• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection “Projectile” Descriptor

Hebbski23

Reaction score
It would be nice if there was an in-game way to tell if a move is considered to be a projectile. Several SA work specifically with projectiles, and sometimes I have to wonder if a move actually counts as such.

For example, I got punished hard by a Windswept Filia because I didn’t know Eliza’s Upper Khat is actually a projectile, allowing the Filia to dodge it and counter me.

It would be nice if there was an in-game way to tell if a move is considered to be a projectile. Several SA work specifically with projectiles, and sometimes I have to wonder if a move actually counts as such.

For example, I got punished hard by a Windswept Filia because I didn’t know Eliza’s Upper Khat is actually a projectile, allowing the Filia to dodge it and counter me.
Yeah at least on special moves or blockbusters, having a small tag that says "projectile" in the move description would be nice, and maybe a special SM/BB frame for projectile/grab moves?

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
This is definitely a gray area.

This would be a great addition, yes, but I’m going to have to play the Devil’s advocate here so that we can think this through fully: how are you going to label the multi-hit SMs and BBs that contain a mixture of different attack categories? For example, I don’t believe the first part of Middle of the Sphinx counts as a projectile, but the second part where she sneezes the nose off does. Do you label the whole move as a projectile attack? Or do you just add a small label to say it contains projectiles?

This would be a great addition, yes, but I’m going to have to play the Devil’s advocate here so that we can think this through fully: how are you going to label the multi-hit SMs and BBs that contain a mixture of different attack categories? For example, I don’t believe the first part of Middle of the Sphinx counts as a projectile, but the second part where she sneezes the nose off does. Do you label the whole move as a projectile attack? Or do you just add a small label to say it contains projectiles?
Any move that contains projectiles could have the projectile tag tbh. Any identification would be a positive

Reactions: Psyche
We've wanted to do detailed move labels for awhile, such as "Multi-Tap" for the moves that can be tapped more than once.
This would likely be a replacement for the "unblockable" text that reads under BB3's.

Might be able to squeeze "Projectile" and "Throw" in there too!
For Bang Bang Bang! it's a bit complicated.

I could definitely see bug reports popping up from moves that aren't 100% throw / projectile damage, but I think it would be worth it anyway.

Last edited:
Multi-tap would be great to have labeled too. It took me too long to figure out how to use Upper Khat and Bang Bang Bang!

Reactions: Liam and Gerhop
Maybe something along the lines of a different colored hitspark for projectiles? Or a “projectile attack” message during battle? Because even with proper descriptors for special moves and BBs, attacks like Peacock’s jab combo finisher (the cannonball) won’t be able to be easily defined outside of battle.

Reactions: You cant beat D
Someone knows if there is some kind of move list who shows moves that are considered projectiles/throws? It would help a lot!

Last edited:
Someone knows if there is some kind of move list who shows moves that are considered projectiles/throws? It would help a lot!
Believe it or not, the Shoryuken wiki for Skullgirls 2nd Encore has all of this information. We haven't modified any of these "Projectile" rules.

Take a look at the Properties field for "Projectile" - it's very accurate!

Ex:

1.PNG

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/Peacock

Believe it or not, the Shoryuken wiki for Skullgirls 2nd Encore has all of this information. We haven't modified any of these "Projectile" rules.
Oh, what about throws?

Because apparently not all throws are made equal.

Let's look at Cerbella and her MA (Upper Hand in my case). Moves that are considered throws for the purpose of MA are regular throw, pummel horse and merry gorilla. Blockbusters are excluded.

Yet Understudy SA works works on blockbuster throws too.

Even though it both cases it's just THROWS, interpretation is different.

Another day, I was playing and IA had the "no damage from throws" buff. Both of us were with our last fighters and about 15%hp. My BHD's Fenrir Drive charged up, and I used it (very relieved with this victory). But I discovered (by the worst way) that the second part of Fenrir Drive is considered a throw, because the opponent took no damage. Oh well, living and learning.

Because apparently not all throws are made equal.
Most throws are equal, but we use different triggers for different MAs and SAs.

In the case of Understudy's SA, we have a specific point in the throw set to trigger her SA and only her SA to prevent her from getting 5 stacks of ARMOR from Pummel Horse. She listens for that trigger on each throw.

Other abilities, like her MA, just listen for a "Throw Hit", and nothing else.

We do this here and there for balance reasons, but the details aren't well documented. If you want to document these ability activation rules, maybe you could do so here?
http://skullgirlsmobile.wikia.com/wiki/Understudy

Other abilities, like her MA, just listen for a "Throw Hit", and nothing else.
But this means her blockbusters don't do throw hits since none of he blockbusters I've tried trigger her MA, but do trigger SA. I'd expect the opposite from your description on SA triggers.

But this means her blockbusters don't do throw hits since none of he blockbusters I've tried trigger her MA, but do trigger SA. I'd expect the opposite from your description on SA triggers.
My bad. Her MA listens for Throw Hit, and also excludes Blockbuster Throw Hits.

If her BBs built BB meter, she'd just endlessly loop Blockbuster throws against the opponent, which would be pretty powerful!

If her BBs built BB meter, she'd just endlessly loop Blockbuster throws against the opponent, which would be pretty powerful!
Her Upper Hand no longer drains meter, it only burns it, so you don't get what the enemy loses meter wise. It was changed in 2.5 I believe.

OTOH anything that hurts Bella is fine by me, she's too annoying both ways. Just want clarifications on the mechanics.

Her Upper Hand no longer drains meter, it only burns it, so you don't get what the enemy loses meter wise. It was changed in 2.5 I believe.

OTOH anything that hurts Bella is fine by me, she's too annoying both ways. Just want clarifications on the mechanics.
Doubly my bad, haha.

Either way, that rule persisted even after the MA nerf.

We have a lot of exceptions that aren't listed, and the best way to understand them is usually to play or ask someone for clarification - Skullgirls Discord is great for that!

Another example would be that Om Nom Nom is a "Head Hit" but it doesn't activate Furry Fury or Purrfect Dark's SAs because we've disabled Blockbusters from activating them. In the future, another Ms. Fortune variant could activate their SA using Head Hits through Om Nom Nom.