• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Rift battles - Tricky defenses.

lothorie

Reaction score
You are a good guy and you planning your rift, using the strongest fighters, but some guys on 2k elo drops a bronze to defense. To make free 100-150 points per fight by 50+ combo and bb finish on your not bronzed defense?
This is really annoying. So maybe should be added new bonus, called “blitzcrieg”, that gives 100-150 points if battle finished over 10-15 seconds? Or maybe it’s a good desicion to block bronze after 1800 elo, what do you think?
Maybe you guys have suggestions, how to prevent abusing this kind of defenses.

Attachments

• E75F616C-F4A7-4798-A4BC-D6BD6D20A862.jpeg
    E75F616C-F4A7-4798-A4BC-D6BD6D20A862.jpeg
    419.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
neat idea!
You’re not the first one with high elo, who actually doing bronze/silver defenses, just want to ask the other people what are they thinking about it o_O

Last edited:
I know that is annoying but is not big of a deal, just let them hit you and finish with a blockbuster, youre not going to get the 50pts for the x20 combo but you will get the 100 extra for the blockbuster..

I dont even see how is he winning with that strategy, he is giving you free 100 extra points in exchange of only 10 points of time. He is not even making you use any strong fighter either so all your variants will be ready for the other nodes. If he doesnt have some stupidly strong defense this is just a free win.

I dont even see how is he winning with that strategy, he is giving you free 100 extra points in exchange of only 10 points of time. He is not even making you use any strong fighter either so all your variants will be ready for the other nodes. If he doesnt have some stupidly strong defense this is just a free win.
To raise bb meter by getting enemy hits, you need some time. Remained time+health are still bonuses.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
I dont see how a bronce fighter will make you health bar deplete, and to charge your bb you only need to get hit that is the fastest way to charge the bb bar, at max 10 - 15 seg depending of what bb making the bronce fighter hit you that is 10 - 15 points for 100 free point for bb finish.

Last edited:
I dont see how a bronce fighter will make you health bar deplete, and charge your bb you only need at max 10 - 15 seg that is 10 - 15 points.
Okay, it’s not for the scores, it’s all about kind a sporting spirit. Why some guys keep doing this, instead of normal defense, what’s the point to do that?

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
Okay, it’s not for the scores, it’s all about kind a sporting spirit. Why some guys keep doing this, instead of normal defense, what’s the point to do that?
For the easy win of course, if you dont ever bother to see the points schedule they just 1shot the bronce variant and lose 150points. But as i say this is not big of a deal if you know what to do. The real problem is, for example, im fighting some dude (im not giving names but is diamond 1) that puts not maxed gold fighter (around 3k - 6k) same as this dude put the bronce fighters but actually this gold variants will make you character health deplete making what i say early useless. That is nasty.

depends on how many points you usually earn per fight. is this super-weak-defense making you get lower scores?
form me, I average around 2050-2250 per fight. everytime over 2100 makes me happy and fighting against these 100fs bronze gives me 2100 or higher.

Reactions: fanghoul
Looks like mentos.

Doing it wrong by the way, it's better to have squishy silvers on those positions if you really want to screw with the opponent.

Since meter gain on hit is per hit basis, just standing still and getting hit by those guys gets meter relatively fast.

Since they are base bronzes, you don't lose points to HP damage. Since they are base bronzes, you oneshot them with any BB1, even through block (only have to do it to the last enemy standing).

So you only lose 50 points on 20 combo, but instead gain points on remaining HP and time (it's still faster to kill them than do a proper fight against a proper gold team).

In practice you get about 2200-2250 points on those bronze nodes which is about what you get from normal fights, only against bronzes you can't accidentally screw up.

Doing it wrong by the way, it's better to have squishy silvers on those positions if you really want to screw with the opponent.
Don't really know how to feel about this. Since most people have at least a couple of maxed silvers it would be easier to battle against them, no? Anyway, i'll try it out and see what sticks, thanks.

Reactions: fanghoul
Don't really know how to feel about this. Since most people have at least a couple of maxed silvers it would be easier to battle against them, no? Anyway, i'll try it out and see what sticks, thanks.
Alternatively midlevel golds if you have them.
The point is, loss of 50 combo points is offset by gain in remaining timer, and there's pretty much no loss of HP. When I fought your team a couple of days ago, I got 2200 pts+ on all your bronze nodes while some setups can get me down to around 2150 pts or less easily even without mistakes on my part (especially with annoying fighters like Ms.Fortunes, Painwheels). I'd say reactive SAs would be pretty helpful - IF (she still nukes your HP even if you kill her last), tainted blood painwheels, twisted mettle, frayed ends.

Then again, your shwortz is bigger than mine.

Looks like mentos.
I fought his rift once. His boss node was three Frayed Ends Filia, and one of them was Diamond. I could actually see the effectiveness, since the 200% HP plus the diamondization made it so that I'd die from bleeds faster than I could kill them.

I think I ultimately one that battle, though, because mentos didn't attack my map at all.