• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Season's Beatings modifier discussion thread

Reshiram18

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1075586713349541889
The official SGM Twitter page has now revealed the fire element modifier for the upcoming Season's Beatings PF. The modifier is called Slay Bells and gives fire element fighters one stack of enrage for every three seconds that they are not hit (including blocked hits). One stack of enrage is removed with every successful hit the fire element fighter lands. What do you all think of the modifier?

Now HQ Bellas will counter-diamond you after a miss in one hit instead of one hit. Yay!

I don't really know other fire fighters. Legends tell tales of PW Filias and PD Big Bands, but enrage on first 5 hits of Big Band's L5 is sooo scary.

Reactions: Kokonut
Sounds like the High Tide elemental PF modifier.
PERMAFROST
[Water Element Fighters]: Gain 1 stack of ARMOR every 2 seconds, but each HIT suffered will remove a stack.
When benefiting from ARMOR, hits DISABLE opponent SPECIAL MOVES and BLOCKBUSTERS for 5 seconds.​

Makes me think the other elements will shake down like this, everyone getting stacks of a buff:
Fire = Enrage
Water = Armor
Air = Regen
Light = Immunity
Dark = Haste (no Doom clocks, pleeeease)

https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1075951103940780032
The water element modifier has now been revealed. It is called Let It Snow and gives water element fighters one stack of armor that lasts for 6 seconds whenever the water fighter takes a hit that deals less than 1% damage to their health. To clarify the armor is applied anytime the water fighter takes a hit that deals less than 1% of their max HP as damage. What do you guys think of this second modifier?

What do you guys think of this second modifier?
Is this game specifically made for Cerbellas?

The first modifier is for HQ.
The second is for Brain Freeze.

I mean realistically she's the only water fighter that can force you to deal less than 1% damage, and with the modifier she can snowball it from there.

Reactions: ALUni
Is this game specifically made for Cerbellas?

The first modifier is for HQ.
The second is for Brain Freeze.

I mean realistically she's the only water fighter that can force you to deal less than 1% damage, and with the modifier she can snowball it from there.
Next thing you know the wind modifier will be made for Armed Forces at this rate

Reactions: ALUni
Next thing you know the wind modifier will be made for Armed Forces at this rate
Winter breeze:Wind fighters gain permanent regen for every buff applied to them.A modifier just for armed forces(and g.i. jazz too i guess)

Will all these modifiers be active in the same prize fight? Haha, it’s gonna be a cluster fk.

https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1076294917809270784
The wind modifier has been revealed. It is called Mr. Grinch and it has this effect: "When a Wind Element fighter uses a Blockbuster, convert all buffs on the opponent into random debuffs." What do you all think of this modifier? Also this modifier does not seem to be made for Armed Forces specifically, at least at first glance.

Reactions: fanghoul
Lol, here be unintended consequences.

Wind fighter using a blockbuster turns enrage on a fire fighter into a permanent debuff.

EDIT: Rusty seems hit or miss on perma enrage. She does stack bleeds on BF though.

After playing for a bit I can conclude that most of these modifiers are fair. It is interesting that both sides are getting these modifiers. Overall only two of the modifiers (the water one and the light one) actually do anything to drag fights out. Even then water modifier Brain Freeze can be countered by BHD, Bio(although Bio has problems doing enough damage if the Brain Freeze has SG support), Rusty, and Buzzkill. Revived light fighters can be easily dispatched by buff removers.

Also the dark modifier is that when a dark element fighter suffers a critical hit, the opponent has their blockbusters disabled for ten seconds. Overall the modifier makes RE a bit a more annoying to fight if your counters to it rely on BBs, but Silent Kill has an easier time than the other counters because her SA removes debuffs from herself as well as removing opposing buffs.

Okay, Brain Freeze is not that horrible, but Untouchable is annoying. I think her zero-damage SA activations count towards the fight modifier so she gains armour just by being kicked around.

Also for some reason Daisy Pusher activation puts armour stacks on waters during the trip animation. They trip and get armour without any damage notification, then fall, get the first true hit, then get the coffin on top for the second true hit.

Silent kill Valentine with icu marquee (and i’m guessing high defense otherwise the modifier is bugged) is pretty much invincible with this water element modifier. And people know it. Therefore she is everywhere.

Such a valentine with 12 or 13k fs with one (1) shield just took a tuba tuba bb3 from a maxed out epic sax and it simply increased the one shield to a stack of 5. Almost zero damage and a heavy regen from the icu thanks to the stun from the tuba tuba... that water modifier is just broken.

Last edited:
Untouchable is broken. The second she evades a hit, that triggers armour, which becomes five stacks. The best you can hope for is getting one hit every few seconds.

I guess it's not so bad because there's bleed to counter that. Honestly, it's more my fault for forgetting when I go into a fight. Still annoying though

Untouchable is broken. The second she evades a hit, that triggers armour, which becomes five stacks. The best you can hope for is getting one hit every few seconds.

I guess it's not so bad because there's bleed to counter that. Honestly, it's more my fault for forgetting when I go into a fight. Still annoying though
Wind fighters turn all those stacks of armour into rows and rows of debuffs. I'm loving my Poltergust in this PF. She gains meter like crazy and then blows up stuff. I can get 2 BB3s in a row sometimes.

Wind fighters turn all those stacks of armour into rows and rows of debuffs. I'm loving my Poltergust in this PF. She gains meter like crazy and then blows up stuff. I can get 2 BB3s in a row sometimes.
Huh. That slipped my mind, since I only use two wind fighters and one of them is SG, who uh....doesn't really fight.

Imagine if this was the only modifier though. Hellish. I'd love it