• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Blocking

vCaptain Nemo

Reaction score
I'm still pretty relatively new to this game, but I play it often, and I don't know if this just me being pretty inexperienced with fighters in general or an actuall issue so this is more of a curiosity rather than a bug report. It seems like AI opponents can block attacks on a dime (I'm not talking about the “turtling” thing that so many people have debated over) while my fighters have to wait until an animation ends for a block to register which causes a half second window of vulnerability when the AI counter combos. Again this may be due entirely to my noob-ness, but I'm just curious if anyone has experienced this?

I have found that the AI simply has better timing, cause if I'm quick, I can usually do the same thing you're reporting where I punish their combo after blocking it. What I usually find works is to block the combo, then use the block stun on their last hit (and you can ignore launchers and sweeps if you do this) to release my fingers and start spamming a tap combo so that I can immediately punish them. The sweeps and launchers can be ignored because there's generally some extra time between them and ground combos which usually can't be used when you're in hit stun, but which can be used, after blocking, to hit them before their animation ends and they can block.

Try it out. And if I'm wrong, then maybe it's a bug you're experiencing.

@vCaptain Nemo I'm going to move this to feedback for now. Welcome to Skullgirls Mobile!

Good news everyone!"

We're currently working on adjusting all of the BB's to be consistent with their post recovery vulnerability frames.
Hopefully by the time the next update arrives, most (if not all) of them should be easily punishable after you block them.

That being said, some moves may still have enough knockback to push fighters out of the range of their first tap attacks, which would still make them effectively "safe" unless you buffer long ranged moves for when your fighter recovers such as BB1 - Argus Agony.

Don't worry, help is on the way! This should result in being able to properly punish as soon as you regain control of your unit following blocking.

As far as punishing their basic tap combo, just keep an eye out for the opponent to end their tap combo with an unsafe move. This current prize fight gold is a great chance to practice blocking if you dont mind tanking some wins and have silver/gold characters.
For example, Filia's two least safe moves are her ground slide attack and the launcher move that looks like Zetsu from naruto.