• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Best use of crystals for a new player

Horus Lupercal

Reaction score
I'm about 5 days into playing skullgirls and have saved up ~1200 crystals. Whats the best way to spend them for a scrub?

Thanks!

Reactions: fanghoul
You just got into the game, so don't think too much about it, buy a 10+1 or save if you think you have enought fighters, it's your choice, just don't spend them on anything other than relics, you might be able to get more theonite, but the more fighters you have, the better it'll be in the future, even if they're just bronze characters.
Even if you want to save it, you'll get a lot of premiere relics through the story mode, but you'll reach a point where you'll just spend it all on relics, it's up to you to decide when you'll reach that point, the sooner the better though, i'd recommend saving 200 theonite crystals, just in case you want a character that you can't manage to pull out of premieres, this'll allow you to buy the character's relic when it appears in the shop (I'm not saying you have to, you can get all fighters out of premieres, but sometimes you'll get extremely unlucky and there might be 1 character who might only appear in 1 out of 30 pulls)
Enjoy the game, and welcome to the forum :D

I really only spend my Theonite (crystals) on Relics and extra roster slots. I don't even strictly need the latter, but I like them.

I agree with B_W that Premier Relics are probably best for you at this point, particularly in packs of 10+1, followed by character specific relics if there's some character you really want or need. There's also Elemental Relics, but those are really expensive and you don't get a lot for the extra cost, particularly at this point in the game.

A lot of the other things you can spend them on (coins, recharging characters, unlocking the skill tree) I would describe as more being an option for players that want to sink a lot of real world money into the game.

Thanks both! Yeah I thought going for character relics seemed to be the best use for them. The other options look really expensive for what they give you. Might start saving up coins for characters I like the look of in the temp shop as well.

Well, technically speaking character specific relics appear only on that character PFs days, so worst case you have to wait over a month for the character specific relic you need, at which point if you just need one instance of that character, it's overwhelmingly more likely that you'll be able to buy it off the cabinet, so nope, IMHO, keeping 200 theo for that single character relic is not worth it.

Character specific relics are only worth it in 10+1 packs if you are hunting for a specific variant of a specific character, and even then be ready to burn through thousands of theo (my crusade for Bio is still ongoing, christmas pull was a failure).

IMHO best uses for theo are premier relic 10+1 pulls and move collection slots (eventually).

There's also the 1600 theo to 1.8M coins offer in the cash shop. Strictly speaking if you go by theo to relic conversion rate it's the best option (premier relics cost 50K in the cabinet, so you'll be able to buy loads of them for 1.8M, much more than for theo), but the caveat is you'll have to wait forever to get that amount of relics off the cabinet, and you are much more likely to waste that 1.8M elsewhere.

Thanks both! Yeah I thought going for character relics seemed to be the best use for them. The other options look really expensive for what they give you. Might start saving up coins for characters I like the look of in the temp shop as well.
Every character is completely different, each having their own strengths and weaknesses, and every variant/skin also has it's own abilities, so you should wait a bit before buying stuff in the store, and if you do, buy only moves with good effects, and maybe a silver fighter if you want it that badly, but don't buy bronze stuff (Except for bronze keys), you'll just be throwing away your money since you'll eventually get all bronze fighters.
The reason i say this is because you might find specific characters who you like the most, wait until you learn about your character's abilities and equip skills and BBs (Blockbusters) that suit them the most, you'll get a lot of stuff on the story mode, so try not to spend a lot of canopy coins on the store, upgrade the characters you use and like instead, you might find yourself with a gold team with fully upgraded bronze characters on the future.

Thanks! I've got a few Bronzes new so I know you get them easily and won't be spending gold on them.

I've also been following this tier list as an idea of what characters are strong and choosing the ones I like from it.
https://i.redd.it/4tigp4vbllq11.jpg

I'm not sure about the differences between Bronze to Gold. Will a fully upgraded Bronze fighter be as good as a fully upgraded Gold? (Fully upgrading a Gold looks really expense)? Also whats the significance of the number given to the fighter. Bronzes seem to cap out at around 800 whereas Golds and Silvers can go way beyond 1000.

I'm sorry, please don't take what i say so literally, you can upgrade bronzes to gold, but they won't be as powerful unless you really know how to use them...
The number would resemble the "score" of the fighter (Don't know how to call it myself, so i usually call it "fighter score", even though it might not be accurrate), it's the average strength of your fighter, meaning that characters with similar scores (for example, 2500 vs 3000) will be pretty balanced during the fight, while a big difference (another example, 1500 vs 2800) won't make the fight impossible, but it'll be pretty hard.
As for rarities, bronze, silver, gold and diamond are different tiers, each with different max level caps (in order, it would be lvl30, lvl40, lvl50 and lvl60).

Bronzes are naturally the weakest tier, meaning they have the lowest stats and their Signature abilities are usually not so good (With a few exceptions), you can upgrade them to silver, gold and all the way up to diamond if you want, however you'll need to know how to use that fighter correctly in order for it to perform well, and when you evolve characters they go back to lvl1, their base stats are higher, but you'll have to get them to max lvl again, however, their skill tree's upgrade price won't change, so you can still use bronze keys to upgrade them regardless of what tier they are.
Silvers are stronger than Bronzes, but again, they're not special except for a few exceptions, they have higher stats and kinda cool SAs (Short for signature abilities), which would make for a better main character, but they still face the same problem, even though they're stronger, they're not as good as gold fighters, so if you want them to perform well you have to know how to use them.
Golds are where the real fun begins, they have high stats and most of them have pretty helpful and importante SAs, they're really expensive to upgrade, but it's really worth it, they perform far better than the already mentioned, with a few exceptions, you can upgrade them to diamond, but they're not the strongest tier yet.
Diamonds are the highest tier in the game, having some of the highest stats and really good SAs regardless of which fighter it is, they cap at lvl60 and they'll be time consuming, but in that time you'll definitely create a bond with them regardless of which fighter they are (Don't spend a lot of real money just on them though, i'm not against it, feel free to do so if you want, in fact the dev team definitely deserves it, but be aware that natural diamonds will lead you to bankruptcy faster than Thanos could ever snap his fingers).

And that's about it, basically what i said, most bronze not good, half silver good, most gold amasing and all diamond perfekt (And that was my poor attempt of a joke), there are no bad fighters, you can master any variant, just look for one that you'd like and try it for a few days, you'll then know if it's suited for you or not, even if you don't like them give them a chance, and maybe you'll find that hidden gem :D.

most bronze not good, half silver good, most gold amasing and all diamond perfekt
Eeeh. Personally I find bronzes better on average than silvers. In fact I struggle to name decent silvers. Doublicious, Purrfect Dark, arguably RE (that is, only useful on defense, not a fighter you'd want to actually play), Peashooter and now maybe the Battletoads. Most other silvers have way too useless or actively harmful SAs (i mean look at Blood drive! She bleeds herself faster than she bleeds enemies!).

Eeeh. Personally I find bronzes better on average than silvers. In fact I struggle to name decent silvers. Doublicious, Purrfect Dark, arguably RE (that is, only useful on defense, not a fighter you'd want to actually play), Peashooter and now maybe the Battletoads. Most other silvers have way too useless or actively harmful SAs (i mean look at Blood drive! She bleeds herself faster than she bleeds enemies!).
That was a joke actually... but as you said, there are bronze characters that are not good, when there are others which you could even upgrade to diamond due to their SAs, the same happens with silver and gold, you just have to check them and see what advantages they give you, and learn how to use them properly.

Thanks! I've got a few Bronzes new so I know you get them easily and won't be spending gold on them.

I've also been following this tier list as an idea of what characters are strong and choosing the ones I like from it.
https://i.redd.it/4tigp4vbllq11.jpg

I'm not sure about the differences between Bronze to Gold. Will a fully upgraded Bronze fighter be as good as a fully upgraded Gold? (Fully upgrading a Gold looks really expense)? Also whats the significance of the number given to the fighter. Bronzes seem to cap out at around 800 whereas Golds and Silvers can go way beyond 1000.
If I'm mistaken, that chart is a bit outdated, since it doesn't include some of the new silver characters recently introduced. The official list is in the forums if you want one that includes like, 10(???) more characters and a few characters placed differently because of new abilities. Namely Parasoul Sheltered, who I highly recommend building up.