• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 3.0.3 Update Notes (LIVE!)

Yeah, I’m a diamond 4, and how did that rating counting?
My guess is that the ratings system is pretty messy with new players being added to the system in huge chunks with similar ratings. Within a week or so the ratings will be a bit less random due to people actually playing the mode for a good while.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
You should hopefully be able to play out your end of the Rift Battle in less than 1 hour, hopefully ~30 minutes. We just want to make sure that nobody takes a top spot and then idles, playing as little as possible.

Let us know how the decay feels!

Um, maybe Rift battle should over when both players finished both battlefields, only to show the reaults, instead of waiting elapsed time. :eek:

So after the “limited time” rift battles will have to be fought from the ground up like pfs?

So after the “limited time” rift battles will have to be fought from the ground up like pfs?
I’m invested in this because for my first rift battle my opponent have over two third of their defense unmaxed bronze and silvers. So to have those sweet BB finish and 20+ combo bonus does this mean we are looking at a bigger investment in bronze and silver fighters?

The ranking system already confuses me. In a battle with a Gold 1 player with 1912 rift rating ant several diamond fighters, where my rating is 1956 Diamond 4 and I only have 1 Diamond fighter (this enemy basically is much stronger than me). I don't see how this player is rated lower than me.

Sorry... but this is the only update that will make me say "I'm not ready yet".
I guess I'm not going to get a high rating in Rift Battles... Such an dilemma

The ranking system already confuses me. In a battle with a Gold 1 player with 1912 rift rating ant several diamond fighters, where my rating is 1956 Diamond 4 and I only have 1 Diamond fighter (this enemy basically is much stronger than me). I don't see how this player is rated lower than me.
gold 1 is higher than gold4. check the rewards tab for how ranks are listed. but I have the same problem, im paired with "again" an opponent with only a few gold fighters.

• The creepy eyes in the background now stare at Fighters as they move around, because they weren't terrifying enough already.
This is the most important part of the update imho guys, can't wait to see what else is coming along too! (And wow... I have a LOT to catch up on...)

Personally, the only problem I have with the Rift so far is that none of my fighters get any experience. I feel like this is a pretty big missed opportunity to level up high level characters faster.
I'm split on this.
Not awarding XP means i don't get tempted trying to use low level fighters as fodder like i do in PFs and can instead fight at full power without worrying about wasting the XP

Rift Battles are unfair to me.
The matchmaking(Rift Battles) puts me with people who have at least 10K more power than my strongest character.
How is this not included in the matchmaking algorithms?
The game is no fun for me as time goes on.
After almost one and a half year I am thinking of quitting.

Rift Battles are unfair to me.
The matchmaking(Rift Battles) puts me with people who have at least 10K more power than my strongest character.
How is this not included in the matchmaking algorithms?
The game is no fun for me as time goes on.
After almost one and a half year I am thinking of quitting.
Fighters in the Rift defense map get buffed fighter scores due to the modifiers, especially in the boss node. You can see it in your own defense map. So it's not necessarily that the opponents strongest fighter was actually 10k stronger than your most powerful character.

Fighters in the Rift defense map get buffed fighter scores due to the modifiers, especially in the boss node. You can see it in your own defense map. So it's not necessarily that the opponents strongest fighter was actually 10k stronger than your most powerful character.
Still the fighters are stronger than my defense.
I'll never win this way.

Oh snap! This updates pretty cool. As far I'm going, the rift battles are cool... if you're battling opponents that are the same strength as you. I really feel bad for any silvers that match up with me. But after a while that shouldn't be possible.

New diamond fighters! Those look so much fun (and hard to collect... I still have yet to get Wrestler X and Idol threat one day...)

The last battle of rift battles really make you think about what fighters to use! (Managed to beat a very hard node with golds even though I lost against the same node with diamond fighters.)

Okay, now that i've been able to take part in 4 Rift Battles so far, it's safe to say doing 7 a week shouldn't be too bad. So far i've been able to beat them in roughly half an hour, even the harder ones. (note to self, don't start a rift battle during work break that lasts 30 minutes. it gets stressful)

However, the problem seems to be that matchmaking is quite wonky right now.

My first match i fought against a bronze 1 player (i'm Diamond 4!!). They only seemed to have silver fighters available and obviously couldn't even get past my first node of max level golds. Not to speak of my Diamonds strewn around my base either.

My next fight was against someone that was in Gold-Ranking and had a bunch of golds in their base, but they didnt seem to be maxed, so this didnt seem very fair either.

My thrid match was against someone from the sgm discord, this was so far my most balanced match, them being Diamond 4 as well, with 50 or so ranking more than me. It was a very close battle at the end and i assume this is what's intended.

Now my last match also was rather unbalanced, my opponent doesn't seem like he has the necessary fighters available to even get past my early nodes.

Not sure what's going on with the matchmaking right now, but this should be a top priority right now to fix. While i may enjoy my free wins (well i dont get many points though and lose a ticket), i'm sure it is very disheartening for lower ranked players to be met with an impossible to beat base.

---

Other suggestions:

This is something that we would love to do in the future, but it's a pretty complex request. Hopefully one day we can get a replay theater or something similar up and running!

An alternative may be letting us see what fighters the enemy used to beat our node, similarly to how we are able to see their team in PF defense.
This would allow you to see where your defense may be lacking and what fighters may help alleviate it's weaknesses. :)

Also, looking at the new Rift shop, maybe make essence the cheaper the more you are buying at once.
Since 100 essence-shards are 150 coins and 1 essence is 1500 coins, there's no point in saving up for the full essence.
Usually you'd have a small amount of savings when buying in bulk, so to speak, this also being the case in many other facets of the game like relics.

Still the fighters are stronger than my defense.
I'll never win this way.
I get that it sucks, but I'm pretty sure a large reason for adding rift battles was more content for end game players. It'll give others a nice challenge too - it just takes some working up to. You'll still be gaining points from your defense team, so you'll still be able to get Rift Coins.