• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Crash Crashes before match start since 1.2.1 update

Chrono_Tata

Reaction score
After the 1.2.1 update and still on the 1.2.2 update, the game would sometimes (about 1/3 of the time) crash after pressing Fight and the loading screen runs for about 5 seconds. This happens on any game mode. I can't identify any particular character or move set that would cause the crash and it seems to be completely random. After the crash I could back in the game and try to start the exact same match (same team on both sides in story mode) and it would start fine.

This bug didn't occur on the 1.2.0 version, only after the 1.2.1 update.

This is a really annoying bug and makes the game practically unplayable at this point, since the character energy is drained anyway before the game crashes. Hope it can get fixed soon.

Phone: Motorola Nexus 6

Crashing in general just seems to be plaguing most if not all Android players. I hope it can be fixed because I enjoy the game itself, it's just that the app it's contained in is trash on Android. It seriously feels like a coin flip.

Reactions: Brian Newhouse
I'm having the same exact issue as described above as well, it now officially appears that I'm now stuck in story mode, with no ability to continue onward since this latest update. The crash occurs exactly how you described it, and the game is virtually unplayable now. I'll exit the game, comeback to it, and the crash occurs all over again while the loading screen appears and immediately boot me back to my home screen. I'm using an LG Stylo 2 Pro.

Reactions: Chrono_Tata
Glad I'm not the only one at least. If a lot of people have the issue hopefully we can provide them with enough data to fix it.

Reactions: Brian Newhouse
Same here. Android 6 and random crashes, sometimes every second match... Rly annoying, because there is no return to game after crash, so I just lose energy for nothing.

Reactions: Chrono_Tata
Ok so I think I've figured out when the game will crash, at least in story mode that is. Just before a fight, you choose your team, and then when your ready to fight, you hit the fight button. Once you hit that "new" fight button that was added in the previous update, that will immediately spawn a crash at the loading screen. Once it crashes, you reenter the game, and don't hit the team button, and hit the fight button, it won't crash. I believe it's the newly added fight button on the team select screen.

Reactions: Ownface
Ok so I think I've figured out when the game will crash, at least in story mode that is. Just before a fight, you choose your team, and then when your ready to fight, you hit the fight button. Once you hit that "new" fight button that was added in the previous update, that will immediately spawn a crash at the loading screen. Once it crashes, you reenter the game, and don't hit the team button, and hit the fight button, it won't crash. I believe it's the newly added fight button on the team select screen.
Ooh. I will try this and see if it's the same on my phone.

Just before a fight, you choose your team, and then when your ready to fight, you hit the fight button. Once you hit that "new" fight button that was added in the previous update, that will immediately spawn a crash at the loading screen. Once it crashes, you reenter the game, and don't hit the team button, and hit the fight button, it won't crash. I believe it's the newly added fight button on the team select screen.
Can confirm this was happening to me all morning when playing the Big Band Dailies. Took me most of my walk to work to finally nail down it was the new FIGHT button on the team select screen that was causing it. Every time I picked a new team, then hit the new FIGHT button I would immediately get a crash on the loading screen.

Android 5.1.1
Galaxy A8

Confirmed on my phone that it happens when using the new Fight button. And I keep pressing the new Fight button anyway without thinking about it. Fuuuuu