• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 3.0.3 Update Notes (LIVE!)

Still trying to form an opinion about Rift Battles; Right now it has that 'new car smell', we'll see how long that will last ;)

Only fought 2 battles so far:

• Huge time sink/investment for small progression in RB rank and RiftCoins - I guess with longer streaks this will change.
• Hate to be that guy, but why are solo teams awarded "No Fighters Lost" points?
• Seems that Fighter MA/BB/Speical Moves are not 'locked in', meaning I can't configure cards differently for fights inside RB and fights outside RB. (an issue I had with Defense Teams in PF) - I know the work around is to build duplicate cards; one for defense and one for offense; that just requires time - the 1 resource I don't have an abundant supply of.

I really like the rift battles so far! The fact that you can only use one fighter once makes the tension high in most fights.

My only complaint is that Ms Fortune's AI is broken and I don't know how to deal with her. It feels like every time I move, she gets a hit in and combos. Help.

Reactions: B_W
Oookay, so on my first drift battle I'm sitting here waiting for the other guy to crash and burn because he ain't gonna clear out my nodes because matchmaking. It's G2 VS S1. It's not like I have any decent defense fighters (or any decent fighters - I got maybe half a dozen maxed golds, half of them not even natural), but the dude puts out easier teams than master dailies.

It's not exactly fair. It's also not exactly getting me close to 7 fights a week.

Can we haz simultaneous drifts so we don't have to wait till midnight for the other party to time out?

Played my first Rift Battle yesterday... That was pretty intense :O I won by a smidge despite failing to beat my opponent's final team. Thanks as always for the amazing update! Really looking forward to playing more Rift Battles! Hope to see everyone on the Rift. :rolleyes:

Ookay, second battle was G2 VS D4 and now the tables have turned - dude had 111K FS boss node against my 53K FS. I could not grind through 2 of his best nodes in 3 minutes and once received a chip damage hit for 20K HP on the boss node (from 38K FS buzzkill).

So when in an active Rift battle, you have the buttons My Base and Battle!. Battle! takes you to your enemy's map; My Base takes you to yours. Obviously during an active battle, you can't change the fighters on your base nodes. However, when viewing your defense map during an active battle, I noticed that beneath each node it says "Attempts" as it does when you are attacking your opponents map. Do these record when your opponent has challenged your map nodes? Does the defense map show you when an opponent has beaten your nodes during an active Rift battle?

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
Yet another person agreeing that Rift Battles matchmaking is not too hot so far. Seems like a decent concept, and does make use of the large rosters people like me build up, but I'm a diamond 4 and I've been matched against a bronze, a silver and two low golds so far. I don't know why I even bother clearing all the nodes, because the best someone has done against me is clearing three of mine, with several failed attempts. I did manage to lose one character on offense, but that was from a Painwheel reflecting a 60k damage Silent Scope back at me.

I do wish I was getting xp for these fights, and it seems that might at least help compensate people in these horribly lopsided match-ups. They have no incentive to even make an attempt at my defenses at the moment.

I'm enjoying the coins though, and I'm looking forward to pumping them into more upgrade points for Filia.

Holy moly, it seems like it's going to be hard on players who draw a natural diamond. You need to be in the 1% of Rift Battles to get a single key, and your alternative is buying them for 1,2500 rift coins each, or if you're lucky 1 million canopy coins.

So when in an active Rift battle, you have the buttons My Base and Battle!. Battle! takes you to your enemy's map; My Base takes you to yours. Obviously during an active battle, you can't change the fighters on your base nodes. However, when viewing your defense map during an active battle, I noticed that beneath each node it says "Attempts" as it does when you are attacking your opponents map. Do these record when your opponent has challenged your map nodes? Does the defense map show you when an opponent has beaten your nodes during an active Rift battle?
Yes, If there is a 'Red X' and [Attempt 1] on your node in My Base map - your opponent defeated your defense on the 1st attempt.

I've seen nodes of mine that have been defeated, and the attempts seem to go up as the person attempts it. There may be fewer people making attempts at this time, because people seem to be figuring out that there doesn't seem to be much incentive to even try in an unequal match up.

Edit: Arg! Beaten to the punch by seconds.

Okay, things I want in drift battles.

1. Clickable enemy portraits to show their profile.

2. I GIVE UP PSL NO KILL ME button for when you run out of carries. I'm currently sitting with no carries and 2 uncleared enemy nodes while the enemy has my base cleared. We are waiting an hour for the battle to end even though the result is basically final, and it would be nice to end the suffering already. Because basically any unequal matchmaking currently results in a 2 hour stall.

Yes, If there is a 'Red X' and [Attempt 1] on your node in My Base map - your opponent defeated your defense on the 1st attempt.
I've seen nodes of mine that have been defeated, and the attempts seem to go up as the person attempts it. There may be fewer people making attempts at this time, because people seem to be figuring out that there doesn't seem to be much incentive to even try in an unequal match up.

Edit: Arg! Beaten to the punch by seconds.
So if I check my base and see no red X's and no attempts made on any nodes, it means the opponent hasn't tried anything?

Thanks for all of the feedback so far guys! We're looking into the matchmaking as we speak, hopefully we'll have more details on that later.

Also, it was pointed out above, but a LOT of players are mistaking the increase in Fighter Score on their opponent's nodes (from the bonus ATK and HP % modifiers) as their opponent's true Fighter Score. Note that their Fighter Score is always lower than it seems.

Do these record when your opponent has challenged your map nodes?
Yeah, that's right.

Also, it was pointed out above, but a LOT of players are mistaking the increase in Fighter Score on their opponent's nodes (from the bonus ATK and HP % modifiers) as their opponent's true Fighter Score. Note that their Fighter Score is always lower than it seems.
It is the only metric you can use to compare your team with theirs though. That is, compare resulting FS of your nodes to FS of their corresponding nodes. It does not matter if their boss node FS is not the true fighter FS. It does matter that their boss node is two times the FS of your boss node.

In practice there are only 3 nodes that matter - boss and the two adjacent 3-figter nodes. Meaning the best fighters will go there. So if their best trio is twice the FS of your best trio, you will be fighting against 4 times your highest FS team plus modifiers. Ouch.

Really enjoying the heck out of rift battles so far. The most difficult thing is finding the alone time to complete one and focus on it fully. When I have it's been fantastic, the tension between setting my base and intelligently attacking my opponents is awesome. Will there be any metrics released post season 1 in the forum or wikia to help players better strategize or is that up to us? haha

I really like the rift battles so far! The fact that you can only use one fighter once makes the tension high in most fights.

My only complaint is that Ms Fortune's AI is broken and I don't know how to deal with her. It feels like every time I move, she gets a hit in and combos. Help.

I too have found Ms. Fortune's AI and move set hard to read. She counter's me more than any other fighter.

• Pause screen is now only unpaused when tapping RESUME, instead of unpausing when tapping anywhere outside of the pop up.
  • Thank you so much!
Personally, the only problem I have with the Rift so far is that none of my fighters get any experience. I feel like this is a pretty big missed opportunity to level up high level characters faster.

do wish I was getting xp for these fights, and it seems that might at least help compensate people in these horribly lopsided match-ups. They have no incentive to even make an attempt at my defenses at the moment.

I'm going to echo this sentiment; right now it feels like there is no upside in attempting a node with weaker characters so I should just abandon Rift battles and go level up until I have a bigger roster.

I know there is background matchmaking for Rift Battles, but is there a feature that sends a notification or something when an opponent is found? So that you know when to go back and check the Rift section? That would be very convenient.