• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Moisterrific's Cerebella Tier List and Recommended Builds

moisterrific

Reaction score
7hZ3GHu.png

Character ability: BALANCING ACT
  • THROW BREAKS cause enemies to be STAGGERED

Tier 1: Harlequin
Rarity: gold
Element: fire
Max ATK: 6075
Max HP: 28934
Max FS: 11138
Signature ability: SPECIAL ATTRACTION
  • SPECIAL MOVE damage is increased by 20% for all teammates
  • COOLDOWN for SPECIAL MOVES is reduced by 35% for all teammates
Stats: +100% ATK, +35% defence, +50% meter gain
Resistances: stun, bleed, disable
Moves:
  • Excellebella BB2
  • Diamonds Are Forever BB2
  • Diamond Dynamo BB1
  • Pummel Horse
  • Merry Go-rilla

Tier 2: Brain Freeze
Rarity: gold
Element: water
Max ATK: 5282
Max HP: 32.2K
Max FS: 10.9K
Signature ability: FROZEN OVER
  • ATTACK damage is increased by 3% of your CURRENT HEALTH
  • Damage inflicted by the opponent is reduced by 3% of current COMBO HIT
Stats: +100% ATK, +35% defence +50% HP
Moves:
  • Excellebella BB2
  • Diamond Dynamo BB1
  • Pummel Horse
  • Merry Go-rilla

Tier 3: Armed Forces
Rarity: gold (exclusive)
Element: air
Max ATK: 4488
Max HP: 35382
Max FS: 10614
Signature ability: DIAMOND DEFENCE
  • Getting HIT has a 5% chance to grant ARMOR for 15 seconds.
  • Also gain UNFLINCHING for 15 seconds
Stats: +35% defence, +50% ATK, +100% HP
Resistances: armor break, bleed, stun
Moves:
  • Excellebella BB2
  • Diamond Dynamo BB1
  • Pummel Horse
  • Merry Go-rilla

Tier 4: Headstrong
Rarity: bronze (worth evolving to silver and gold)
Element: light
Max ATK: 4942
Max HP: 23410
Max FS: 9038
Signature ability: BIG BREAK
  • THROWS have a 50% chance to inflict CRIPPLE for 7 seconds
  • Also inflict ARMOR BREAK for 7 seconds
Moves:
  • Excellebella BB2
  • Diamond Dynamo BB1
  • Pummel Horse
  • Merry Go-rilla

Tier 5: Big Top
Rarity: silver (worth evolving to gold)
Element: light
Max ATK: 3857
Max HP: 30327
Max FS: 9107
Signature ability: ENCORE
  • Once per match, RESURRECT with 50% HEALTH when defeated
  • RESURRECT with INVINCIBLE and UNFLINCHING for 6 seconds
Stats: +100% ATK, +35% defence, +50% HP
Resistances: bleed, armor break, stun
Moves:
  • Excellebella BB2
  • Diamond Dynamo BB1
  • Pummel Horse
  • Merry Go-rilla

Tier 6: Gray Matter
Rarity: silver
Element: dark
Max ATK: 4521
Max HP: 27557
Max FS: 9314
Signature ability: HAT TRICK
  • Start every match with 20% meter for all BLOCKBUSTERS
  • Teammates start every match with 20% meter for all BLOCKBUSTERS
Resistances: disable, stun, bleed
Moves:
  • Excellebella BB2
  • Diamond Dynamo BB1
  • Pummel Horse
  • Merry Go-rilla

Tier 7: Understudy
Rarity: bronze (worth evolving to silver and gold)
Element: water
Max ATK: 3889
Max HP: 23621
Max FS: 7998
Signature ability: THROW DOWN
  • Gain a 50% bonus to THROW damage
  • All teammates gain a 50% bonus to THROW damage
Moves:
  • Excellebella BB2
  • Diamond Dynamo BB1
  • Pummel Horse
  • Merry Go-rilla

Special moves:

Blockbusters:

Last edited:
I've come to find Cereblla is my nightmare. I block and look for openings to get in and counter but a lot of the time she is just too fast to start blocking again.

For instance, I usually play Filia. When Cereblla does her charge, I wait it out and immediately dash in for the combo, but she already has her guard back up and I get punished. Same for if she doesn't end her combo with a low or high tech, she always gets the first auto in faster and gets another combo off. Is there a certain swing I should start a guaranteed counter combo on?

I've come to find Cereblla is my nightmare. I block and look for openings to get in and counter but a lot of the time she is just too fast to start blocking again.

For instance, I usually play Filia. When Cereblla does her charge, I wait it out and immediately dash in for the combo, but she already has her guard back up and I get punished. Same for if she doesn't end her combo with a low or high tech, she always gets the first auto in faster and gets another combo off. Is there a certain swing I should start a guaranteed counter combo on?

Wait for her to stop attacking then combo her. Cerebella is a good counter to Cerebella since you can just stay blocked and let her try to throw you and then you break that throw and she'll be staggered. More than enough time to counter attack when she's staggered, assuming she doesn't have the burst move.

Um, Understudy's Throw Down grants 50% extra damage to throws, not 15% (it does 15% when purchased, and 30% with one upgrade), and I can't say for sure yet (I haven't given mine all of her signature ability skills yet), but I'd bet that it grants 50% extra throw damage to teammates too.
Also, do you know if Throw Down affects Cerebella's (and, by extension, other characters') throw-type moves, such as Diamond Drop (also, that works like a throw, right?)?

Also, what makes Headstrong better than Understudy? Because those are the only Cerebellas I have at the moment (hoping to change that when the guaranteed-to-get-a-Cerebella Relic comes around), and I'm not sure how a 50% chance of status effects on throws is better than a flat 50% extra damage on throws.

Also, what makes Headstrong better than Understudy? Because those are the only Cerebellas I have at the moment (hoping to change that when the guaranteed-to-get-a-Cerebella Relic comes around), and I'm not sure how a 50% chance of status effects on throws is better than a flat 50% extra damage on throws.

While a Flat damage boost is not a terrible thing, You often find at higher level play that AI will utilize characters or modifiers to afflict themselves with armor and/or enrage. Not only that but applying Cripple and Armor break on throws increases your damage by a similar, if not the same, amount as a flat 50% once status is applied.

While a Flat damage boost is not a terrible thing, You often find at higher level play that AI will utilize characters or modifiers to afflict themselves with armor and/or enrage. Not only that but applying Cripple and Armor break on throws increases your damage by a similar, if not the same, amount as a flat 50% once status is applied.
Ah, I think I understand. I'll have to give Headstrong a chance in the future if I don't get lucky and pull a non-Bronze Cerebella soon, since she sounds pretty alright from what you're saying (plus, from doing today's Walking The Beat fights (and barely surviving an Argus Agony earlier today because Resonant Evil Big Band's Master of Unblocking happened 3 times during it and nullified most of the tiny bullets), yeah, Armor can be really annoying, so that Armor Break chance sounds really useful).
Thanks, mate.

Um, Understudy's Throw Down grants 50% extra damage to throws, not 15% (it does 15% when purchased, and 30% with one upgrade), and I can't say for sure yet (I haven't given mine all of her signature ability skills yet), but I'd bet that it grants 50% extra throw damage to teammates too.
Also, do you know if Throw Down affects Cerebella's (and, by extension, other characters') throw-type moves, such as Diamond Drop (also, that works like a throw, right?)?

I'll update it with the corrections, and yes moves that count as throws will receive a damage boost. Moves like Merry Go-rilla, Diamond Drop, Grab Bag, Pummel Horse, etc.

50% is a pretty good chance when most moves you equip are throw based, a fully upgraded Headstrong can inflict both cripple and armor break on your enemy so it improves your survivability by 25% and makes them take 25% more damage from all sources, not only increased throw damage like Understudy.

Maybe this is just me being nitpicky/biased because I evolved my Understudy to gold, but I don't get why Understudy is rated lower than Headstrong.

Understudy's guaranteed 50% extra damage increase is amazing if you run multiple Cerebella or throw skills. Additionally, Headstrong's ability is a 50% chance and the effect is only around for 7 seconds. Not to mention the fact that if you do proc her ability (which you're only going to do with skills/bbs because normal throws will get teched majority of the time) if you aren't able to combo immediately after the throw, the ability isn't really helping all that much. Additionally, if you need armor break, Cerebella always has access to battle butt.

Yeah you're right, with the current way of how the game handles effects inflicted during the animation of moves and blockbusters, Understudy is actually a better fighter than Headstrong. I've updated the list accordingly.

Updated for 1.5

Added Brain Freeze to the list

I do wonder about Brain Freeze's 11.5K Fighter Score. How much HP and attack does she have? :3 Or is fighter score completely irrelevant and tier list is more focused on their signature abilities? :3 If she has quite a lot of HP and this affects her attack via a bonus, I think she could be very hard to beat

I do wonder about Brain Freeze's 11.5K Fighter Score. How much HP and attack does she have? :3 Or is fighter score completely irrelevant and tier list is more focused on their signature abilities? :3 If she has quite a lot of HP and this affects her attack via a bonus, I think she could be very hard to beat

There's a lot of factors that influence where a fighter is ranked on the tier list. Signature ability has probably the most influence, and we don't know how much ATK and HP Brain Freeze has until maintenance ends and she becomes obtainable.

Brain Freeze is gonna be as easy to beat as any other Cerebella, since her SA will only turn damage that exceed 35 combo to 0. Not a lot of attacks will hit past that, and the high combo characters and attacks usually do significant damage before their damage is reduced to 0.

There's a lot of factors that influence where a fighter is ranked on the tier list. Signature ability has probably the most influence, and we don't know how much ATK and HP Brain Freeze has until maintenance ends and she becomes obtainable.

Brain Freeze is gonna be as easy to beat as any other Cerebella, since her SA will only turn damage that exceed 35 combo to 0. Not a lot of attacks will hit past that, and the high combo characters and attacks usually do significant damage before their damage is reduced to 0.

In the 1.5 update notes thread, Cerebella has 11.5k fighter score, which is higher than the 10.9k max FS in your thread? I haven't been able to obtain a brain freeze yet but I would love to have 3 Cerebella's as my core defense team, just because Computer AI seems extremely strong on Cerebella for some reason :3 Any other character in the game is so easily beatable.

In the 1.5 update notes thread, Cerebella has 11.5k fighter score, which is higher than the 10.9k max FS in your thread? I haven't been able to obtain a brain freeze yet but I would love to have 3 Cerebella's as my core defense team, just because Computer AI seems extremely strong on Cerebella for some reason :3 Any other character in the game is so easily beatable.
I find Cerebella to be one of the most easy AI to fight against. Painwheel and Big Band in the other hand are hella annoying.

I find Cerebella to be one of the most easy AI to fight against. Painwheel and Big Band in the other hand are hella annoying.
Huh. I agree on Painwheel because AI likes to mix up normals, but Big Band for me competes with Filia for the easiest opponent. AI absolutely can't use specials and BBs except Beat Extend. Cymbal Clash and Supersonc Jazz are spammed on cooldown without any consideration if AI can even hit anything with them. Meanwhile with bella AI can throw you anywhere anytime and rarely misuses specials and BBs.

Huh. I agree on Painwheel because AI likes to mix up normals, but Big Band for me competes with Filia for the easiest opponent. AI absolutely can't use specials and BBs except Beat Extend. Cymbal Clash and Supersonc Jazz are spammed on cooldown without any consideration if AI can even hit anything with them. Meanwhile with bella AI can throw you anywhere anytime and rarely misuses specials and BBs.

I fight Diaz's and Blue's team all the time (they have 2 maxed Harlequins) and most of the time Cerebella uses MGR when she's across the room from my fighter. There was this one time where Diaz's Harlequin who had 5 MGR used up all of them at once while I was out of range, it was hilariously bad and I wish I recorded that.

Reactions: Tom Kulczewski
Hi what is it meant by stats, is that in the skill tree or something?

Reactions: Yomady
Hi what is it meant by stats, is that in the skill tree or something?

They are quite literally that stat a Special Move/Blockbuster gives you by leveling it up.

In short, the best stats, and the ones you want to see in almost every SM/BB are ATK%, DEF, Meter Gain, HP% and sometimes Crit Rate.

Which move is Excellabella? Do you mean Ultimate Showstopper? Grab Bag? Color me confused :/