Ah, I see what you mean now. My mistake. Well, I agree that this would be useful in prize fights... maybe a bit too useful to the point the game is no longer challenging because you can predict everything that is going to come at you.
In story modes and daily events, however, this simply won’t work at all (in my opinion) because the AI are equipped with a new, different loadout of totally random gear with every single fight and I don’t see the point in getting to know in advance that a single Valentine has decided to equip her taunt three times over in different rarities.

Last edited:
So Psyche when I'm talking about being able to see what they got, i'm talking about in Prize Fights only during the part where you pick one of three teams to fight, I would like this as way to many times I've taken a fight and lost because I forgot a certain color style of a char had an ability that just rekts me and I just can't quite remember everyone that could ruin my streaks.

I don't wish to see their moves, just there signature abilities, just so I know what to expect to put up with.

As for selling in bulk, I also misunderstood, I know about the ability to select 50 of em at a time, but I thought there was some form of auto sell that just auto sells things you would tell it to sell. But since there isn't I would like to see that, since really I've never required a bronze move for a long time and would like to be able to just click "Sell All Level 1 Bronzes" and be done with it, but hey I'll enjoy the Bulk that we do have now.

On another note I thought of something else I would like to see "tweaked" I guess would be the way to put it,

Just to change the values of how much energy is used in Prize Fights as atm doing two runs with one team and having left over energy seems like a waste, either up the number to 5 so it's clean or down it to 3 so you get three runs (which I would prefer but I'd take either) This is more a nitpick on my end and I don't mind if this doesn't get changed, but it still bugs me to hell and back to see that left over energy lol.