• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

What are the little important things that new players usually don't know about?

Papyrus1910

Reaction score
Anything, ranging from fight strategies to resource management, etc.
Some of mine:
- Never EVER sacrifice a Gold/Silver fighter.
- Pay attention to Signature Abilities.
- Don't buy relics one by one.
Those are all I can think of, do you guys have any suggestions?

Apart from the special nodes that specify certain entry conditions, it really doesn't matter who you use in main story mode as you can make any variant powerful enough to clear Ascent of a Woman on Expert. Go for whoever you like the look of most!

One I'm glad I caught early on when I started back in December; focus on a character's Character Ability section of their skill tree first. You don't have to immediately max it out, but at least unlock the first node or two with the handful of skill points you're given from the start. Worry about the Energy Cooldown tree last. Also, save your Canopy Coins and Skill Points for a bit once you have a character decently levelled and their skill tree decently filled. No need to splurge all that gold all at once. I like saving up a lot and unlocking a handful of nodes at a time. Just be wary you're not eating through too much of your money, though. Also, don't use Theonite to unlock nodes. It's just not worth it. Use those shiny blue rocks to summon clones of people from alternate dimensions instead! :D

Bit more maybe-possibly-probably-not controversial tip; always begin a match by blocking. SGM has far less opportunities to evade attacks by, say, jumping than the PC/Console games do, so blocking is your best bet to avoid getting comboed from the start of a round. By all means, mix it up a bit and start with a grab or a dashback or even a ground combo on occasion, but your mileage may vary there in terms of success.

Reactions: B_W and Psyche