• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

2.5 Update Notes (LIVE!)

Hello everyone. Hopefully I am not just shouting into a void.

This is a large update with a lot of changes and I wanted to discuss a few points.

1. Offer Tuning

I think that this is definitely a step in the right direction for SGM. It provides better value for the players and will, in turn, entice them to purchase them. Making offers inline with a 10+1 pull is a great idea.

Of these new offers, I think the “Fighter Variety Pack PLUS” is great for players that want to quickly fill out their roster.

One dimension which I think is untapped is also selling rarity relics. To combat the ‘feel bad’ of pulling all bronzes, maybe make certain bundles or pulls include a Shard to Get Relic to guarantee at least a silver for the player. With the introduction of Diamond characters I don’t think that this kind of rarity inflation (more people getting silvers) should be problematic.

2. Fight Assist and Economy Adjustments

Great ideas, both of them. Fight Assist change is a great quality of life improvement and actively encouraging players to level up (as passive as it is) to gain rewards is a great feedback loop for them.

3. In-Game/Combat Adjustments

The change to Cerebella’s Marquee Ability is a drastic one. True, with Pummel Horse counting at a (blockable) command grab, it would completely drain the opponent’s BB charge and completely fill up your own. This is obviously too strong. However, the MA becomes lackluster – outside of Pummel Horse shenanigans – without the transfer of meter.

My own proposed change would be to change how Pummel Horse is handled. If Pummel Horse is no longer is counted as a throw there’s no need to demolish Cerebella’s MA. I’m not certain if maybe the coding for this is too hard to change leading to this MA change but it seems that the only reason why Cerebella’s MA is too strong is its interaction with Pummel Horse.

The stagger changes for Eliza are a long time coming and are fair. I am slightly surprised by the change to her charge attack recovery. I personally found her charge attack to be only moderate in difficulty to punish. However, I find Painwheel and Squiggly to be near impossible to punish consistently. Maybe their charge attack can be reviewed next.

4. Fighter Specific Adjustment

Untouchable Peacock change is great. Unflinching can be very frustrating to fight against; especially when launcher does not allow for combos if unflinching is triggered on launcher.

Ivy League Parasol change is very, very strong. This is basically BB denial for as long as Ivy League is able to put out tears and detonate them. Is this too strong? I’m not sure yet but it is a LOT of wither.

Rage Appropriate change is a step in the right direction but I’m not sure if this will actually put her into contention as a usable character. Still, though, much better than nothing.

Finally, the biggest adjustment to a character this patch. The assassination of Parasite Weave. Haha, that’s a joke. However, I do think the change nerfs her too hard. First I’d like to examine what her proposed change means for her.

Let’s suppose that someone has built Parasite Weave to have 50% crit – a non-negligible amount. That means she has a 50% chance to crit, or a 25% chance to inflict (10s) slow and (3s) stun. This doesn’t sound too bad but we should examine this a bit more. While an enemy is being hit they are unable to react as they are in hit-stun. So, if this ability procs early or even midway through a combo, by the time the combo is finished the 3 seconds of stun is over. So, really, the stun is inconsequential and Parasite Weave is only inflicting slow. The second part of her Signature Ability also means she’s inflicting bleed, though, right? That is a 15% chance on a 50% chance on a 50% chance – and only for a span of 3 seconds. To make matters worse, the bleed is only 5 seconds long.

There are other ways to approach this problem without having such a strong blow to her usability. One example is to keep the first part of her Signature Ability and change the second part of her ability to “15% chance on HIT to inflict BLEED for 5 seconds if the opponent is debuffed.” This allows a constant stream of bleed to be applied. The 3 areas for tweaking this could be % chance on hit, the length of the bleed, or the status of the opponent to allow the SA to trigger (slow instead of any debuff).

Another change could instead be done to the first part of Parasite Weave’s SA. I think it would be more interesting to have it read “50% chance to CRITIAL HIT to inflict SLOW for 10 seconds. When SLOW expires, STUN the opponent for 3 seconds.” This allows for the stun to happen while the enemy is not actively being comboed and is a defensive play just incase you are being comboed yourself. This does not always create a permanent lock down situation as the opponent can tag out, activate immune, or be mid-air combo or BB while attacking.

Lastly on the topic of Parasite Weave, while I believe that being a bleed based character is a defining trait of Filia, that does not mean that Parasite Weave must be married to Crit or Stun. I am sure there are other ways to approach the problem. However, as it stands, the new Parasite Weave seems less powerful than Bad Hair Day at higher streaks.

5. Bug Fixes

Bug Fixes all seem fine. The timer change to block busters (reverting to how it previously worked except for when the lock is at 0:00) will make it much more difficult to win at higher streaks. This will be especially felt by characters with long BB3s that don’t deal a great amount of damage. I can understand dropping the timer pause on BB2s but the change for BB3s feels like a step back. However, this is only my opinion on the matter and if the devs see fit to revert to a non-pause timer on BBs then so be it.

One “fix” I would like to see is i-frames on certain BBs. I don’t have an exhaustive list but as Double there are a few BBs that are easy to get hit out of. Beowulf’s Airwulf also has this problem. The reason I bring this up is that this does not seem consistent across the board. If all characters could be interrupted during BB start up then I would think it’s fine. However, some characters having invulnerable reversals makes those that do not stick out.

6. Closing Thoughts

This new patch brings interesting changes, both good and maybe not as good. I look forward to its release. I also hope that HV will keep an open mind about player feedback on the character variants that were changed.

I don’t know if this has occurred to anyone, but when you select parasoul’s inferno brigade, there’s a chance it might not start up properly and it won’t hit the character little to not at all

It's update time!

Here's what you can expect to find in the 2.5 update, which is hopefully arriving sometime early next week:

Prize Fight Defense Team Updates

Dread Locks, Armed Forces, Resonant Evil, these were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect diabolical team... which was then avoided by every player ever until the end of time. Bummer!

DEFENSE BONUS MULTIPLIERS
To incentivize players to build the the most powerful defense teams they can, we're adding a reason to challenge scary Defense Teams in our next update. Every time that your team is displayed to another player, and it is not chosen to be fought, your team will begin to accumulate a "Defense Bonus Multiplier". This bonus will grow larger and larger until someone eventually chooses to fight you.

The winner of the fight, be it the defender or the attacker, will have the points they would have normally earned multiplied by the Defense Team's bonus multiplier.

This also encourages players to build appropriate counter variants and move loadouts to maximize their point gains. Continuing to avoid powerful teams will leave the bounty for another player to claim!

58nIyZi.jpg

WIN STREAK MODIFIERS
In light of these changes and some AI adjustments (noted below), Streak Modifiers have been updated to climb at a slower rate of +10% ATK/HP per fight after Streak 16 (down from 20% previously). Once this bonus reaches 200%, they will climb at the old rate of 20% per win until they cap out at 500%.

Origin Stories - Parasoul

At long last, Parasoul's Origin Story is finally here! Learn about the mysterious past of the Renoirs in this heart warming family tale that touches on trust and friendsh- Hold on... Okay, I'm being told that this is NOT in fact heart warming and... yeah, ok - everything goes to hell as usual. Splendid.

As always, Origin Stories requires Player Level 20 to unlock. These fights are not easy, so make sure your Parasoul variants are up for the challenge!

M0a1Uu8.jpg

AI Improvements

We've improved our highest level AI in various ways to make high stakes matches a bit more varied and interesting!

Here are the changes you can expect to see from high level AI found at high streaks in Prize Fights, or high difficulties in Story Mode / Daily Events.

NEW AI DASH OPTIONS
After the AI dashes into your face, they should be less likely to immediately follow up with a knockback attack letting you punish them if the attack was blocked. The AI may also cancel their dashes into a block (or another action), attempting to bait out an unsafe option from the player.

AI OPTIONS VS BLOCKING OPPONENTS
If the AI is attacking into your block, they will be less likely to blindly combo into an obviously punishable attack. They may even attempt to throw you early on! Be sure to stay on your toes!

SMARTER COUNTER ATTACK WINDOWS
This is closer to a bug fix, but the AI shouldn't stop blocking in the middle of a blocked combo sequence when there isn't enough time to punish the player.

CORRECTED BB3 BEHAVIOR
As many of you have noticed, even high level AI is currently VERY unlikely to use a BB3 if the player is blocking - this was because they didn't consider it to be an option!

In this update, higher level AI always consider using their BB3 even if you are blocking, or far away. That said, the AI will never buffer a BB3 on get-up or while being hit - so if you want to keep enemy BB3s at bay, you need to stay aggressive! As a general rule, you can also limit the amount of meter your opponent gets by opting to use fewer hits to inflict damage, or use Outtakes to force an opponent to tag in a teammate.

Many of you may find that variants and moves specifically designed to counter BB usage will be much more useful. Check out this image for a helpful list:

zBAfODz.jpg

All that said, we know BB3s are contentious and can be tricky to overcome, so rest assured that we'll be keeping a close eye on how this affects the game. We look forward to your feedback on the AI after you've had a chance to play with it!

Profile Screen
Tapping on a player's name in the chat room will bring up the option to view their PROFILE.

nKcebfZ.png

You can also view your own Profile by tapping your rep Fighter in the top Nav Bar or your Player Name in the top left of most menus.

n2ayf7C.jpg

DUELING OPPONENTS
You can view another player's Fighters in their collection from their Profile, and you can also DUEL their rep Fighter.

DUELS
cost no energy, and give no rewards. If you're looking to practice against a specific variant, you can find someone with that variant as their rep fighter and practice against them for free! All Duels are 1v1's against the highest level of AI.

In our next update, we'll let you change your rep Fighter so that players can ask to challenge a specific Fighter in another player's collection.

Rest assured, we'll continue to add more elements to the Profile screen in future updates as we add additional features!

CHANGING DISPLAY NAME
You asked for it, we listened!

On your own profile screen, the duel button is replaced with a CHANGE DISPLAY NAME button that can be used to change your Display Name for 500 Theonite. Make it count!

Fighter Preview Pop-Up

Tap a Fighter on a player's Profile screen (or when their name pops up in Chat when they are acquired or evolved) and you will will bring up the new FIGHTER PREVIEW pop-up.

This will display a live up-to-date version of that specific Fighter. Here, you can view how the player chose to build their variant's loadout (including move stats, etc), and review their Signature Ability and (if upgraded) their Marquee Ability,

8ogNZBa.jpg

Chat Content Reporting

If someone is causing trouble in the Chat (in Skullgirls? I don't believe it), you can now directly report that player from inside the app by tapping on their name, then pressing the REPORT button.

3zgIOI6.png

After this, you'll be able to select one or more rules that they violated before sending the report. We'll review every report personally, and you can expect those who break the rules to be muted from the chat room temporarily or permanently.

Hm9uY8s.jpg

If you have not already done so, please familiarize yourself with the chat rules:
http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/official-chat-rules-and-abuse-guidelines.2835/

Offer Tuning
We don't normally dive deep into all of the offer related changes that we make with each update, but this time we'll be going over the specifics!

We've received a lot of feedback about our current offers, and we'll be making a lot of changes in this update to make them more juicy and desirable for early and late game players. If you're not into offers, feel free to jump to the next section - no hard feelings. ;)

Here's a quick rundown of some of the important changes we've made:

Weekly Elemental Fighter Bundles
Elemental Relics 7x → 11x Relics
This brings the offer closer in line with a 10+1 pull.

Daily Elemental Fighter Bundles
Elemental Relic 1x → 2x
Elemental Shards 40x → 10x
Price 9.99 USD → 4.99 USD
Cost efficient way to acquire specific fighters each day should they be desired.

Silver Fighter Upgrade Bundles
Skill Points 75x → 100x
Enough Skill Points to unlock one Marquee Ability level for a Silver Fighter

Gold Fighter Upgrade Bundles
Skill Points 200x → 250x
Canopy Coins 300,000 → 350,000
Enough Skill Points to unlock one Marquee Ability level for a Gold Fighter
Fighter Evolution Bundles
Character Relics 8x → 12x
Price 19.99 USD → 24.99 USD
This is now roughly equivalent to a 10+1 pull now, as the two extra Relics are the same as the Bonus Relic that offers double odds for Silver or Gold.

Weekly Egret Recruit Pack
Premiere Relics 3x → 2x
Bronze Keys 0x → 1x
If you're running dry on Bronze keys, consider checking this bundle out!
Weekly Egret Elite Pack
Premiere Relics 6x → 10x
Cheap Relics with extra Theonite and Canopy coins to boot!
NEW OFFER

Fighter Variety Pack

This will now become available more frequently during standard progression.

Fighter Variety Pack PLUS
Character Relics - (2x Each, 22 Total)
Price - $29.99 USD
A special bonus offer for those who really want to grow their collection!

Fight Assist Improvements
We've given Fight Assist two useful quality of life changes!

PERSISTENT STATE ACROSS MATCHES
If you turn on Fight Assist, it will stay on until you exit the app, or turn it off manually. This makes auto-fighting through Daily Events you can easily clear a breeze!

TOGGLE DURING PRE-FIGHT INTRO
You can now turn Fight Assist on during the pre-battle rambling! No more scrambling to tap that button as quick as possible when it's SHOWTIME.

Economy Adjustments

Maximum Player Level

• Maximum player level has been increased to 70.
  • At level 65, players will be rewarded with one of each Elemental Relic.
  • At level 70, players will be rewarded with one of each Elemental Relic, and one of each Elemental Essence.
  • These new player levels will require A LOT of experience - expect to be in it for the long haul if you're looking for these rewards! Note that player experience is still earned even if you are using a team of fully maxed out Fighters.
Elemental Prize Fights - Extra Elemental Relics
  • In addition to the Event Rewards, you can now get an Elemental Relic at the 2,300,000 and 6,000,000 point thresholds!
Energy Refresh Tuning
  • We've increased the cost of refreshing energy from 5 Theonite to 10 Theonite.
  • We want energy refreshing to be a low cost, viable option, but we don't want it to be a trivial investment for players to continually refresh one fighter to sweep through content.
  • We always want to encourage everyone to build a larger collection and use a wider variety of characters when possible
Chat - Auto-Correct (iOS only)
  • Implemented Auto-Correct. Rejoice, you should be able to type much faster now!
In-Game / Combat Adjustments

Character Tag In

• You can now choose the next character that will tag in after your point character dies by tapping their portrait.
Stages - Bath Of Sekhmet
  • Added new music for the bloody version of this stage. Enjoy!
Combat UI
  • Improved placement location of modifier icons when there are too many to fit on the screen at once in a single row.
  • Character Ability buttons now use an outer rim color that matches the rarity of the character that it belongs to.
Taunt Cancelling Standardization
  • Eliza, Big Band, Painwheel, and Valentine can now cancel their taunt into a BB as soon as the buff is applied.
  • All other characters can do this, so now everyone can!
Squigly
  • Can no longer cancel Normals and Dash Attack into Wyrm's Tail, to prevent infinite combos.
  • Increased hitstun on SM - Drag N Bite (Charged) to make combos into L1 easier afterwards.
Cerebella
  • Marquee Ability - UPPER HAND no longer grants the meter that is removed from the opponent back to Cerebella, it now only reduces meter. One SM - Pummel Horse with this MA is already enough to fully reduce the opponent's BB3 meter to 0 from full (which is pretty impressive!) and we felt that it didn't also need to fully charge her BB3 meter in addition to that ability.
Double
  • L1 now has faster start-up, and covers a longer distance before the attack becomes active.
  • BB3 - Megalith Array will now end as soon as the opponent dies - no more multi-Fighter kills!
Eliza
  • Sekhmet can no longer stagger a character more than once per combo, like all other staggers in the game (Cerebella's Pummel Horse, Cerebella's CA, Squigly's Silver Chord, Painwheel's Charge Attack...)
  • Slightly increased recovery on Charge Attack on whiff, so that it can be punished.
  • Increased distance and range covered by Charge Attack.
  • Launchers after Charge Attack and Throw no longer fully launch, because all of the follow-up juggle hits missed on many characters.
  • The final hit of Eliza's throw now builds meter.
  • The AI will now more effectively respond to Sekhmet using her unblockable charge attack when they are knocked down and just about to stand up.
Big Band
  • Slightly increased hitstop on the final hit of his ground chain to help him combo into launcher more consistently.
Fighter Specific Adjustments

Peacock - Untouchable

• When Peacock - Untouchable activates UNFLINCHING, it will now only affect hits AFTER the one that triggered her SA (instead of ignoring the hit that activated her SA). This is in line with how Cerebella - Armed Forces functions, and it will give players a chance to react to her SA activating using careful taps and pokes.
Eliza - Diva Intervention
  • Now uses the correct dress color on her card art. (White, instead of blue...)
Parasoul - Ivy League
  • Signature Ability 2 now inflicts WITHER instead of direct meter drain to make her a more effective Meter management Fighter.
l7tQWa3.jpg

Painwheel - Rage Appropriate
syCeZEd.jpg

Filia - Parasite Weave
  • Now inflicts SLOW for 10 seconds alongside STUN whenever it is applied. She cannot apply another STUN or SLOW if the opponent is already afflicted by SLOW.
  • We wanted to remove Parasite Weave's (frankly broken) ability to relentlessly stun lock opponents, while still ensuring STUN and methods for "locking down" an opponent were a major part of her toolset.
vQ6QgRz.jpg

Modifier Adjustments

Daily Events - Parasoul
  • Parasoul's Daily Event now has four new modifiers to mirror all of the other characters!
    • Basic - Shell Shock
    • Advanced - Preemptive Strike
    • Expert - Siege Cannon
    • Master - Rolling Thunder
Daily Events - Big Band - Immovable Object
  • Found on Master Treasure Nodes, this modifier no longer grants UNFLINCHING to benched characters on round start. You can now use an SM - Outtake to take on a Fighter without UNFLINCHING immediately if there is a benched character available.
Daily Events - Peacock - Mimic
  • No longer activates from hits that connect while using a Blockbuster.
Character Details
  • Fixed an issue where dust effects spawned from performing moves were larger than intended.
Experience
  • Tuned maximum amount of experience you can earn on loss to 200 EXP to prevent some sneaky unintended power-leveling tactics.
Bug Fixes

Blockbusters
  • If a character dies during their cinematic Superflash zoom-in effect, the game will no longer soft lock.
  • Blockbusters no longer pause the timer when they are being used, but they will still prevent a time out if they are activated just before the timer reaches 0:00. If the final opponent does not die by the time the Blockbuster ends, the round will go to the opponent.
Squigly
  • Fixed an issue where Squigly could unintentionally OTG the opponent (get in an extra attack after a floor bounce, hitting them Off The Ground) after the crumple from BB - Daisy Pusher.
  • Can no longer be hit out of the start up of BB3 - Rage of the Dragon.
  • Can no longer be stunned out of BB3 - Rage of the Dragon.
  • Fixed an issue where turning off Fight Assist during Wyrm's Tail would cause Squigly to get stuck charging.
  • Bio-Exorcist's SA no longer damages the opponent during the cinematic Superflash from their BB activation.
  • When more than one Squigly is present on the same team, their tombstones should be less likely to overlap perfectly.
Cerebella
  • BB2 - Diamonds Are Forever now has a brief 5-frame start up before the BB begins (up from 0 frames). All of these start up frames are invincible.
  • The Diamond spawned from BB2 - Diamonds Are Forever will now pass through other projectiles and always hit the opponent.
Valentine
  • BB - Counter Venom now has a brief 6-frame start up before the BB begins (up from 0 frames). All of these start up frames are invincible.
  • BB - Counter Venom can no longer hit invincible opponents, including corpses!
  • MA - Trauma Center doesn't activate if the character receiving it is already dead. This has no effect on the MA, it just makes it less confusing since Final Stand has no impact on dead characters.
Double
  • Fixed an issue where Double would sometimes throw the opponent towards her if she counter hit an opponent out of their trip.
  • Can no longer be stunned out of BB3 - Nightmare Legion.
  • Fixed numerous instances of Double - Sundae School causing issues with other modifiers, such as BLEED and DOOM. Negative 3165 stacks of bleed, begone!
Parasoul
  • Fixed an issue where Parasoul would sometimes throw the opponent towards her if she counter hit an opponent out of their trip.
  • Fixed an issue where Parasoul could OTG the opponent (hit them Off The Ground) after the crumple from BB - Silent Scope.
  • Fixed SM - Egret Call granting meter on use.
Painwheel
  • Fixed an issue where Painwheel was invincible during all of her follow up actions from her Flying State Flight Risk. She can now be interrupted out of her Flight actions as expected.
Beowulf
  • Fixed an issue where the second hit of Beowulf's Charge Attack could be blocked, even if the unblockable charge attack node was upgraded.
Peacock
  • Fixed Peacock's The Hole Idea being counted as a Tag In, thus setting off Tag In specific modifiers like INERTIA.
  • Fixed an issue where one frame of her light attack was missing transparency by her hand.
  • No longer invincible during Outtake.

Revivals

• Fixed an issue where reviving characters would push the point characters around.
  • Fixed an issue where reviving characters could cause a point character to suddenly teleport behind their reviving location which would ruin combos.
  • NOTE: These were most evident during things like Squigly's Master Daily Event.
Daily Events
  • Fixed numerous issues where a node in Master Daily Events had a Fighter that was severely under powered.
Modifiers
  • Fixed several issues where conditions to remove a modifier were not working correctly. This is most noticeable in Elemental Prize Fights which have unique rules for BUFF and DEBUFF removal.
  • Fixed an issue where modifier applications based on the fight timer could become un-synchronized in certain situations after repeated Blockbuster use.
Drain
  • Fixed an issue where DRAIN could be used while a character was technically dead, letting them errantly revive themselves.
    • Ex: Filia's Marquee Ability healing as DOOM activates to survive it.
Final Stand
  • Fixed a few edge cases where Fighters were able to die while in FINAL STAND, especially when suffering from BLEED.
Perfect Block
  • No longer reduces the damage of unblockable attacks to 0 if the opponent is blocking as they are hit. (Dead Heat, Charge Attacks, etc...)
Prize Fights - Valentine - Thousand Plagues
  • No longer activated by Bio-Exorcist's SA.
Server Errors
  • Implemented changes to reduce and eliminate server error "UDE.20"
  • Implemented changes to reduce and eliminate server error "UDE.19"
  • If you are still experiencing these in 2.5, please let us know in a bug report.
Mail
  • Fixed an issue where Silver / Gold Shard rewards were not appearing in the mail rewards list, despite being granted.
UI
  • Fixed an issue where a placeholder SM - Brass Knuckles or Character Ability icon was present for a split second in the lower left and right hand corner when the fight ends.

Coming Soon!

Friends List
Soon, you'll be able to add friends, track their progress, and privately message them!

1v1 Asynchronous Competitive Mode
We’re currently working on a new game mode where you will build your own custom defense node map for other players to fight through. Choosing the right Fighters for the right nodes/modifiers will be key. Defense-oriented Fighters (and their appropriate counter variants) will be even more important in the future! Stay tuned for more details!

Guild Based Content
After we're finished with the above, we'll eventually be moving onto full fledged Guild based content for you and your friends. More on that as we get closer to release!

Next Character - Ms. Fortune
More details on Nadia coming soon!

Wrapping Up
... and there you have it! We've been extremely focused on hitting our goals mentioned in the 2018 plans thread shared at the start of the year, and we're super excited about the future of Skullgirls as we continue to implement those features.

As always, let us know what you think below (or in a new thread) so that we can read over your feedback! We're always listening.

Thanks so much for all your support!

~ Hidden Variable ~
i recently tweeted about teen parasoul. but this future update was more lit than her. i mean, ms. fortune will coming guys!!! a neko fighter steps on a fight soon...

Reactions: rexturtle1120
I don’t know if this has occurred to anyone, but when you select parasoul’s inferno brigade, there’s a chance it might not start up properly and it won’t hit the character little to not at all

don’t worry, this bug has been reported many many times before. hopefully we’ll get a fix for it sooner than later.

It's update time!

Here's what you can expect to find in the 2.5 update, which is hopefully arriving sometime early next week:
Bath Of Sekhmet..... Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Ohhh my!!!!!

Dread Locks, Armed Forces, Resonant Evil, these were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect diabolical team... which was then avoided by every player ever until the end of time. Bummer!

To incentivize players to build the the most powerful defense teams they can, we're adding a reason to challenge scary Defense Teams in our next update. Every time that your team is displayed to another player, and it is not chosen to be fought, your team will begin to accumulate a "Defense Bonus Multiplier". This bonus will grow larger and larger until someone eventually chooses to fight you.

The winner of the fight, be it the defender or the attacker, will have the points they would have normally earned multiplied by the Defense Team's bonus multiplier.

This also encourages players to build appropriate counter variants and move loadouts to maximize their point gains. Continuing to avoid powerful teams will leave the bounty for another player to claim!

58nIyZi.jpg

WIN STREAK MODIFIERS
In light of these changes and some AI adjustments (noted below), Streak Modifiers have been updated to climb at a slower rate of +10% ATK/HP per fight after Streak 16 (down from 20% previously). Once this bonus reaches 200%, they will climb at the old rate of 20% per win until they cap out at 500%.

At long last, Parasoul's Origin Story is finally here! Learn about the mysterious past of the Renoirs in this heart warming family tale that touches on trust and friendsh- Hold on... Okay, I'm being told that this is NOT in fact heart warming and... yeah, ok - everything goes to hell as usual. Splendid.

As always, Origin Stories requires Player Level 20 to unlock. These fights are not easy, so make sure your Parasoul variants are up for the challenge!

M0a1Uu8.jpg

AI Improvements

We've improved our highest level AI in various ways to make high stakes matches a bit more varied and interesting!

Here are the changes you can expect to see from high level AI found at high streaks in Prize Fights, or high difficulties in Story Mode / Daily Events.

NEW AI DASH OPTIONS
After the AI dashes into your face, they should be less likely to immediately follow up with a knockback attack letting you punish them if the attack was blocked. The AI may also cancel their dashes into a block (or another action), attempting to bait out an unsafe option from the player.

If the AI is attacking into your block, they will be less likely to blindly combo into an obviously punishable attack. They may even attempt to throw you early on! Be sure to stay on your toes!

This is closer to a bug fix, but the AI shouldn't stop blocking in the middle of a blocked combo sequence when there isn't enough time to punish the player.

CORRECTED BB3 BEHAVIOR
As many of you have noticed, even high level AI is currently VERY unlikely to use a BB3 if the player is blocking - this was because they didn't consider it to be an option!

In this update, higher level AI always consider using their BB3 even if you are blocking, or far away. That said, the AI will never buffer a BB3 on get-up or while being hit - so if you want to keep enemy BB3s at bay, you need to stay aggressive! As a general rule, you can also limit the amount of meter your opponent gets by opting to use fewer hits to inflict damage, or use Outtakes to force an opponent to tag in a teammate.

Many of you may find that variants and moves specifically designed to counter BB usage will be much more useful. Check out this image for a helpful list:

zBAfODz.jpg

All that said, we know BB3s are contentious and can be tricky to overcome, so rest assured that we'll be keeping a close eye on how this affects the game. We look forward to your feedback on the AI after you've had a chance to play with it!

Profile Screen
Tapping on a player's name in the chat room will bring up the option to view their PROFILE.

nKcebfZ.png

You can also view your own Profile by tapping your rep Fighter in the top Nav Bar or your Player Name in the top left of most menus.

n2ayf7C.jpg

DUELING OPPONENTS
You can view another player's Fighters in their collection from their Profile, and you can also DUEL their rep Fighter.

DUELS
cost no energy, and give no rewards. If you're looking to practice against a specific variant, you can find someone with that variant as their rep fighter and practice against them for free! All Duels are 1v1's against the highest level of AI.

In our next update, we'll let you change your rep Fighter so that players can ask to challenge a specific Fighter in another player's collection.

Rest assured, we'll continue to add more elements to the Profile screen in future updates as we add additional features!

CHANGING DISPLAY NAME

On your own profile screen, the duel button is replaced with a CHANGE DISPLAY NAME button that can be used to change your Display Name for 500 Theonite. Make it count!

Fighter Preview Pop-Up

Tap a Fighter on a player's Profile screen (or when their name pops up in Chat when they are acquired or evolved) and you will will bring up the new FIGHTER PREVIEW pop-up.

This will display a live up-to-date version of that specific Fighter. Here, you can view how the player chose to build their variant's loadout (including move stats, etc), and review their Signature Ability and (if upgraded) their Marquee Ability,

8ogNZBa.jpg

Chat Content Reporting

If someone is causing trouble in the Chat (in Skullgirls? I don't believe it), you can now directly report that player from inside the app by tapping on their name, then pressing the REPORT button.

3zgIOI6.png

After this, you'll be able to select one or more rules that they violated before sending the report. We'll review every report personally, and you can expect those who break the rules to be muted from the chat room temporarily or permanently.

Hm9uY8s.jpg

If you have not already done so, please familiarize yourself with the chat rules:
http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/official-chat-rules-and-abuse-guidelines.2835/

Offer Tuning
We don't normally dive deep into all of the offer related changes that we make with each update, but this time we'll be going over the specifics!

We've received a lot of feedback about our current offers, and we'll be making a lot of changes in this update to make them more juicy and desirable for early and late game players. If you're not into offers, feel free to jump to the next section - no hard feelings. ;)

Elemental Relic 1x → 2x
Cost efficient way to acquire specific fighters each day should they be desired.

Skill Points 75x → 100x

Skill Points 200x → 250x
This is now roughly equivalent to a 10+1 pull now, as the two extra Relics are the same as the Bonus Relic that offers double odds for Silver or Gold.

Premiere Relics 3x → 2x
Bronze Keys 0x → 1x
Weekly Egret Elite Pack
Premiere Relics 6x → 10x
NEW OFFER

Fighter Variety Pack

Price - $29.99 USD

If you turn on Fight Assist, it will stay on until you exit the app, or turn it off manually. This makes auto-fighting through Daily Events you can easily clear a breeze!

You can now turn Fight Assist on during the pre-battle rambling! No more scrambling to tap that button as quick as possible when it's SHOWTIME.

Economy Adjustments

Maximum Player Level

• At level 70, players will be rewarded with one of each Elemental Relic, and one of each Elemental Essence.
  • These new player levels will require A LOT of experience - expect to be in it for the long haul if you're looking for these rewards! Note that player experience is still earned even if you are using a team of fully maxed out Fighters.
  • In addition to the Event Rewards, you can now get an Elemental Relic at the 2,300,000 and 6,000,000 point thresholds!
Energy Refresh Tuning
  • We want energy refreshing to be a low cost, viable option, but we don't want it to be a trivial investment for players to continually refresh one fighter to sweep through content.
  • We always want to encourage everyone to build a larger collection and use a wider variety of characters when possible
  • Implemented Auto-Correct. Rejoice, you should be able to type much faster now!

Character Tag In

• You can now choose the next character that will tag in after your point character dies by tapping their portrait.
Stages - Bath Of Sekhmet
Combat UI
  • Improved placement location of modifier icons when there are too many to fit on the screen at once in a single row.
  • Character Ability buttons now use an outer rim color that matches the rarity of the character that it belongs to.
  • Eliza, Big Band, Painwheel, and Valentine can now cancel their taunt into a BB as soon as the buff is applied.
Squigly
  • Can no longer cancel Normals and Dash Attack into Wyrm's Tail, to prevent infinite combos.
  • Increased hitstun on SM - Drag N Bite (Charged) to make combos into L1 easier afterwards.
Cerebella
  • Marquee Ability - UPPER HAND no longer grants the meter that is removed from the opponent back to Cerebella, it now only reduces meter. One SM - Pummel Horse with this MA is already enough to fully reduce the opponent's BB3 meter to 0 from full (which is pretty impressive!) and we felt that it didn't also need to fully charge her BB3 meter in addition to that ability.
Double
  • L1 now has faster start-up, and covers a longer distance before the attack becomes active.
  • BB3 - Megalith Array will now end as soon as the opponent dies - no more multi-Fighter kills!
Eliza
  • Sekhmet can no longer stagger a character more than once per combo, like all other staggers in the game (Cerebella's Pummel Horse, Cerebella's CA, Squigly's Silver Chord, Painwheel's Charge Attack...)
  • Slightly increased recovery on Charge Attack on whiff, so that it can be punished.
  • Launchers after Charge Attack and Throw no longer fully launch, because all of the follow-up juggle hits missed on many characters.
  • The AI will now more effectively respond to Sekhmet using her unblockable charge attack when they are knocked down and just about to stand up.
Big Band
  • Slightly increased hitstop on the final hit of his ground chain to help him combo into launcher more consistently.

Peacock - Untouchable

• When Peacock - Untouchable activates UNFLINCHING, it will now only affect hits AFTER the one that triggered her SA (instead of ignoring the hit that activated her SA). This is in line with how Cerebella - Armed Forces functions, and it will give players a chance to react to her SA activating using careful taps and pokes.
Parasoul - Ivy League
  • Signature Ability 2 now inflicts WITHER instead of direct meter drain to make her a more effective Meter management Fighter.
l7tQWa3.jpg

syCeZEd.jpg

Filia - Parasite Weave
  • Now inflicts SLOW for 10 seconds alongside STUN whenever it is applied. She cannot apply another STUN or SLOW if the opponent is already afflicted by SLOW.
  • We wanted to remove Parasite Weave's (frankly broken) ability to relentlessly stun lock opponents, while still ensuring STUN and methods for "locking down" an opponent were a major part of her toolset.
vQ6QgRz.jpg

Modifier Adjustments

Daily Events - Parasoul
  • Parasoul's Daily Event now has four new modifiers to mirror all of the other characters!
    • Basic - Shell Shock
    • Expert - Siege Cannon
  • Found on Master Treasure Nodes, this modifier no longer grants UNFLINCHING to benched characters on round start. You can now use an SM - Outtake to take on a Fighter without UNFLINCHING immediately if there is a benched character available.
Character Details
  • Fixed an issue where dust effects spawned from performing moves were larger than intended.
Experience
  • Tuned maximum amount of experience you can earn on loss to 200 EXP to prevent some sneaky unintended power-leveling tactics.
Bug Fixes

Blockbusters
  • If a character dies during their cinematic Superflash zoom-in effect, the game will no longer soft lock.
  • Blockbusters no longer pause the timer when they are being used, but they will still prevent a time out if they are activated just before the timer reaches 0:00. If the final opponent does not die by the time the Blockbuster ends, the round will go to the opponent.
Squigly
  • Fixed an issue where Squigly could unintentionally OTG the opponent (get in an extra attack after a floor bounce, hitting them Off The Ground) after the crumple from BB - Daisy Pusher.
  • Fixed an issue where turning off Fight Assist during Wyrm's Tail would cause Squigly to get stuck charging.
  • Bio-Exorcist's SA no longer damages the opponent during the cinematic Superflash from their BB activation.
  • When more than one Squigly is present on the same team, their tombstones should be less likely to overlap perfectly.
Cerebella
  • BB2 - Diamonds Are Forever now has a brief 5-frame start up before the BB begins (up from 0 frames). All of these start up frames are invincible.
  • The Diamond spawned from BB2 - Diamonds Are Forever will now pass through other projectiles and always hit the opponent.
Valentine
  • BB - Counter Venom now has a brief 6-frame start up before the BB begins (up from 0 frames). All of these start up frames are invincible.
  • MA - Trauma Center doesn't activate if the character receiving it is already dead. This has no effect on the MA, it just makes it less confusing since Final Stand has no impact on dead characters.
Double
  • Fixed an issue where Double would sometimes throw the opponent towards her if she counter hit an opponent out of their trip.
  • Fixed numerous instances of Double - Sundae School causing issues with other modifiers, such as BLEED and DOOM. Negative 3165 stacks of bleed, begone!
Parasoul
  • Fixed an issue where Parasoul would sometimes throw the opponent towards her if she counter hit an opponent out of their trip.
  • Fixed an issue where Parasoul could OTG the opponent (hit them Off The Ground) after the crumple from BB - Silent Scope.
Painwheel
  • Fixed an issue where Painwheel was invincible during all of her follow up actions from her Flying State Flight Risk. She can now be interrupted out of her Flight actions as expected.
Beowulf
  • Fixed an issue where the second hit of Beowulf's Charge Attack could be blocked, even if the unblockable charge attack node was upgraded.
Peacock
  • Fixed Peacock's The Hole Idea being counted as a Tag In, thus setting off Tag In specific modifiers like INERTIA.
  • Fixed an issue where one frame of her light attack was missing transparency by her hand.

Revivals

• Fixed an issue where reviving characters would push the point characters around.
  • Fixed an issue where reviving characters could cause a point character to suddenly teleport behind their reviving location which would ruin combos.
  • NOTE: These were most evident during things like Squigly's Master Daily Event.
Daily Events
  • Fixed numerous issues where a node in Master Daily Events had a Fighter that was severely under powered.
Modifiers
  • Fixed several issues where conditions to remove a modifier were not working correctly. This is most noticeable in Elemental Prize Fights which have unique rules for BUFF and DEBUFF removal.
  • Fixed an issue where modifier applications based on the fight timer could become un-synchronized in certain situations after repeated Blockbuster use.
Drain
  • Fixed an issue where DRAIN could be used while a character was technically dead, letting them errantly revive themselves.
    • Ex: Filia's Marquee Ability healing as DOOM activates to survive it.
Final Stand
  • Fixed a few edge cases where Fighters were able to die while in FINAL STAND, especially when suffering from BLEED.
Perfect Block
  • No longer reduces the damage of unblockable attacks to 0 if the opponent is blocking as they are hit. (Dead Heat, Charge Attacks, etc...)
Prize Fights - Valentine - Thousand Plagues
  • No longer activated by Bio-Exorcist's SA.
Server Errors
  • Implemented changes to reduce and eliminate server error "UDE.20"
  • Implemented changes to reduce and eliminate server error "UDE.19"
  • If you are still experiencing these in 2.5, please let us know in a bug report.
Mail
  • Fixed an issue where Silver / Gold Shard rewards were not appearing in the mail rewards list, despite being granted.
UI
  • Fixed an issue where a placeholder SM - Brass Knuckles or Character Ability icon was present for a split second in the lower left and right hand corner when the fight ends.

Coming Soon!

Friends List
Soon, you'll be able to add friends, track their progress, and privately message them!

We’re currently working on a new game mode where you will build your own custom defense node map for other players to fight through. Choosing the right Fighters for the right nodes/modifiers will be key. Defense-oriented Fighters (and their appropriate counter variants) will be even more important in the future! Stay tuned for more details!

Guild Based Content
After we're finished with the above, we'll eventually be moving onto full fledged Guild based content for you and your friends. More on that as we get closer to release!

Next Character - Ms. Fortune
More details on Nadia coming soon!

Wrapping Up
... and there you have it! We've been extremely focused on hitting our goals mentioned in the 2018 plans thread shared at the start of the year, and we're super excited about the future of Skullgirls as we continue to implement those features.

As always, let us know what you think below (or in a new thread) so that we can read over your feedback! We're always listening.

Thanks so much for all your support!

~ Hidden Variable ~

It's update time!

58nIyZi.jpg

WIN STREAK MODIFIERS

M0a1Uu8.jpg

AI Improvements

NEW AI DASH OPTIONS

CORRECTED BB3 BEHAVIOR

zBAfODz.jpg

Profile Screen

nKcebfZ.png

n2ayf7C.jpg

DUELING OPPONENTS

DUELS

CHANGING DISPLAY NAME

Fighter Preview Pop-Up

8ogNZBa.jpg

Chat Content Reporting

3zgIOI6.png

Hm9uY8s.jpg

Offer Tuning

Elemental Relic 1x → 2x

Skill Points 75x → 100x

Skill Points 200x → 250x

Premiere Relics 3x → 2x
Bronze Keys 0x → 1x
Weekly Egret Elite Pack
Premiere Relics 6x → 10x
NEW OFFER

Fighter Variety Pack

Price - $29.99 USD

Economy Adjustments

Maximum Player Level

Energy Refresh Tuning

Character Tag In

Stages - Bath Of Sekhmet
Combat UI
Squigly
Cerebella
Double
Eliza
Big Band

Peacock - Untouchable

Parasoul - Ivy League
l7tQWa3.jpg

syCeZEd.jpg

Filia - Parasite Weave
vQ6QgRz.jpg

Modifier Adjustments

Daily Events - Parasoul
    • Basic - Shell Shock
    • Expert - Siege Cannon
Character Details
Experience
Bug Fixes

Blockbusters
Squigly
Cerebella
Valentine
Double
Parasoul
Painwheel
Beowulf
Peacock

Revivals

• Fixed an issue where reviving characters could cause a point character to suddenly teleport behind their reviving location
  • Great update!!!!! But I'm getting confused about sekhmet's charge attack. Can someone explain please? Thanks!

• Great update!!!!! But I'm getting confused about sekhmet's charge attack. Can someone explain please? Thanks!

basically when Eliza is in Sekhemet mode, the charge attack she does staggers the opponent (aka briefly stuns them, allowing you to start another combo). currently you could charge attack the opponent and stagger them indefinitely, allowing you to infinitely combo them. in this next update you won’t be able to do that infinite combo because you’ll only be able to stagger once per combo.
hope that helps!

basically when Eliza is in Sekhemet mode, the charge attack she does staggers the opponent (aka briefly stuns them, allowing you to start another combo). currently you could charge attack the opponent and stagger them indefinitely, allowing you to infinitely combo them. in this next update you won’t be able to do that infinite combo because you’ll only be able to stagger once per combo.
hope that helps!
Ahhhh....i get it. So in order for me to stagger an opponenent one more time, i have to start a new combo? That makes ense. Thanks!

Reactions: Inked
I need more origin stories and main stories ASAP. Parasoul should have not been the only one added. The lack of opportunities to get keys suck.

I need more origin stories and main stories ASAP. Parasoul should have not been the only one added. The lack of opportunities to get keys suck.
you have prize fights and accursed for keys

AI Improvements
Ohhh this is gonna be fun!!!

Sekhmet can no longer stagger a character more than once per combo, like all other staggers in the game (Cerebella's Pummel Horse, Cerebella's CA, Squigly's Silver Chord, Painwheel's Charge Attack...)
Filia - Parasite Weave

Well the two reliable infinites are gone. But it's for the best. I do feel like parasite weave's SA2 should be changed as well to accommodate this as it would only affect such a small and unreliable time span and it would otherwise make her too weak.
There are other ways to approach this problem without having such a strong blow to her usability. One example is to keep the first part of her Signature Ability and change the second part of her ability to “15% chance on HIT to inflict BLEED for 5 seconds if the opponent is debuffed.”
This should work!!!

Now every late game player should now consider their stats carefully to produce maximum output! No more relying on Diva Intervention and Parasite Weave!

By the way, will there be an ETA on how long the exclusive fighters will stay exclusive in their elemental relics? While I do want Idol threat, I feel like it would be a waste of time and theonite to get Water Elemental relics and then have Idol threat be released on regular relics right after I get her.

Friends List

Guild Based Content

OOOOOO social features!!! This is gonna be fun!! Will we be able to reserve guild names like we did with usernames??
The future looks fun for skullgirls mobile!! I can't wait!

Ohhh this is gonna be fun!!!

By the way, will there be an ETA on how long the exclusive fighters will stay exclusive in their elemental relics? While I do want Idol threat, I feel like it would be a waste of time and theonite to get Water Elemental relics and then have Idol threat be released on regular relics right after I get her.
Aren't they gonna add elemental relics for elemental prize fights? That should help a little

Aren't they gonna add elemental relics for elemental prize fights? That should help a little
Yeah, but I'm gonna have to wait 4 weeks for the water element pf again. And I don't have enough theonite for the 10+1 bundle right now. Oh well. In due time. I'll be patient to get idol threat! The point I'm saying is that I hope they don't put the exclusive characters in regular relics anytime soon because, for me it really does add to the value of elemental relics, but that's just me being salty honestly because I'm grinding a lot of theonite to get those bundles so I can get Idol Threat. One day...

Reactions: PHPP
So no fix for Parasoul BB3 shoting less shots or not being able to use more than one egret skill at the same time?
Still working on this, sorry for the inconvenience =(

Hello everyone. Hopefully I am not just shouting into a void.
Never! The whole team will read this. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

The change to Cerebella’s Marquee Ability is a drastic one. True, with Pummel Horse counting at a (blockable) command grab, it would completely drain the opponent’s BB charge and completely fill up your own. This is obviously too strong. However, the MA becomes lackluster – outside of Pummel Horse shenanigans – without the transfer of meter.
The move is mostly balanced around Pummel Horse at the moment, that's correct.

Slightly behind the scenes, but due to technical time constraints, we don't have a way of tracking different Cerebella grabs and applying unique rules for all of them when it comes to interacting with her MA. Experimental changes closer to what you suggested would have required serious code changes, which we didn't have time for this release cycle.

Her MA (and Parasite Weave) are two changes that I'll keeping a very close eye on. We'll keep tuning if necessary until we're all completely satisfied with the implementation.

The stagger changes for Eliza are a long time coming and are fair. I am slightly surprised by the change to her charge attack recovery. I personally found her charge attack to be only moderate in difficulty to punish. However, I find Painwheel and Squiggly to be near impossible to punish consistently. Maybe their charge attack can be reviewed next.
I have a running list of everyone who needs their Charge Attack adjusted to be punishable on whiff, and Eliza just happened to be top of the list. There will be a part two to this where all characters have their Charge Attacks recovery bumped up if it's too low, including Painwheel and Squigly.

Finally, the biggest adjustment to a character this patch. The assassination of Parasite Weave. Haha, that’s a joke. However, I do think the change nerfs her too hard. First I’d like to examine what her proposed change means for her.
There's a lot to respond to here, but like every other major change that we roll out, we'll be watching like a hawk to see how things shake out in the wild. (Prize Fights is a good example of that!)

I'm sure this will be a hot topic for discussion amongst the design team in the coming weeks.

One “fix” I would like to see is i-frames on certain BBs. I don’t have an exhaustive list but as Double there are a few BBs that are easy to get hit out of. Beowulf’s Airwulf also has this problem. The reason I bring this up is that this does not seem consistent across the board. If all characters could be interrupted during BB start up then I would think it’s fine. However, some characters having invulnerable reversals makes those that do not stick out.
I completely agree, but the amount of changes that this will require has this task closer to the complexity of implementing a new feature rather than simple bug fixes.

We want to make sure that this happens eventually, but we just have to prioritize it in light of all the other bug fixes and tuning adjustments which need to be made. Quick example, I'd rather Painwheel's Charge Attack be punishable on whiff before Beowulf's Airwulf BB grants invincibility correctly...

I can't give an ETA on when that invincibility pass will happen, but I'm personally invested in getting it done sooner rather than later.

At the moment, there are no plans for this to happen, so there's no ETA for that change. Sorry!

Parasoul origin story mode hype! The five so far have been great, but this one appears to be the most ambitious. Of the three known Skullgirls, Queen Nancy is the most consequential and the one we know the least about.

These checkpoint treasures are much appreciated. Recent PFs have become an endless climb with no sure goal. Like in non-elemental PFs, for a time, 5 mil was a guaranteed gold. Now it is around 10 mil and inflating even higher as everyone gets bigger and stronger in this Diamond Age™

For Parasoul Ivy League’s updated SA, does this mean detonating 1 tear will apply 10 sec of Wither, 2 will apply 20 sec, 3 apply 30, etc?

About the changes to Megalith Array: will this BB3 be made available to players? Any status updates on the moves that have thus far been unavailable?

HELL TO THE BLOODY YEAH, I can't wait to finally play Parasoul's origin story. Great job game devs. Now the only think left to do is to release Ms Fortune before this year end.

Reactions: Tao and Liam
For Parasoul Ivy League’s updated SA, does this mean detonating 1 tear will apply 10 sec of Wither, 2 will apply 20 sec, 3 apply 30, etc?
Since WITHER stacks, detonating more than one tear will just apply extra WITHER stacks.

Thank you for your considerations.

I understand that there must be prioritization of implementation of fixes and changes.
As much as I 'complain' about things in the game, it's only because I like it so much.

Thank you (all) for your hard work.

Reactions: Tao and Liam