• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fighter and rift node synergies.

That one below the boss one that provides Armor is good for Resonant Evil, Heavy Metal and Dead of Winter.

The one above it is a good place to put people with Last Stand, since it creates the temptation to try and kill them with Chip Damage, and thus stun your attacker and leaving them open to be killed by the next person to tag in.

I feel like the one one the right of the boss node works well with a number of characters that generate their own buffs and slow you down in the process, like Resonant Evil, but especially Armed Forces. I've seen a lot of people put Untouchable Peacock on there too, but that's never stopped me in the same way. Probably this is one of the few places it would really make sense to use Meow and Furever.

The node to the left of the Boss node is tricky. It seems like it should be more powerful than it is, but it's still a good place to put a powerful Diamond, since it'll take one to crack it then usually. Maybe another good place for a Cerebella, since she's pretty good about using her blockbusters when they're available. Same with Ms. Fortune.

That early node with Barbed Wire is perfect for Assassin's Greed Valentine.

One of the quirks of the boss node is that even if debuffs don't apply to Valentine on it, even trying to place a debuff on her sets off ICU.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
I imagine Resonant Evil would be a nightmare on Sacrosanct. Debuff removal could work, but it'd make it much more difficult to inflict Defense Break, Curse, Bleed, etc. to counter Armour. Also, HP based SAs like Dreadlocks on the nodes with stat boosts. Yikes.

I imagine Resonant Evil would be a nightmare on Sacrosanct. Debuff removal could work, but it'd make it much more difficult to inflict Defense Break, Curse, Bleed, etc. to counter Armour. Also, HP based SAs like Dreadlocks on the nodes with stat boosts. Yikes.

Oh yeah, some of the HP boosted nodes combine with Immortal Fiber to be a real pain, since you want to avoid dying.

As for RE on the boss node, I handle him the same as everyone else: Massive Burst Damage from Primed and Poultergust.

He's good there, but there's a plethora of good characters for the boss node.

Another strategy is to spread out your diamonds rather than make the hardest boss and mini-boss nodes possible.

Any time there's a buffed high level diamond, your enemy is also going to want or need to bring a diamond to fight them. On some nodes you can make this a 1-to-1 exchange, so that they need one diamond to take out one of yours. But anyone that's played through high level prize fights knows that it only takes 1-2 diamonds to take out another group 3 buffed diamonds (the boss node in rift battles being a slight exception here), which makes the exchange rate more like them paying 1-2 to defeat your 3.

By spreading the Diamonds around a little, you can make them also expend more Diamonds early on trying to beat nodes, and increase your chance of getting them stuck, by running out of diamonds and having to use less optimal fighters.

So you can try to make the mini-boss nodes impossible, but they're just not going to be, and if you can make someone spend 1 of their Diamonds somewhere else by making the mini-boss node 2 diamonds and a good gold support, it might be worthwhile.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
Arg, sorry for posting so much here in a row. I think about this all too much.

Okay, so you know Bioexorcist, Lovecrafted, all those character's who's weakness is being sniped at from a distance?

Put them in the top mini-boss node. Because that node is secretly the anathema of projectile fighters.

The cost of sniping at people from a distance is it's harder to avoid having them block it. And that's normally fine, because it just means doing less damage, but they're still kept at arm's length, and so people like Bioexorcist are still not really working well. But on that one node, having them block it can actually be fatal, because it stuns you and then the damage comes pouring in.

I never use Primed on that node anymore for that reason, and it would suck if people started putting the characters that she's the best counter to there, and so I'm posting that online in this forum because ???

People put RE, AF or Untouchable on the armour node, but I feel it's wasted on them since the armour node is the place to use rusty/Doublicious/SK making defensive fighters hurt themselves with the modifier. This node is a good place for Bloodbath and ICU Vals because it makes it impossible to get around the modifier with Rusty/Bloodbath/BHD.

Stun node is good for Squiglies and Ms.Fortunes because of their L5s being hard to punish for many characters.

Boss node is BF with SG all the way.

The most annoying bleed node I've seen was Xeno+AG, but the main problem with AG is her SA is bugged giving her immortality, so I'd use her with caution.

High level IF is good on nodes with high HP modifiers since she pretty much guarantees you lose survival bonus even if you win (even on solo nodes).

Immunity node is good with RE/AF since it forces you to split your anti-buff characters between armour node and immunity node (otherwise you could do immunity with Diva).

Squiglies are best used as the first character on defense because they are much harder to deal off neutral than off a tag-in. I sometimes deliberately let enemy fighters live so they would tag out and I could catch Bio on tag in if the enemy team has her (typical boss node).

Good ideas!

I'm beginning to wonder a little why I'm bothering so much with planning my defenses though. I have 10 diamonds now, so it's not like I have a weak roster, but "guy with fewer diamonds in their defense but beats all my nodes on the first try and has nearly the max possible number of points in the end" is becoming a real common flavor of Rift Battle for me regardless of how I place my units.

Good ideas!

I'm beginning to wonder a little why I'm bothering so much with planning my defenses though. I have 10 diamonds now, so it's not like I have a weak roster, but "guy with fewer diamonds in their defense but beats all my nodes on the first try and has nearly the max possible number of points in the end" is becoming a real common flavor of Rift Battle for me regardless of how I place my units.
It's the love of strategy my dude, I do that kinda stuff. On some games I've spent so long optimizing my team for a challenge stage I thought would be really hard, and whether my synergy had anything to do with it or not I'm unsure, but I'd smear the mission so fast that I'd just sit there like "I spent all that time..for that? Well at least this is in my pocket for later, and my energy recharged while I did LOL"

Thanks for all the strat tips though, saves me a little time (ಠ‿↼)

Does the node with Reactive Armor stack with Resonant Evil's SA?
That is to say, if you put a Resonant Evil on that node, is it a 20% chance that he'll gain armor when hit?

Hmmmmm...
For the armor node, I think a team comp of Dead of Winter, Private Dick and Last Hope would be difficult to take on. 2 fighters that are supposed to make you waste time on taking them out take even longer to take out, those being DoW and Last Hope. Meanwhile PD's already very tanky and his 50/50 chance of resisting a debuff can make him a very difficult fighter to deal meaningful damage to with bleed or something. Last Hope supporting them only makes things harder. Another good comp would be Heavy Metal, Brain Freeze, and Sketchy. Heavy Metal and Brain Freeze can tank while Sketchy makes them immune to bleeds and armor break while also letting them gain meter faster.

For the immunity node, fighters like G.I Jazz, Meow and Furever, Armed Forces, and Resonant Evil become monsters since your methods of defeating them become very limited. Bleed and armor break all become worthless because of immunity.

For the boss node, there are several comps that I feel could become problematic. One in particular I feel that way towards would be Resonant Evil, Buzzkill with Grudge, and Surgeon General. Another one would be Bio-Exorcist, Dread Locks, and Armed Forces. Immoral would work excellently there too. The massive health boost on that node would make her too risky to take on without hex or killing her last.

since the post didnt specify defense or offense. im priming my diamond UV for the armor node. that node is made for UV. its free dmg buff for UV. right now teamed with two pea shooters my 10k fs UV's argus agony have 15k dmg thrown in the BB. never meet anyones buff that can defend against her. also confirm i have fought against brainfreeze and shes not a problem. the problem with UV is if i make one mistake, im died. unless im facing RE lmao everyones RE is so defense focused my UV can handle at least three L5 and juggle combos before she dies.

Reactions: fanghoul
i want to talk about RE a bit more. from what i have seen every RE is close to 50% def buffed and most people put RE on boss node, immunity or armor node and hope for timeout. because i have never seen a RE killing any of my team, even with a bunch of combo and BBs my fighters still have HP left because RE's dmg is so LOW ITS A JOKE. the unexpected would be when i get inevitably stunned by RE and that RE bust out a combo with dmg on par with other fighters and kills one of my carries and make me lose 500 no death bonus and make me ponder to rematch or finish the fight.

Reactions: fanghoul