• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 2019 PREVIEW

So make all Doubles useless?
Not really. The only one that benefits from transmuting several times is Rainbow (who has the chance to gain immunity by doing so). The others just want the advantage, which could definitely be managed in 3 second intervals.

Not really. The only one that benefits from transmuting several times is Rainbow (who has the chance to gain immunity by doing so). The others just want the advantage, which could definitely be managed in 3 second intervals.
Jawbreaker also has a chance to gain immunity as well when transmuting

Last edited:
Jawbreaker also has a chance to gain immunity as well when transmuting
Even better. Although, that makes me wonder if immunity will override the system too much. Realistically you're not going to have it on the entire time, but you can keep it up for a while. Hm...I'm sure the devs will work it out. Maybe the debuffs from blocking will override immunity?

Jawbreaker and xenomorph

Jawbreaker and xenomorph
It's already been pointed out that Jawbreaker can gain immunity, and Xenomorph falls again into the category of "once I've gotten where I wanted, I'm fine".

I'm not saying it's the perfect solution, but actively punishing blocking is really the only way to avoid it and create enjoyable fights.

I'm not saying it's the perfect solution, but actively punishing blocking is really the only way to avoid it and create enjoyable fights.
On my end idea of prevent block is not bad, but it's very disballance to give debuff for it... How about disabling of BB-grow by hits in blocks?

On my end idea of prevent block is not bad, but it's very disballance to give debuff for it... How about disabling of BB-grow by hits in blocks?
A modifier that inflicts Blockbuster Disable on blocked hits? That still punishes blocking. I don't feel that this is a bad idea, but neither is the random debuffs for blocking. Disabling blockbusters honestly wouldn't be that much of an incentive to not block. It's annoying at best, and that becomes especially true when you factor in that PvP would most likely not have one team with 200% bonus health or something for obvious reasons. One random debuff for three seconds of blocking is a far cry from OP imo. On its own, I don't think there's a single debuff that would be debilitating for a fighter. It would just be an incentive for players to not turtle for so long that the fight becomes dull.

*pops my head up through the floorboards* Did someone say alternate VO support? When I play mobile, I do lowkey miss the little Valley Girl Painwheel "Rawr!" voice line.

Surprisingly, I'm super excited for the potential of Fukua arriving to mobile, especially with how different Skullgirls Mobile is from Skullgirls proper. I'd like to see just how she'd play on mobile, and what pre-existing fighters would work the best with her variants.
Plus I just want to play as Shadow the Hedgehog.

I’m late to the party and can’t say much that hasn’t been said by everyone else, but I’m certainly looking forward to what 2019 brings!

I for one am excited for the prospect of seeing more origin stories- nothing better than a bit of lore and free relics!

Glad to hear R.Fortune is on the way and the possibility of new characters being implemented sure is exciting. Also not gonna lie, if the Alternate VOs were added I’d shill out for weaboo peacock immediately haha!

Here’s to a great 2019!

seeing as it's possible that Maria would be a future boss, do you have a bit of a plan for her to one day become playable?

forgot to say a big thank you to support, devs like Liam, bones, sixteen, psycho and the rest, thank you for an amazing 2018 although I started around September, it has all been wonderful, great to see everyone again in 19, keep up the great work.

Well, since we're taking suggestions for what we want to see, I do have a couple of potential ideas...

-Favorite tags!
Being able to mark certain fighters or moves as favorites so you can't accidentally sacrifice them or so you can tell which one is which amongst duplicates.

-Move fusions!
Taking moves of the same type or rank and combining them to level them up, the same as fighters. It might also help you shift a specific perk from one move on to another more effective one.

-Defense EXP gain!
Having fighters in a defense team for Prize Fights gain trace amounts of exp when they win, or at the very least, enough to make it a viable option as opposed to running around grinding all of them one at a time.

Apart from those, I am very, VERY hyped to see what this year brings, especially when it comes to new origin stories and fighters!

Have you guys ever toyed with the idea of some sort of recycling system? E.g. taking 3 Nunsense (or really any variant but Nunsense is a good sacrifice lol) of the same rarity and rerolling them for another Double that's guaranteed to be different from the recycled variant while keeping the same tier? In my head it would be fully random unless you have 3 of a kind, and you could only reroll with 3 of the same tier.

With moves it could work the same, cept' if you have say 3 silver moves for Parasol you're sure to get another Parasol move, and different if it's 3 duplicates. Otherwise same tier moves from different fighters just net you the same rarity move randomly for any fighter, even if it's not a move for the same units who those 3 belonged to.

I mean selling them is fine, it's just an idea for maybe when you play all of a characters dailies for the week and you didn't snag a move you were shooting for, you could try your luck and get a few more chances at maybe rolling it. That way you might be able to negate the chance you have to wait another week to attempt getting it in the event you don't manage to happen upon it before then. Just an idea. I haven't explicitly been struggling with obtaining anything worthwhile to the point where I'd have to rely on such a feature yet, but I imagine the more your collection grows the more players would value being able to melt the immense duplicates down in favor of fewer moves that they are certain they'll want to have someone sporting.

I have no idea if anyone would want this either but it's a mechanic I've used in a handful of past games and generally everyone liked having it and had found success in using it ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

I really wanted to see Black Dahlia in this game!!! She's the best ever. She's stronger than Skullgirl! Please put the Black Dahlia in the SGM! Thanks

Last edited:
On the topic of suggestions, I think a revamped training mode would be nice. The thing about the current training mode is that you can test offense SAs, but without something like Lonesome Lenny, you can’t test defense SAs.
So here’s my thoughts:
-Make it so you can choose who your opponents are. That way, you can test strategies and other tactics against defense fighters like Resonant Evil. Also, options to evolve bronze/silver characters to gold, and gold characters to diamond (so you can fight a diamond Kill Joy, for example)
-Let us change the behavior of the A.I. For example, make them act like a CPU, or constantly guard, or let the player record a combo and then have the A.I. repeat it. General fighting game training stuff like that.
-Also let us experiment with modifiers and catalysts. For example, if someone is having trouble with one of the Master Story modifiers, let them experiment with the modifier without requiring energy.
But that’s just my two cents. You guys at HV made a great game, and I look forward to what comes in the future!

Still really enjoying Skullgirls mobile. It's a true classic. Thanks for all your hard work. Any chance of an update of game progress, new characters, variants, game modes, origin stories et al? It's been a while since this thread was posted and a little taster for Q4.2019 and Q1.2020 would I'm sure be warmly received.

Almost all of what was promised has been added by now, an I am really happy about that. Can we get a little more info on how the development of guilds is going?

Reactions: KissBlue