• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Tier lists and build guides are cancer.

Splicer

Reaction score
If you play a game that requires coordination, and you need tier lists and guides to play it, you are doing it wrong. That being said, although some chars can be clearly overpowered, it doesn't mean they are the best for you.

The reason i'm making this thread is because the popularity and dependability some people have on other people's play styles and thoughts is alarming. It's like playing only Chun-Li on Street Fighter because a dude won a championship with her, and losing every time while complaining the game is hard.

For example, i consider Cerebella to be the equivalent of Sagat in this game (Sagat is considered god tier on Street Fighter). But i still don't like playing her because i prefer small, fast types like Filia. I also think Big Top is the best Cerebella because it can soak up unblockable BBs, and yet other people don't. I also consider Princess Pride Parasoul a support equivalent of Primed, and yet she is not considered that good by some. And believe me, i have much more experience in build based games than a normal person should. I also think burst moves are awesome, even though they don't have damage, because they are combo breakers.

You want to know if a character is good? Open his skill tree and check his signature skill. Did you like them? Good. You didn't? Leave it aside. The game has enough variables so you can pick what you like much more easily than any other fighting game.

Tl;dr Read about characters' skills and pick the best for yourself without depending on others, that will make you much better on every game you play. Especially if the game depends on gatcha.

Everyone has their own preferred playstyle and this game caters to all sorts. Have only been playing for a week or so but really enjoying it.

Last edited:
In every game, especially multiplayer ones, tier lists are what winners refer to. You can play whatever way you want but that doesn't mean your way is the best way to win.

For example: An Armed Forces Cerebella is objectively better than an Understudy Cerebella, and your chances of winning fights are much higher when you use the better fighter. Thus, Armed Forces is placed on top of the Cerebella tier list.

Tier lists are important when there are glaring differences in character strength (the game already has tier lists sort of built in as 90% of Golds are objectively better than Bronzes, even when Bronzes are evolved up to Golds), but they're definitely not the be all end all of the game.
It's totally fine to follow established tiers that other players have decided on (and often times, you chances of winning will go up), but don't feel that you HAVE to. Play the game as you want, and don't worry about people who try to tell you you're playing it wrong :)

There's nothing wrong with tier lists as long as you long as you don't adhere to them without a modicum of independent thought, especially in a game that is as unbalanced as this one is currently. If you don't like them, don't use them, but recognize that they're helpful for new players who just want to understand the lay of the land.

I don't think you're wrong, OP. However, sometimes you don't have access to all the characters and you don't know if you should pump a silver version you opened. It's nice to see if you're pumping something that will be sorta useless later so you can avoid draining important resources into them.

Of course, this applies to people that prefer to min-max and not everyone does. I play some bad characters and have fun.
Fun #1.

Calling stuff 'cancer' is also tacky. Like, "this thing that sorta irks me in a game? Just as bad as the AIDS crisis."

Also, tier lists... are often useful. They show you, generally, which chatacters are safest to use.

BUT, in a mobile game without PvP, arguably a match-up guide would be a better all-purpose tool, since you can more easily predict how the CPU behaves, and certain characters have easier times breaking out of combos out of block with faster jabs, but only against certain characters... stuff like that.

Reactions: BambooEarpick
tier lists are only good at discerning the trash characters

i.e. eliza and/or valentine.

i think they have a use. if you don't want to look at it, ignore it. simples
I agree. Tier lists allow new players to discern what characters to invest/ abuse. This is nice they allow new players to progress faster

If you play a game that requires coordination, and you need tier lists and guides to play it, you are doing it wrong. That being said, although some chars can be clearly overpowered, it doesn't mean they are the best for you.

Tl;dr Read about characters' skills and pick the best for yourself without depending on others, that will make you much better on every game you play. Especially if the game depends on gatcha.

Tiers lists are tremendously useful for newbies, most people don't have hours to waste figuring out stuff by trial and error just to find out they spent precious time (or bucks) investing in characters that are simply weak by design.

I love Understudy Cerebella because of the original color palette and i'd pick her over any other Cerebella anytime but i am not gonna bother evolve her past Silver because there is just no point, not even if she's my waifu.

Most mobage players tend to favor a more casual approach to the game, which means logging in and playing during breaks and stuff so they won't care to grind endlessly to bring a sub-par character to decent levels to show their leet skillz, especially when PvP is not even implemented yet.

So yeah, following tier lists and guides blindly won't make you a better player, but will at least allow you to gain insight on the game . How you decide to make use of it is entirely up to you, so as a tool they have nothing cancerous about them imo.

Last edited: