• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Idea to fix Stand out

Reaction score
I personally understand that the vampirism part of her SA1 kinda goes with her buffet theme (lol), but the weird part that it only works if the she has less health than her opponent is making it a horrible SA.

SOOOO
my idea:
INSTEAD OF
50% of all damage inflicted is regained as HEALTH as long as Eliza's health percentage is lower than her opponent's.

MAYBE THIS
If Eliza’s health percentage is lower than her opponents when she uses a BLOCKBUSTER, 15/20/25% of the damage dealt will be recovered as health. (Occurs for the entire duration of the blockbuster)

hear me out! So like why I think this will work is because I am imagining defence Eliza, you are at High PF streaks and Eliza has FINAL STAND from another source. Then, all of sudden, she uses Lady of Slaughter, and recovers 25% of all damage done to you, and you are now dead. Also, since she has like 200% bonus damage applied, she’s basically full health now.

What I want to emphasize is the vapirism is determined at the activation of the the blockbuster (special moves could be included??) and last until the entire move is over. So no more weird “you can only recover as much damage as you” stuff.

Last edited:
This idea has a fatal flaw.

3 of Elisas BBs don't do much damage by themselves. Sekhmet's X do a single sekhmet attack that leaves you in Sekhmed mode, and hits done in sekhmet mode don't count as BB hits (can be easily seen in rift battles). So basically with the proposed change it becomes impractical to use sekhmet mode on Stand Out, because you'd be robbing yourself of valuable move slots that could be used on BBs that actually deal damage. Except Lady Of Slaughter of course. In which case staying in sekhmet is just an afterthought, not the purpose.

This idea has a fatal flaw.

3 of Elisas BBs don't do much damage by themselves. Sekhmet's X do a single sekhmet attack that leaves you in Sekhmed mode, and hits done in sekhmet mode don't count as BB hits (can be easily seen in rift battles). So basically with the proposed change it becomes impractical to use sekhmet mode on Stand Out, because you'd be robbing yourself of valuable move slots that could be used on BBs that actually deal damage. Except Lady Of Slaughter of course. In which case staying in sekhmet is just an afterthought, not the purpose.
I've seen some pretty sweet combos pulled off by using the first hit of Sekhmet. I mean, I honestly don't love this idea, but for different reasons than that.

See, as it stands, Stand Out is a weirder version of Diva and honestly, probably a nerfed version considering she has to rely on the enemy's buff and can't heal past the enemy's HP. Plus, she's dealing damage while she's doing it, so it works against itself. Plus, stuff like this where the SA is obviously for a defender but the defender has to be relied on to get hits in is just....not great. I think your rework isn't bad, but she'd still be a mediocre defender which is a shame bc she's diamond. Maybe something like...X% chance when hit with a critical to regain X% HP. Just anything to make her actually work as her intended role.

Reactions: lothorie
This rework sounds good...on paper.
The only one that does devastating damage is Nekhbat Breaker. And this SA still relies on Eliza's health being lower but if anything, this requirement is even worse than the current one. She has to have a lower health stat than the opponent. And Stand Out has less health than like, 3 fighters in the game. Or am I not understanding it right?

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
wait what? when they say less health than the enemy i thought they meant health percentage. wait all this time it’s been the actual number??

wait what? when they say less health than the enemy i thought they meant health percentage. wait all this time it’s been the actual number??

No the current one is a health percentage

I thought the whole "less health" thing in the SA you proposed meant the actual number

:oops:Well, I don’t really like the idea based on enemy’s current hp. So I preferred something constant, like every critical hit have 10% chance to drain health. It could be the first crit based Eliza.

Reactions: theLoneskull
See, as it stands, Stand Out is a weirder version of Diva and honestly, probably a nerfed version considering she has to rely on the enemy's buff and can't heal past the enemy's HP. Plus, she's dealing damage while she's doing it, so it works against itself.

Even worse her sa1 is a nerfed version of silver bloody valentine which can regain health with no cap or any other requirements other than someone using special moves during the fight...

:oops:Well, I don’t really like the idea based on enemy’s current hp. So I preferred something constant, like every critical hit have 10% chance to drain health. It could be the first crit based Eliza.

Haha I never though of that. That's a great idea

Or what if she had the exact opposite of Rusty??
Every hit dealt has a 10% to activate a 1/2/3 second regen.

Seems kinda strong
Not a bad idea. I'd bump up the time a little though, just because she's diamond. The cap could be six seconds or something. Then again, as a defensive SA she'd be better off getting a chance at regen for every hit dealt to her instead of the other way around.

I think "Stand Out" variant should follow the "buff punishment or counter" line it has with 2nd SA. Giving a "nerfed-Diva" SA doesn't sound good for the people (I have seen on game's chat and here) so I have 2 ideas and I would like to hear your opinion:

Both of them are to change 1st SA, just that one:

1. Reduce the time of any buff applied to the opponent by 2, 3 and 5 seconds (It would be active when she's in the reserve)

or

2. When a buff on the opponent expires, inflict 1, 2 and 3 random debuffs (except stun and doom) for 12 seconds. (Yeah, I have thought in Valetine's marquee, but I think that it would work anyways and Chaos Banish move)

So.... if 2nd SA doesn't work, 1st SA would help and punish the buffs gained by the opponent.

I think "Stand Out" variant should follow the "buff punishment or counter" line it has with 2nd SA. Giving a "nerfed-Diva" SA doesn't sound good for the people (I have seen on game's chat and here) so I have 2 ideas and I would like to hear your opinion:

1. Reduce the time of any buff applied to the opponent by 2, 3 and 5 seconds (It would be active when she's in the reserve)

or

2. When a buff on the opponent expires, inflict 1, 2 and 3 random debuffs (except stun and doom) for 12 seconds. (Yeah, I have thought in Valetine's marquee, but I think that it would work anyways and Chaos Banish move)

So.... if 2nd SA doesn't work, 1st SA would help and punish the buffs gained by the opponent.

Both of those ideas sound good. I think the 1st one would be better because it activates while in the reserve and nothing can stop it. The second one sounds great, but can be countered by immunity and hex. Not to mention that there are certain fighters or modifiers which punish you for inflicting debuffs (Gene Therapy comes to mind). The 1st one sounds rather balanced and can't be stopped, though maybe make it 4 seconds instead of 5 just to be sure its not broken.

or

I also like both these ideas, though the second is more appealing to me. I just like debuffing people!

Also, small point, decreasing all enemy buffs by 5 seconds would completely negate a good number of buffs, which might cross the line of being overpowered.

Reactions: educavalcantee
How about changing her SA to:
50% chance of removing buff when enemy gains it and heal X% of her hp
Also gain 25% meter to all blockbusters

This change would make her an amazing defence fighter that would force you to not use any kind of buffs against her

How about changing her SA to:
50% chance of removing buff when enemy gains it and heal X% of her hp
Also gain 25% meter to all blockbusters

This change would make her an amazing defence fighter that would force you to not use any kind of buffs against her
I do like this idea - on paper. It functions similar to Assassin's Greed, which I like, but I feel like it's nerfed. A lot of attackers rely on buffs, but a lot don't. It'd be too easy to work around, especially because it would only be a 50% chance to gain health. It wouldn't be totally useless - some people's only maxed fighters have self buffs, and some BBs grant buffs. Overall, though, it's gonna be unreliable.