• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"STAGE FRIGHT" - Speculation and Discussion

Liam

!Robot
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Stage Fright.jpg

This thread is for discussing the upcoming Bronze Squigly variant, "STAGE FRIGHT"
Feel free to speculate to your heart's content, and make sure to keep on eye on our social media for some clues on how her Signature Ability functions!

That's definitely my absolute favourite pose! I wonder if her SA will maybe relate to disabling debuffs, because a key symptom of the eponymous stage fright is being too afraid to speak, or being silenced, and I've seen many games where the RPG element of the 'silenced' status effect meaning that the victim's abilities have been shut down.

That's definitely my absolute favourite pose! I wonder if her SA will maybe relate to disabling debuffs, because a key symptom of the eponymous stage fright is being too afraid to speak, or being silenced, and I've seen many games where the RPG element of the 'silenced' status effect meaning that the victim's abilities have been shut down.
You're somewhat right the video on twitter shows hex on hit with a new debuff called curse. The only curse i know is from Pokemon but it doesnt look like it does damage over time.

Reactions: Al Qedic
what if curse disables the character ability? it's not evident in the video, just throwing the idea out there...
Assuming its a disable it could disable any stat upgrades (though that sounds quite overpowered, especially on a bronze). Or maybe disable certain buffs like how armor break or cripple kinda does?

Assuming its a disable it could disable any stat upgrades (though that sounds quite overpowered, especially on a bronze). Or maybe disable certain buffs like how armor break or cripple kinda does?
then it could be the counter to invincible or unflinching, which Big Top gets upon first dying. that could be the hint, besides being a bit redundant with hex already in play in this scenario. her SA may also activate on hit when the opponent drops below 26% health (guesstimate from video)
or it disables the element bonus stat since its dark vs light

then it could be the counter to invincible or unflinching, which Big Top gets upon first dying. that could be the hint, besides being a bit redundant with hex already in play in this scenario. her SA may also activate on hit when the opponent drops below 26% health (guesstimate from video)
or it disables the element bonus stat since its dark vs light
Yeah the hex makes it tough to tell :( probably intentional?

Squigly: Stage Fright
Ability: "Memento Mori" and Hex
Disable all positive effects and special abilities.
The character can not use the skills such as revive, healing and immunity are not activated.
Duration of the skills from 5 to 15 seconds.

signature ability predictions based on the teaser on twitter

-after blocking 5 standard hits, the first hit will inflict hex for 15 seconds, disabling opponent Signature Ability
-also inflict Curse for 15 seconds, preventing the opponent from receiving any buffs for the duration of the effect

-if Squigly has any character ability stacks, the first hit after blocking standard attacks will inflict hex for 15 seconds
-also inflict curse for 15 seconds

I don’t have much to say about this one, but I really hope hex isn’t part of the character ability, because i need that for everything honestly. Just imagine that with dead heat’s unblockable attacks...