• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Prize Fight(s) Problem(?)

TasiaChaan

Reaction score
It's just me or lately, the PF opponents are abnormaly agresive than before and the health meter are reduced quickly. I cannot handle all of my team and opponent's team keep attacking mine. Usually I can handle them.

One more, the Fighter Scores on top order are drastically increase from 9k to 15k. That's really bother me...

- played for 4 months

Last edited:
The prize fights were adjusted to offer an easy team, medium team, and hard team for each fight. That’s why you see the three teams have such different fight scores. It’s all in the 2.4 notes.

I wouldn’t say the AI are abnormally aggressive compared to version 2.3. I have noticed they use unblockable BBs more often and aren’t as susceptible to certain cheese techniques as before.

Reactions: JazzWasHere
The prize fights were adjusted to offer an easy team, medium team, and hard team for each fight. That’s why you see the three teams have such different fight scores. It’s all in the 2.4 notes.
Not the team order.
I mean, like the "above" team, say streak 8, was 8k. At 9th streak, they drastically increased into 15k.

Also, I didn't complain about the new PF system, however I became more interested and motivated to get higher streak.

Last edited:
i agree with the abnormal agression of low level AI. it's much aggressive even in low streak. before 2.4, before 15 streak(which means lower than 30k enemies) i could beat enemy with only one fighter, so it's easier to feed exp to low level fighters.

maybe it's some kind of 'behind the scene work' i think.

restoring winning streak costs theonite. so they would adjusted AI harder to get users' theonite.

it's kind of "mobile game's cheap, getting quick-buck profit structure" thing. i hate these kinda thing. it's official cheating to extort users.

i agree with the abnormal agression of low level AI. it's much aggressive even in low streak. before 2.4, before 15 streak(which means lower than 30k enemies) i could beat enemy with only one fighter, so it's easier to feed exp to low level fighters.

restoring winning streak costs theonite. so they would adjusted AI harder to get users' theonite.

it's kind of "mobile game's cheap, getting quick-buck profit structure" thing. i hate these kinda thing. it's official cheating to extort users.
I agree with you, but never thinking with "cheating" part. I don't think it's a cheat, but maybe a little bug things

Reactions: Yomady
I agree with you, but never thinking with "cheating" part. I don't think it's a cheat, but maybe a little bug things
i think it's not a bug, in point of being intended feature. it was(precisely, 'would have been')intended by devs to become stronger, so it's the "mobile game money making science", not a bug.

Reactions: Yomady
i think it's not a bug, in point of being intended feature. it was(precisely, 'would have been')intended by devs to become stronger, so it's the "mobile game money making science", not a bug.
Ah, stupid me. The highest streaks I beat only reach below 15, the rest are reset.

I prefer to reset my streaks than use theonites.

It does feel like the opponent AI is a bit more aggressive now, but I don’t see it as exploitative myself. I just think of it as an increased challenge. And nobody’s forcing you to use the streak restorations so I don’t think that’s too much of a greed issue.

It does feel like the opponent AI is a bit more aggressive now, but I don’t see it as exploitative myself. I just think of it as an increased challenge. And nobody’s forcing you to use the streak restorations so I don’t think that’s too much of a greed issue.
do you really think it's OK to make a non-essential money making "tricks" with 'no single notation', and 'with no forcing'? i don't think so.

do you really think it's OK to make a non-essential money making "tricks" with 'no single notation', and 'with no forcing'? i don't think so.
Well, yes. The game is free to play, so in order for the developers to make any money at all the only things they can do are in-app purchases and advertisements. Hidden Variable Studios is a proud, independent (sort of) company so they chose to go with the former over the latter. However, the in-app purchases are not necessary for the game to be played and enjoyed. In this situation, a new feature has been implemented that allows you to restore your win streak for a fee. You do not have to take it. This is perfectly fair. Nothing was done to obstruct gameplay. The tweaks to prize fights (difficulty, arrangement, presentation) were always going to happen, anyway. So yes, I think what they have done is OK. I don't really understand what you mean by "no single notation" though.

Well, yes. The game is free to play, so in order for the developers to make any money at all the only things they can do are in-app purchases and advertisements. Hidden Variable Studios is a proud, independent (sort of) company so they chose to go with the former over the latter. However, the in-app purchases are not necessary for the game to be played and enjoyed. In this situation, a new feature has been implemented that allows you to restore your win streak for a fee. You do not have to take it. This is perfectly fair. Nothing was done to obstruct gameplay. The tweaks to prize fights (difficulty, arrangement, presentation) were always going to happen, anyway. So yes, I think what they have done is OK. I don't really understand what you mean by "no single notation" though.
"The game is free to play, so in order for the developers to make any money at all the only things they can do are in-app purchases and advertisements"
i know you would say this. every man who shields game company says this. and now for my word.

actually, it's not a "sin" for a game making company to trying to earn bucks. cuz they are not charities. but it becomes problem when the way they take for moneymaking is wrong. if HV just noticed about AI's adjustment and the purpose of it, me and Tasia(the thread creator) would admit it. it's just become problem cuz they didn't noticed to us such an important thing, and making AI harder .

and, no forcing, so it's OK? that's also wrong.
problem is on their idea, thinking, purpose. you should focus on "why" did they make it, not "how" did they make it, when it becomes to these kinda problem.
it "seems" OK cuz there's no forcing. but what this AI issue suggest is that they can present a plausible system for making money and do much of the work "behind" them.

I think they said something about the AI being less "sploitable" in the Patch Notes. I guess the extra aggressive nature of the AI is just something that come with it. To be really fair, I didn't really notice that harsh of a difference. The only times I got BB3-ed was when I tried to use an Unlockable Charge Attack and when I used some attacks while the AI was blocking.

Anyways, I like the AI being more agressive, it feels like a challenge without increasing the difficulty (for me). I just think they improved the AI so you couldn't lock then in a corner spamming Cerebella's Charge until they were dead

Reactions: Inked and Psyche
but I'm writing this just to share it. not demeaning the game. please do not ban me, SG team. I'm afraid

but I'm writing this just to share it. not demeaning the game. please do not ban me, SG team. I'm afraid
Don’t worry. You won’t get banned just for sharing your opinion, especially a constructive one like this.
"The game is free to play, so in order for the developers to make any money at all the only things they can do are in-app purchases and advertisements"
i know you would say this. every man who shields game company says this. and now for my word.

actually, it's not a "sin" for a game making company to trying to earn bucks. cuz they are not charities. but it becomes problem when the way they take for moneymaking is wrong. if HV just noticed about AI's adjustment and the purpose of it, me and Tasia(the thread creator) would admit it. it's just become problem cuz they didn't noticed to us such an important thing, and making AI harder .

and, no forcing, so it's OK? that's also wrong.
problem is on their idea, thinking, purpose. you should focus on "why" did they make it, not "how" did they make it, when it becomes to these kinda problem.
it "seems" OK cuz there's no forcing. but what this AI issue suggest is that they can present a plausible system for making money and do much of the work "behind" them.
As noted by @MatDestruction above, none of these changes are ‘behind the scenes’ or ‘under the hood’ because they were all publicised and explained out loud to everyone that put the effort into reading the patch notes. There is nothing sneaky going on here. The only way they could have been any more transparent, explicit and obvious is if they literally said “we need to make more money so here’s a new way to spend money in the game" but that would be ridiculous.

Aaand this Elemental PF just get me more salt because I always get STUNed from these opponents. After the STUN mod. innactive, there's another incoming STUN and I lost my streak even I doing nothing in fights (curse you, continous STUNs) These opponents are unstopable today.

With the Elemental Prize Fights, do the fight modifiers only affect enemy fighter of that element? Or does "part 2" of the modifier apply to all enemy fighters?

I was in a fight just now where a Dread Locks Filia used used Widow's Peak on me, and I got stunned from it. Nowhere in the BB or in Dread Lock's abilities should a stun have been applied, so it could only be the fight modifier. But Dread Locks is Light, and Flash Point modifier says in the beginning "Fire Element Fighters".
Aaand this Elemental PF just get me more salt because I always get STUNed from these opponents. After the STUN mod. innactive, there's another incoming STUN and I lost my streak even I doing nothing in fights (curse you, continous STUNs) These opponents are unstopable today.
Yeah it's especially annoying since the AI in 2.4 like to throw out BB3's more often, and with no way to defend against them, it's essentially a guaranteed loss at higher streaks no matter how good you are.

Yeah it's especially annoying since the AI in 2.4 like to throw out BB3's more often, and with no way to defend against them, it's essentially a guaranteed loss at higher streaks no matter how good you are.

I don't want to blame the game, but I agree with you and it's make me more un-motivated to reach the high streak

With the Elemental Prize Fights, do the fight modifiers only affect enemy fighter of that element? Or does "part 2" of the modifier apply to all enemy fighters?
and I think it's applied to all after the fire one

and I think it's applied to all after the fire one
The reason I'm confused is that normally, fight modifiers are separated and have their own skull symbol. But in this case, it's like two modifiers in one slot: one that affects Fire characters only, and one that affects all characters. If the second part of the elemental PF modifiers is not specific to a particular element, it should be counted as a totally separate modifier so there is no confusion about who it affects.

You should of seen the match where Big Band just starred me in the eyes standing there where I had low health and one blockbuster and if I released block (believe I know this game) he would react. Its the only ever time I've had a moment like this where the ai just stood staring right in my face... I laughed so hard at it which it was very aggressive. Honestly however you exploit situations yourself and its very easy to do... For example with Parasoul earlier I done a combo and cause the other character got tagged in I had casted a debuff to do slow and after the combo shot the napalm then quickly grabbed the ai character which in normal play is tricky to do naturally you can do it but it was so easy with slow casted.

Theirs other ways to win even earlier used a Big Band at 2k gold to beat down 3 10ks on gold boy was it luck. I naturally exploited every move trying to position them correctly on screen. Theirs luck but it can be done!. Never overly difficult it has been a change on the fighting style but think certain times skill is what you need be whether in thought at that moment.

Good its difficult cause why would anyone play if you done three slaps and walked away lol. Even on that Big Band thing looking like a 2k I lose sometimes just start over.

Admit when the updated rolled out their was fights which were been a total cheat on the player but settled down now (just the servers to the new update)! Perhaps you might have some errors on the servers or something which could be a bug?