• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Natural Diamonds discussion thread

Are Natural Diamonds a good idea?

• Total voters
Guys watch the diamond squigly variant video again.Look at what the SA is called and look at the combo hits.
Ohh. Hey, nice catch. This is a good choice for a Squigly variant, I think, since it's not chance-based but instead relies on her natural combo capabilities

I mentioned the combo counter as an option lol. I just didn’t want to say for sure it’s every 10 hits because it could end up being a coincidence. I mean that’d be dumb if it was, but there’s plenty of SA names that don’t actually relate to what the SA does

NATURAL DIAMONDS
Dark Might Beowulf
Heavy Metal Big Band
Heavy Handed Cerebella
Jawbreaker Double
Stand Out Eliza
Class Cutter Filia
Furry Fury Ms. Fortune
Fly Trap Painwheel
Summer Salt Parasoul
Freeze Frame Peacock
Love Crafted Squigly

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." (You can stop asking us for this palette now...)
lol, specifically calling out the Zone fans to simmer down while simultaneously pushing a H.P. Lovecraft theme. Clever.

Prediction: Valentine will be Light element. Why? For balance.

Of the current 96 characters (not counting the above diamonds), this how they divide among the elements:
Light = 18
Dark = 18
Fire = 19
Wind = 20
Water = 20
Neutral = 1

Top palette picks: #23 Original colors, #15 Sam (Gaia Online), #14 Baiken (Guilty Gear series)

The final natural diamond for now is here! Valentine- Assassin’s Greed!
https://mobile.twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1069424080221130752
Looks like a pretty offensive Val! The opponent received a Heavy Bleed on BB usage, and Val healed damage done by the bleed? It doesn’t look like she has innate vampirism beyond her Siphon CA, but both times she puts a Bleed on the opponent in the video, she’s regenerating her own health. Interesting! Hopefully this is the powerful offensive Val I’ve been waiting for?
EDIT: Watching again, it looks like Val regenerates only when very close to Ms. Fortune while she’s bleeding. Maybe she’ll regen when close to any debuffed oppponent. Hoping there’s a bit more to her SA than what we can see

Last edited:
I think you're right. I really, truly hope so. Although I hope there's a bit more to her SA than I can gleam, since as of now it's Existential Decay nerfed. She does have diamond stats and an awesome palette, though, so I'm not upset. Also, @BallotBoxer , turns out you were right!

Reactions: fanghoul
https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1069789080525799424
So it has now been confirmed that natural diamonds will require their own type of key that is bought with Rift Coins. It has also been confirmed that natural diamonds will have increased upgrade costs. What do you all think about this? I personally hope they introduce more free Canopy Coins into the economy so that the F2P people out there can get the required coins in a reasonable amount of time.

Reactions: fanghoul and Veeko
https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1069789080525799424
So it has now been confirmed that natural diamonds will require their own type of key that is bought with Rift Coins. It has also been confirmed that natural diamonds will have increased upgrade costs. What do you all think about this? I personally hope they introduce more free Canopy Coins into the economy so that the F2P people out there can get the required coins in a reasonable amount of time.
Agree. I mean, you can get a fair bit of canopy coins with enough effort but with how fast golds can drain them? Maybe just making Medici prize fights more frequent would help? Maybe increasing the amount of coins that can drop from the Daily and Take a Break relics?

Also, not related but this post shows half of Class Cutter’s SA- “All hits from a BLOCKBUSTER or SPECIAL MOVE have a 10% chance to be UNBLOCKABLE and inflict DEATH MARK for 15 seconds.” Nice.

Reactions: TehSterBarn1
I'm pretty disappointed by Class Cutter's SA. I guess I should have figured that special moves would only be unblockable with a chance. On one hand, she'd be too strong if they were always unblockable. On the other hand, since they're not, she runs into the same problem that Peacock's tag in MA does. It's likely to do more harm than good.

I'm pretty disappointed by Class Cutter's SA. I guess I should have figured that special moves would only be unblockable with a chance. On one hand, she'd be too strong if they were always unblockable. On the other hand, since they're not, she runs into the same problem that Peacock's tag in MA does. It's likely to do more harm than good.
The way I’m interpreting this is that each individual hit of a special move or BB has a chance to be unblockable, not the entire move. Since most of Filia’s moves hit several times, I think that’s still pretty powerful.

The way I’m interpreting this is that each individual hit of a special move or BB has a chance to be unblockable, not the entire move. Since most of Filia’s moves hit several times, I think that’s still pretty powerful.
Ah, I didn't catch that. Still...I'm hesitant to say I like it. I guess I'll give my faith to the devs lol

Yeah, you can totally see that in the announcement clip. Bella blocks 2-3 hits of Hairball, then Splitting Hairs triggers and the rest of the move connects as well as inflicting Deathmark.

Rethinking this, I guess it's okay. The only way to upgrade them fully is to get keys by rift battles, and their upgrade costs is tremendous probably. A way to let the lower levels have fun, but to also put limits on how much they can upgrade them since they need to actively get rift coins and stuff to upgrade them. All in all. I just hope everyone has fun with them!

Edit: Also with reading the comments someone pointed out an interesting question:
What kind of intro animation will diamonds have?

Reactions: cappatacus
Great, now to decide whether to shoot for the Shining Relic or do the smart thing and buy premieres....

And what about the Silver Linning Relic? It's like just 1 per month
SGMobileTwitter: "Natural Diamond Fighters can be earned from any Relic which offers Fighters of random rarity! Premiere, Elemental, Character Relics, and more, will all offer a small chance at a Diamond Fighter!"

I'm guessing that since Silver Lining Relics have a fixed choice of two rarities that Diamonds will not be added? But who knows?

It's been speculated before, but anyone still think we'll get Diamond Relics and Gold cards will get you Diamond Shards?
IMHO, I hope not, I like idea that Natural Diamonds are just random pulls. In a way, Essence is like Diamond Shards but only for Evolving and that is a TON of work to do already.

Reactions: Ryouhi