• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Issue with the Japanese Translation

Reaction score
It’s become an almost everyday discussion on the japanese chat, but none the less the japanese translation of the current skullgirls is extremely—and I apologize for being rude—bad.
For starters, Peacocks’s marquees abilities’ translations are completely incorrect. People go to the chats to ask for help on what is going on, but most of the time people just say that they need to go to the english (only english by the way: so a lot of japanese people can’t fully understand) site for the correct translation. This is a problem because it’s not like it’s just small language problem where it’s like tiny mistake and you can still understand, it’s like so bad that it’s straight up lying to the player that’s leveling that marquee ability.
There’s many more incorrect translations within the game, including weird expressions used. But, I would just like to let it known that Skulkgirls mobile is picking up speed within japan VERY quickly, players playing the japanese version are just trying to better the game, and that these complaints are not coming from a place of resent for the game.

Edit: I would be happy to do it.( Just an fyi, sorry for being so blunt)

Last edited:
Reactions: Diony
It’s become an almost everyday discussion on the japanese chat, but none the less the japanese translation of the current skullgirls is extremely—and I apologize for being rude—bad.

Sorry to hear!

Nobody in the core development team speaks Japanese, so we won't notice the same things that you're noticing during our day to day playing. Due to that, it would be extremely helpful if you could tell us where you see errors such as the one you've pointed out here with Peacock's Marquee Ability.

Telling us the translation is bad unfortunately isn't too helpful.

We are more than happy to pass these strings back to our localization partners for improvements and fixes. If you write a list of Japanese strings that need attention somewhere, please @ me in that thread and I'll be happy to get them resolved asap.

Sorry to hear!

Nobody in the core development team speaks Japanese, so we won't notice the same things that you're noticing during our day to day playing. Due to that, it would be extremely helpful if you could tell us where you see errors such as the one you've pointed out here with Peacock's Marquee Ability.

Telling us the translation is bad unfortunately isn't too helpful.

We are more than happy to pass these strings back to our localization partners for improvements and fixes. If you write a list of Japanese strings that need attention somewhere, please @ me in that thread and I'll be happy to get them resolved asap.

Thank you!!! and ya sure! I will try to write up a list the best I can, but it would sure help if I was able to get a full script of the everything other than spoken lines of characters.
I understand that that is a big request, and the script might even be something not supposed to be given out to anyone, but if it ends up being an impossible request then I understand.

Reactions: Liam