• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Best Light Element Character to Take to Diamond?

fanghoul

Reaction score
I've nearly got three light elemental essences, and I really have no idea what I'd want to do with them.

I think most people would say upgrading Epic Sax Big Band would be the right choice, but I find Big Band tedious to use for some reason.

Diva Intervention Eliza and Doublicious are also options, but while they're both fun, I don't know that they'd move into being characters I'd regularly use even with the stat buff of moving them to Diamond.

There's a lot of other options that also just don't seem to appeal to me. Could someone try and sell me on their favorite non-Epic Sax light element character, and why I should upgrade that character to diamond? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Luke and B_W
Dreadlocks filia is another good option if you have her
Meow&furever is good
Rusty pwheel as well
Big top bella is really good
And just a personal choice is weekend warrior beowulf

Reactions: B_W and fanghoul
Light characters on the whole are defensive over offensive, with the exception of Epic Sax and Doublicious. So if what you said about not using Diva and Double is because, at current level, they don't do much in high streaks, then you're going to find that problem in most light characters beyond Epic Sax.

So, in that case, I honestly think you might as well go with whatever you have fun playing. I feel like all previously mentioned candidates are good units, questionable on Rusty and Big Top but overall good. Grim Fan seems good, too, if you have her.

(Although, with as many new variants that are being released, maybe there will be a new light variant you like more. That's just if you're entirely unsure and not dying to evolve smth now).

I personally would say either Big Top or Meow and Furever. Big Top is obviously a very simple fighter but her SA is practical and doesn’t require any particular strategy to use. You can make mistakes with her in high prize fight streaks and survive. A high stats diamond fighter with what basically amounts to an extra life and some mercy invincibility if you mess up isn’t flashy, but it’s reliable.

I don’t have a Meow & Furever but I can speak to her being a pain to fight against in her daily event. Seems like a solid defense character with her final stand and stun.

Also, Ms. Fortune Feline Lucky is really fun imo. She’s a gamble every time you use her, but if her SA activates it can change the outcome of a match. Not the best, but I might get her to diamond myself eventually just because of how enjoyable it is to play her.

If I were to diamond some character I'd look for an offensive one first (or squiggly, duh). Offensive lights are 2 Ms.Fortunes, Epic Sax, Rusty, Headstrong and Doublitious. Arguably Weekend Warrior and That's All Folks, but they are meh. Diva falls off damage wise, same for Big Top. Though Headstrong being a natural bronze is not that great either.

Ms.Fortunes seem fine, but Claw'n'Order is probably better offensively (then again, stupid 5% HP cap bites you with health modifiers in place).

Personally I'd say Rusty or Doublitious.

I used to haet Double in general due to her rorschachesque animations, but after watching a combo guide and getting chaos markue for doublitious I now find her quite enjoyable. With good timing you can do a full 5 slot combo and put 3 rows of negative modifiers on the enemy, provided they somehow survive the combo. This offsets lowish base attack, Also as a doublitious bonus, she eats defensive SAs. Literally. GI.Jazz is a treat.

Thanks for the opinions! It's given me more to think about, where I sorta felt stuck before.

Wrestler X seems like he might also be a good new option.

talking from me experience:

My Top Light Fighters are:

LH Val, Rusty PW, DI Eliza and ES Big Band, and a Silver ND Squigly.

While Squigly has a good supportive SA, but more stats doesnt really make it more useful. Im kinda struggling with learning Big Band. The Diva Intervention still lacks in the attack phase.

SO... Rusty, is a beast of damage. The multihit moves gives her an infinity amount of chances to bleed the enemy, while shutting down the enemy buffs. With the MA Gudge has a good chance to survive BB3 and BB of several hits (Diamond are Forever is still a nightmare). My Rusty has survived a Inferno Brigade of a enraged Primed, and then it had stacked armior and enrage to finish off the enemy. Really Really offensive.

On the other hand the LH Val was my supportive character, to revive my fallen fighters. BUT i found out that the MA ICU can make her a really good tankier character, while giving bleed. Specialy in some pf and some event this character is so broken (Acc Experiments are so easy know). Im starting to look for the best set of moves for this Val, but right know can have Forbidden Procedure to revivie, Chackmate Incision and Laryngetomy for the bleed, and CV: Sedative and Detox to good control. The Countervenom moves with a bonus of meter gain can be filled with some basic combo and can become a machine of blockbusters.

Reactions: fanghoul
A couple people have mentioned Rusty, and I'm growing some enthusiasm for that idea. I love her SA, but she's always been a little hard to use because her stats make her so squishy. Raising her to Diamond would fix that for most cases, though I suppose she'd still have terrible stats compared to most Diamond characters.

I was really interested in rusty’s potential so after testing my gold rusty on some defensive SA and MAs so far rusty’s SA won’t work on bloodbath or val’s ICU. those are all buffs against debuffs. I’m sure rusty would be effectively bleed RE primed and AF, but I already have UV for RE and AF and primed don’t really need a specific counter. The bleed might be useful against dreadlocks? But Theres bio squigly.

So I’m not seeing Rusty’s appeal here. Maybe I’m missing something?

Dreadlocks is a bad match to Rusty - Rusty will kill herself faster due to bad natural health.

Dreadlocks counters are ICU Vals and Bloodbath.

Rusty works magnificent on drift armour node and against tough fighters with SG support (especially relevant since it makes sense to run Trauma Center on SG). She also works good versus RE and AF. Also versus grudge PWs.

The question is - is it worth diamonding her since like BHD she does not need diamond stats to do her thing? Potentially the only thing she needs is HP to live through BB3s using grudge.

I was really interested in rusty’s potential so after testing my gold rusty on some defensive SA and MAs so far rusty’s SA won’t work on bloodbath or val’s ICU. those are all buffs against debuffs. I’m sure rusty would be effectively bleed RE primed and AF, but I already have UV for RE and AF and primed don’t really need a specific counter. The bleed might be useful against dreadlocks? But Theres bio squigly.

So I’m not seeing Rusty’s appeal here. Maybe I’m missing something?

I think that's all fair. She's not even a particularly good counter to RE or AF, because hitting them to get the bleed is really risky.

Some characters she's a much better counter to are Meow and Furever and That's All Folks, or any other Painwheel with the Grudge MA. She can also work well with some daily events and Rift battles now too, because they will sometimes throw a lot of buffs onto the people you're fighting. Where she really *shines* is anytime someone has stacks of Precision on them, like Meow and Furever and in the Ms. Fortune daily event, because she turns those into bleeds that don't expire. They disappear if the enemy tags out, but otherwise it's a game changer in a lot of battles.

I believe that she has the ability to turn Last Stand into a bleed, which seems like it will be super useful in some cases. I can't remember testing that though. I also think her new Grudge MA has a lot of potential to make her much tougher than she was before.

I've kept her at gold at the moment. She's definitely someone I'm glad I have in my roster as a gold now, but even with the MA she's still a bit too squishy as a twice evolved Painwheel to feel safe to use in most cases.

Reactions: Luke
I took a chance and Diamonded Rusty. I have to say I enjoyed playing her as gold but even more so as a diamond. With good stat boosted moves she scythes through a lot of defenses. She's not perfect, but then again, who is?

Reactions: fanghoul